Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tbone57 View Post
    Normal like a normal able bodied person

So since epidural stimulation restored feeling in his S1-S5 just "like a normal able bodied person" does that mean other areas innervated with those nerves were awaken and he can feel those now?

I found him on facebook but couldn't contact him as I don't have one. Anyone talk to him?

Comment

There are a lot of videos of these four guys around the internet. I just watched one of them where Kent, the guy with the "complete injury" probably the worst out of the four, he demonstrates what he can do, stand up, move his legs while lying down etc. its amazing to watch. I did see another video where one of the guys says that he wanted to have a family and now with the stimulator he feels he can because his sexual function has returned. I haven't heard specifics like erection, ejaculation, orgasm etc. but the guy was happy, so something good is goin on

Comment

It is great to hear some type of positive news no matter what it is. It gives me hope. My question like many is "what can they actually feel during movement"? I am a total complete Asia "A". I don't know much about the cells or nerves but it seems you would need to fire up lower motor neurons to gain feeling. I don't know if I am correct with the statement about neurons. . My next question on the electrical currents/stimulation: Are they firing up neurons? If they are it seems this therapy can be fast tracked thru the FDA . I haven't heard any negative side effects with the stimulation. I will be happy with any plus for bowel and blatter. 2015 will be an interesting year. Best to All.

Comment

If I read that article correctly, is that the first of #36for36 that the Reeve campaign was going on about? If so, the article says they're only doing 5 this year ... so that's one. If they do five per year, that's 7 more years. Why so long?

Please - for gawds'sake - test on some female subjects! At least one with menopause, one who is sexually active and one who is still fertile enough to become pregnant! I beg of you! We'd like to know our genitourinary system recovery too!

Bladder return .. dare to dream. And if I could wiggle toes and move from the knees down (eff walking), maybe I could finally get around the corner on those damn wounds that have haunted me forever.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0287yr2
          Last edited by lynnifer; 7 Jan 2015, 7:29 PM.
          Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Ok serious question! Do they have a girl(or guy for some) running around checking sexual function? If so I am getting in on this trial.

Comment

AND a physiological reason for no quad trial yet? Tetra?
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

Comment

you can have one of these stimulators put in but of course insurance won't pay and the hospital I called didn't tell me what the price is.

Comment

There's a lot of rehab involved as well ... from what I've heard in the interviews. Before implantation, after implantation and before it's 'turned on.' Probably a helluva lot more afterwards too. The latest had his surgery mid-November ... this hit the news January 5th ...

https://www.facebook.com/SusanHarkema?ref=br_rs

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                    f they do five per year, that's 7 more years. Why so long?

Bladder return .. dare to dream.
                    Wow... So there is something out there that will get some of my bb&s and I have to wait 10 years for it? Cheers to that, glad Kent is gettin laid

Comment

Yea, Kents getting laid and the rest of us are getting fucked!!!

Comment

I'm too old and too far gone ... have you guys inquired about it?

Comment

Originally posted by #LHB# View Post
                          Ok serious question! Do they have a girl(or guy for some) running around checking sexual function? If so I am getting in on this trial.
                          I think that most of the people who have sexual function return as their priority, think of the pleasure and euphoria induced by orgasm. These trial participants should be tested for release of prolactin, oxytocin and endorphins. Not the ability to get an erection.

Comment

I have inquired and sent some of my medical information. I'm waiting for a response. While I am not extremely wealthy I think I might be able to pay for it. I also want my hardware removed so it makes sense to do both at the same time.

Realistically, based on my experience with the health care industry, I don't think I will get the chance. I've experienced very little empathy or willingness to help me. They simply do not care about our misery.

Comment

You don't pay in clinical trials ... at least not in Canada or America that I know of???

Comment

Sexual function is dream to get but this device is expansive and not soon for us i guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X