Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proyecto volver a caminar(project back walking)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a perfect attitude! Hope you don't cheat with the injury models.
    Thanks for your post, seems like it's in Spain stuff really is happening.

Some fresh eyes sounds great in this kind of project, not stuck in old approaches and with no personal pride to protect. Keep up the good work!
    Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Comment

Excellent!

Comment

Originally posted by 0xSquidy View Post
        Hi! Well, sorry for not being here before everyone.

There's not much I can tell besides what's on the website for now. We are working on renewing the main website (including english), as well as airing our fundraising platform so more people can use it and we can get the family bigger and stronger.
        Everything takes a lot of work and we can't leave our events behind too much since it's how we are raising money, the fuel of this endeavour. Hopefully everything will be up and in english soon enough.

About the science, again not much I can tell right now as it's being defined as I type this. We'll be running some proof of concept in animals as soon as possible with the best there is in the field. If it succeeds as expected it'll be tried out on people. No delays.

Dr. Jordi has been working in different kinds of research outside the SCI field and has become tired to see how much it takes to get solutions to the patients, if it ever does. He's very passionate about what the research is really about: curing people. We specifically looked for someone with his kind of attitude and also someone who had never worked in SCI. Why in the hell you may ask? Well, personal/scientific bias is the last nightmare you want in a multi-variable project such as this one.

We are in the "cure" race not in the "waiting" one, and I hope you are too.
        Problem is that there is very little to be translated into clinical trials about chronic SCI because basic research is set on acute.. at the meeting in Barcelona in April dr. Jordi could realize that for sure.
        I think that if we don't get researchers to focus on chronic SCI we won't get out of chairs in 50 years.

What does dr. Jordi thinks about that?

Paolo
        Last edited by paolocipolla; 06-07-2013, 06:37 AM.
        In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by void View Post
          Some fresh eyes sounds great in this kind of project, not stuck in old approaches and with no personal pride to protect.
          Exactly.

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
          Problem is that there is very little to be translated into clinical trials about chronic SCI because basic research is set on acute
          There's enough chronic work to keep us busy

Of course, the more the better.

PS: BTW, I guess the english name of the project would be something like "Walk again", but don't quote me on that.
          Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

Problem is that there is very little to be translated into clinical trials about chronic SCI because basic research is set on acute.. at the meeting in Barcelona in April Jody could realize that for sure.
            I think that if we don't get researchers to focus on chronic SCI we won't get out of chairs in 50 years.

What does Jody think about that?

Paolo
            Where you there? Who is Jody?
            Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

Comment

Where you there? Who is Jody?
              Sorry for the spelling mistake, Jodi = Dr. Jordi

Yes I attended that meeting, it wasn't bad, but nothing exciting to report for us.

Paolo

Comment

Originally posted by 0xSquidy View Post
                Exactly.

There's enough chronic work to keep us busy

Of course, the more the better.
                I think that what you are tring to do is great, but the things that are keeping you busy, if all goes well, what functional recovery can bring to people?

I wish you had better stuff to work on and that would be easily possible if there was more basic chronic SCI research.

Paolo

Comment

I think that what you are tring to do is great, but the things that are keeping you busy, if all goes well, what functional recovery can bring to people?

I wish you had better stuff to work on and that would be easily possible if there was more basic chronic SCI research.

Paolo
                  Well, while events are going well etc. we won't stop until full functional recovery. That's the whole point.

Just give me more basic chronic SCI
                  Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

Think it's worth mentioning this :http://www.fenexy.org/news_detail.php?noticia=31
                    It's in spanish but it says that they have looked through 1700 articles, 1200 patents and 74 clinical trials to find the most prominent ones. During the spring will they start to evaluate how to combine these to maximize the benefit.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/notes/funda...1621357900475/

They will start a clinical trial in Argentina using stem cells and electrical stimulation.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/notes/funda...1621357900475/

They will start a clinical trial in Argentina using stem cells and electrical stimulation.

Cool, waiting to get more details
                        "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Working...
                        X