Portugal Treatments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portugal Treatments

As previously stated, 2 U.S. citizens have been treated in Portugal (in March, 2003). The next round may involve older age groups this fall. I understand all persons treated previously have experienced return of sensation/movement without any physical rehab. It will be interesting to see how well the older age group fares. At least the procedure appears to be safe and additional persons are being treated.

Getting ready to find out.

I am hoping that they will accept me. Dr. Lima wants my MRI to confirm that I am eligible for this trial. He says so far everything looks good. It will cost approximatly 100,000 dollars, hope it's worth it, willing to do anything at this point that looks encouraging. Will post as soon as it is confirmed.

Comment

why not we all WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIT on the usa to start doing these treatments. yaaaay yaaaay.

Comment

Anyone know anything about Dr. Lima and the Detroit Medical Center.

Comment

Teion,

Yes.

Comment

About Detroit Med Center, Is it funded by the Spinal Cord Society? What are they actually going to do their?
            [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Teion,

Don't know about the funding from SCS, however, there is a collaborative effort in the future to cooperate with Dr. Lima through the Detroit Medical Center (by the way, Dr. Lima does not do the nasal mucosa procedure himself).

Comment

They are working together..

The doctors from DMC are working with Dr. Lima, they are doing the rehabilitation both before and after the surgery.
                And as for waiting, don't have the time it would be years in my opinion. Also, about the sci society paying for it that is not what the doctors here in the USA told me.....I WISH!!!!

Comment

Teion,

Superstar is right on the money.

Comment

So Superstar,
                    The cost to you will be a 100 grand? How do you get in touch with Dr. Lima? Can't hurt to try.

Comment

Schmeky, Superstar, this is great news, thanks for the info!

[This message was edited by seneca on 04-22-03 at 01:31 AM.]

Comment

So DMC is actually going to apply the therapy on humans? Besides post and pre opperative pt, are they using OEG in combination with anything else, ie adult stem cells? Thanks for the info and good luck Superstar...
                        [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Dear Super:

Where did you get that cost?

Comment

Dr Lima will be here in Italy the next 10 and 11 of May to evaluate patients from here. I have my evaluation scheduled with him for the 11, I really hope he will find me eligible for the treatmant.
                            As far as the cost I dont know becouse since Portugal and Italy are both in the Economic Europeean Comunity by applaing for the E112 Model I wont pay anything for the surgery.

Andrea

Comment

...All patients previously have experienced return of sensation/movement....
                              IS THIS TRUE??? My information's don't conform to this statement. And if
                              yes, it would be interesting to what degree let us say on a scale from o.o1
                              to 100.

Comment

Working...
                              X