No announcement yet.

Large animal trial for Chondroitinase is underway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt the results will be tabulated until early 2017.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

There were videos of some dogs posted by the owners and they looked really good. I am very optimistic but cautiously.

lynnifer is probably right that we will not find out the results for awhile but if Dr. Silver gives any speeches I would listen to it carefully as he might just mention on it in the near future. Just maybe

Comment

Actually, the trial will be complete by the end of September. They will have the data results analyzed and written up by November according to one of the principal investigators.
        http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
          Actually, the trial will be complete by the end of September. They will have the data results analyzed and written up by November according to one of the principal investigators.
          Even better
          "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
          Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

That's great

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
              Even better
              The last dog was enrolled in the last days of March. Each one requires 6 months. (April-Sept). Even though the data is analyzed and the paper written, the team has no control on acceptance of the paper at the journal in which it is submitted and an actual publication date.

Comment

The last dog was enrolled in the last days of March. Each one requires 6 months. (April-Sept). Even though the data is analyzed and the paper written, the team has no control on acceptance of the paper at the journal in which it is submitted and an actual publication date.
                Still good ...fingers crossed
                "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

I hope everyone else has enjoyed following the animal trial via social media. This has truly been an extraordinary opportunity for both the pet owners and this community and a lot of work for the vet college and investigators to keep together. The video posted today of "Todd" in comparison to the video posted on March 17th of his before condition was super. Just so everyone knows also...the control dogs that didn't get the Chondroitinase treatment during their 6 month testing period, they are given the treatment on their very last visit to the lab free of charge. No little dogs ended up being left out. The treatment was only withheld during the trial so they could get data on a non-treated group.

Comment

Awesome way to conclude the work.
                    T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

Grammy,
                      Hi, Can you post the links for those dogs videos (before and after treatments )? Thanks

Comment

That would really be great to see before and after videos if available. I followed them a little but I did not see before and after. The ones I saw looked really good running around and stuff. Todd looks great. What a great study I think.

Comment

Originally posted by kz View Post
                          Grammy,
                          Hi, Can you post the links for those dogs videos (before and after treatments )? Thanks
                          I can upload youtube and vimeo here but I don't believe this vBulletin 4.0 supports a Facebook plug in or I don't embed correctly. I'll try...

Nope, it doesn't seem to embed correctly for me. Maybe Jim can tell me how to embed a public facebook video

Comment

Does anyone have details on the study makeup in terms of chronic completes?
                            T3 complete since Sept 2015.

Comment

I can upload youtube and vimeo here but I don't believe this vBulletin 4.0 supports a Facebook plug in or I don't embed correctly. I'll try...

Nope, it doesn't seem to embed correctly for me. Maybe Jim can tell me how to embed a public facebook video
                              We don't have the site linked with Facebook. I'll talk to Steven to see if we can do it without compromising security.

Comment

I second that.
                                Originally posted by kz View Post
                                Grammy,

Comment

Working...
                                X