No cure looks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No cure looks

Recently not much cure news on CC and also about upcoming genuine trials for chronics which can give the real hope for cure. I feel bit hopeless that no cure for chronics for few years. I wish i m wrong.

Wise wasn´t online for a while......I take it as a good sign because he is busy then be calm , good news will come !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jawaid View Post
      Recently not much cure news on CC and also about upcoming genuine trials for chronics which can give the real hope for cure. I feel bit hopeless that no cure for chronics for few years. I wish i m wrong.
      Cure for chronics in a few years? Yeah I would say that is not a realistic expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by t8burst View Post
        Cure for chronics in a few years? Yeah I would say that is not a realistic expectation.
        I would say the definition of a "cure" is very split among us injured. I dont need to be fixed up to 100% to feel like I have been cured. At least sitting here right now thats my thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
          I would say the definition of a "cure" is very split among us injured. I dont need to be fixed up to 100% to feel like I have been cured. At least sitting here right now thats my thought.
          I don't think any of us expect the "cure" to allow us to be running marathons. Even if some sort of therapy or procedure is developed that restores a significant amount of function in the next couple years (which is a big if), how long will it take for it to be widely available? Unless you are wealthy or lucky enough to be in some sort of clinical trial probably quite a while.

Not trying to be a downer, just realistic about my expectations.

Comment

Last edited by Stormycoon; 1 Apr 2013, 11:21 PM.
            I am not your rolling wheels
            I am the highway
            I am not your carpet ride
            I am the sky
            I am not your blowing wind
            I am the lightning
            I am not your autumn moon
            I am the night, the night..

Comment

Sounds like almost the same work that Keirstead does right now......... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPvsMB5Q_yI

Comment

This is a great forum for care but not for cure !

Comment

You guys can call me a pessimist but cure is not on the horizon

Comment

OMGoodness peeps - put in your twenty years before you go all negative! lol

Signed a lucky paraplegic.
                    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Im new to this but theres a lot going on in terms of research. I wouldnt be so pessimistic.

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
                      Signed a lucky paraplegic.

Comment

No cure looks, Cure looks no, Looks no cure

Anyway you put it, it sounds nice.
                        Yes, I'll take my hands, wrists, and triceps please. Maybe I'll go for the bowel bladder sex functions first. Then again, the neuro, burning limb pain should come first since it's constant existence fucks everything else up. Legs? Legs legs, legs, along with my abdomen, diaphragm too don't forget. Motion and sensation please, got to get them both, need the two of them in order to have a party. Oooo, can't wait. Am I being greedy? Unrealistic?
                        I only want what I started out with, no more, no less. I'm giving up the years lost to SCI, all the associated problems, isn't that enough? Thanks guys, good thread, very comforting. I'd like to shop for shoes soon, too premature?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
                          I'd like to shop for shoes soon, too premature?
                          Bought some after my injury - still perfect condition. Just want to use them

Comment

Anything back would be a great start. I know a full cure is years away but damn it would be nice to get return of some kind no matter what it is.

Comment

lol - at least you still have the humour Tim - if I could loan you my upper body every other day, I would ... but I'm afraid you wouldn't stop playing with yourself. Oh yeah baby, well endowed. (just kidding)

That Fampyra drug enabled me just to get such a small section of lower back muscles - but it's made quite a difference. I was floating on a natural high for at least six months (Christmas was a downer as I spent yet another, alone). Guys at work said I was glowing and it was nice to see me smile as it had been a while.

I think fingers back would take you on a high for about two years in comparison ... I hope that's the way it works out anyway.

I know if I had full bladder return, I could be satisfied. Sexual function would be bonus ... but I would still mourn for a child I never got to have. :/ Though it might be fun to earn a nickname like Mattress Back or something .. lol.

Chin up peeps - Spring has Sprung and we're tougher than those FAB's (f*cking able bodied) who live in Never Never Land where nothing bad ever happens.
                              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Working...
                              X