Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frank Reynolds - Invivo 4/29/13 video

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    Source? I hope its not just word of mouth.
    Um, he mentions it in every interview, including this one.

    And they've conducted trials on chronic primates.

    "Word of mouth," lol. What an embarrassing assumption. These are
    neuroscientists; they're a little bit more professional than that.

    Comment


    • #17
      I may be missing something here, but how does he "need" our support (our being the chronic SCI community). I daresay he isn't relying on our financial support, moral support, or any other type of support. I just don't really see what he could possibly hope to gain in the long run from constantly mentioning efforts to move on from acute to chronic SCI if its all a sham. Also, I know a lot of people around here seem to hate Reynolds personally for whatever reason but I doubt the entire staff at InVivo would go along with him publicly lying repeatedly and be ok with it.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Buck503 View Post
        Um, he mentions it in every interview, including this one.

        And they've conducted trials on chronic primates.

        "Word of mouth," lol. What an embarrassing assumption. These are
        neuroscientists; they're a little bit more professional than that.

        WTF does being a neuroscientist have anything to do with what I said? Frank is a business man. "Word of mouth" - Mentioning something about chronics. "Oh yea we are going to have something for them too". Come on, you haven't heard that one from any other group?
        I am sorry. I did not know that they actually did conduct trials on chronic primates. I thought it was just acutes. So how did this trial go?

        Comment


        • #19
          When he is telling the truth here he deserves his rolex , which ticks on his wrist.....he said they had good results removing scar tissue in monkeys. So he has to sit down with a lot of neurosurgeons and has to talk to them immediatly because these are the guys who do it and will take out/in the stuff we need to recover....

          This problem was also discussed on the meet the scientists event 2013. Different companys and labs doing wonderful powerpoint presentations which look so nice but when they talk 1 minute to a surgeon afterwards he simply says ´´ehm no way that this works dude´´.....

          Comment


          • #20
            He mentions great result in monkeys for chronics, is this published?
            I've only found this: http://invivotherapeutics.com/pdf/jnmarticle.pdf
            Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by nrf View Post
              Is there a good balance of Neuro-scientists to Investment Bankers?
              I don't know. The biotech company goal is about making money and they probably wouldn't need many neuro folks to make that happen. eh?
              http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

              Comment


              • #22
                How does he propose dealing with the scar??
                Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by void View Post
                  He mentions great result in monkeys for chronics, is this published?
                  I've only found this: http://invivotherapeutics.com/pdf/jnmarticle.pdf

                  Here's the research section off the company website.
                  http://www.invivotherapeutics.com/about-us/research/

                  The article you linked to there void is a 2 day acute lateral hemi model. The ipsilateral tracts were transected without removal of a full segment or only particular tracts (lateral corticospinal efferents, dorsal funiculus afferents). A unilateral restriction of the lesion was implemented with the aim of sparing bladder function and anal muscle tone by allowing compensatory innervation by retained contralateral corticospinal efferents.
                  The injury created paralysis in a ipsilateral tract of one of the hindlimbs but they allowed sparing of bladder and rectal function and retention of sufficient overall motor function and mobility and allowed the continuation of feeding, grooming and other healthy activities without supplementary veterinary care.

                  http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                    How does he propose dealing with the scar??

                    Alex Aimetti, PhD, R & D Manager said they propose to just cut it out if I heard it correctly in his November presentation.
                    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I would never sign up for that in a million years ... madness.
                      Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

                      T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
                        I don't know. The biotech company goal is about making money and they probably wouldn't need many neuro folks to make that happen. eh?
                        Did Frank Reynolds claim he had cured his own SCI?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          And Frank's appearance on Fox Business from yesterday.

                          http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/va...ylist_id=87060
                          stephen@bike-on.com

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
                            Here's the research section off the company website.
                            http://www.invivotherapeutics.com/about-us/research/

                            The article you linked to there void is a 2 day acute lateral hemi model. The ipsilateral tracts were transected without removal of a full segment or only particular tracts (lateral corticospinal efferents, dorsal funiculus afferents). A unilateral restriction of the lesion was implemented with the aim of sparing bladder function and anal muscle tone by allowing compensatory innervation by retained contralateral corticospinal efferents.
                            The injury created paralysis in a ipsilateral tract of one of the hindlimbs but they allowed sparing of bladder and rectal function and retention of sufficient overall motor function and mobility and allowed the continuation of feeding, grooming and other healthy activities without supplementary veterinary care.

                            Yes, I know it's an acute model, that is why I was asking if someone knew where I could read about the chronic model. I found the paper there of course. Can you give a more precise link where I can read about the chronic monkey model he mentions in the video?
                            Debating on CareCure is like participating in the special-olympics. You may win, but you're still disabled.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by nrf View Post
                              Did Frank Reynolds claim he had cured his own SCI?
                              yea dont you know, with the magical books he read.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by nrf View Post
                                Did Frank Reynolds claim he had cured his own SCI?
                                I have never heard him make that claim.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X