Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5th Trial (CN102B_HK) people walking?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    5th Trial (CN102B_HK) people walking?

    I received the "Clinical Trials: Update and Upcoming" newsletter and read that 15 or 20 people with complete SCI began walking after 3-12 months of treatment in the 5th Trial (CN102B_HK). Is that right? I find that to be shocking news and wonder why it hasn't been mentioned on news programs. I see that it's taking place in Kunming but that shouldn't matter. Did I read that update correctly or am I missing something?

    Thanks for any information,
    Joe

    #2
    Originally posted by Yankman30 View Post
    I received the "Clinical Trials: Update and Upcoming" newsletter and read that 15 or 20 people with complete SCI began walking after 3-12 months of treatment in the 5th Trial (CN102B_HK). Is that right? I find that to be shocking news and wonder why it hasn't been mentioned on news programs. I see that it's taking place in Kunming but that shouldn't matter. Did I read that update correctly or am I missing something?

    Thanks for any information,
    Joe
    /forum/showthread.php?p=1689191#post1689191

    Comment


      #3
      Yes it is indeed shocking
      News like this is only credible when published in the appropriate venues and open for scrutiny and when confirmed by independent, credible/reliable authorities. This site is full of wild cure stories, all create hype/hope all end in oblivion. i do not know the M.O of this trial but usually news like this does not come out on internet sites or off the cuff.
      My fear is that many desperate people frequent this site and may try to jump the gun.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by peterf View Post
        Yes it is indeed shocking
        News like this is only credible when published in the appropriate venues and open for scrutiny and when confirmed by independent, credible/reliable authorities. This site is full of wild cure stories, all create hype/hope all end in oblivion. i do not know the M.O of this trial but usually news like this does not come out on internet sites or off the cuff.
        My fear is that many desperate people frequent this site and may try to jump the gun.
        Jump the gun on what?

        Comment


          #5
          I agree, jump the gun on what? If humans are walking with less than a year, this should all be approved and funded. I must be missing something.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Yankman30 View Post
            I agree, jump the gun on what? If humans are walking with less than a year, this should all be approved and funded. I must be missing something.
            With due respect this quote is exactly what i mean by jumping the Gun.

            May i quote Dr`Wise himself
            "I have done many clinical trials and while the current results are very promising, we need to confirm them in rigorous phase III trials before I am willing to say that the treatment really works."
            Last edited by peterf; 30 Apr 2013, 6:29 AM.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by peterf View Post
              With due respect this quote is exactly what i mean by jumping the Gun.
              How so? Are you suggesting the trial should not be funded and should not be approved?
              Is that what "jumping the gun" means?

              Comment


                #8
                No. Barry i don't want people on this site going wild on hope, it is not mentally healthy
                My point is that these results raise more questions than answers.
                If these results confirm that ASIA A patients could not have achieved walking without cell therapy this would be nobel prize material and work wonders for cell investment funding. The venue to publish such results is not a newsletter nor an internet site.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by peterf View Post
                  No. Barry i don't want people on this site going wild on hope, it is not mentally healthy
                  My point is that these results raise more questions than answers.
                  If these results confirm that ASIA A patients could not have achieved walking without cell therapy this would be nobel prize material and work wonders for cell investment funding. The venue to publish such results is not a newsletter nor an internet site.
                  You are talking confusing kind of stuff....

                  Comment


                    #10
                    While the results are promising its critical to do the next phase of the trials which will compare four groups. At this point it's unproven which variable is responsible for the success.
                    Further the 15 subjects who are walking don't have mobility and sensory scores that correlate to walking capabilities. Most likely they are walking bc of cpg. If these people stopped their 666 training their body would forget how to walk.
                    That being said this study does show some type of regeneration and is unbelievably exciting.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      What results are you all talking about
                      There is nothing confusing in my statements,
                      what is confusing is the news conveyed on this site that within a trial programme that is assessing cell safety and efficacy patients classified as ASIA A have achieved walking

                      if one cannot prove/disprove that ASIA A patients could not achieve this walking status without cell treatment what are we then talking about.

                      Dr Wise (if this is you)please caution the information you put out on this site.

                      I do expect this particular trial will submit its findings for independent scientific reviews in the approriate venues.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        double post

                        double post
                        Last edited by peterf; 8 May 2013, 4:56 AM.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by peterf View Post
                          No.

                          If these results confirm that ASIA A patients could not have achieved walking without cell therapy this would be nobel prize material and work wonders for cell investment funding. The venue to publish such results is not a newsletter nor an internet site.
                          The mean post injurytime was 13 years.

                          /forum/showthr...91#post1689191

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by BSP1136 View Post
                            ... Most likely they are walking bc of cpg. If these people stopped their 666 training their body would forget how to walk.
                            That being said this study does show some type of regeneration and is unbelievably exciting.
                            I agree! Phase III will show what is working and why!
                            What we know now is one thing for sure:
                            Kunming experience in PHYSIO component of this program is crucial!
                            If their "tight rope walking" technique in 6 hours / 6 days / 6 months program can contribute ASIA A patient to walk again,
                            than what can be done to ASIA B, ASIA C Incomplete Injuries with this type of vigorous exercise ?!


                            I know Dr. Wise posted explanation of this exercise technique but I am still looking
                            for Video of this walking exercise - specially part where patient walking with rope tightening and pulling knees in lock position and releasing for step
                            - ANYONE KNOWS THAT SUCH VIDEO IS AVAILABLE - POST A LINK PLEASE?!!

                            Paradox is that exercise is the most expensive component for this trial.
                            Even if this exercise program alone shows THE BEST PERCENTAGE of RECOVERY so far,
                            I can still see that western physio based on $$$ math of 864 physio hours times cost
                            of physio-therapist hour will be opposing this "expensive" program.

                            However, If patient with his / her own friends or family can organize exercise as close as possible to
                            exercise in Kunming / used for this trial and get better with posture, standing and even walking,
                            Videos from Kunming and more information about this exercise would be invaluable!!!!
                            Last edited by comad; 11 May 2013, 11:21 PM. Reason: clarification
                            www.MiracleofWalk.com

                            Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
                            to what we know about nature
                            Saint Augustine

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Please be patient. We will get the data published in a good peer-reviewed journal. At the present, we are presenting preliminary data to various groups that we are meeting, so that we can get professional opinions and consensus on the upcoming clinical trial. People are demanding to see videos and so on forth. We cannot show them on internet. The goal is to get the phase III trial going so that we can confirm our preliminary results in a well designed and executed phase III trial that is randomized, blinded, and controlled. Wise.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X