This will be good to watch on Sunday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This will be good to watch on Sunday.

I just saw a commercial with Dr. Sanjay Gupta, for Sunday's show 10, 2013 talking with a scientist regarding curing paralyzed people. Very interesting, and I try to find the time and the name of the scientist. If any one of you can find more, please let us know because it was sounded great. He was saying that the people who could not walk, they will walk again.

Its about an exoskeleton

http://edition.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp...kend-piece.cnn

Comment

i rather stay in a chair than walk around looking like robo cop lmao. i thank thats a cheap short cut

Comment

Thats not curing paralysis, thats more or less painting over the problem. New paint new shrubs.

Comment

Originally posted by cable guy View Post
          i rather stay in a chair than walk around looking like robo cop lmao. i thank thats a cheap short cut
          Im with you on that. But I think these things might benefit in rehab facilities. Or even around the house. I use it for basic around the house chores and stuff i think. Hard to say until I try one. But with the current price tags....

Comment

Lmao! I exactly think the same dude! Thats not curing paralyses , this is waste of money.....in rehab they have things which are much more effeciency than this ironman suite....and btw what are you doing when you walk arround with this thing and batterie is low?? lmao......

Comment

Originally posted by KK11 View Post
              Lmao! I exactly think the same dude! Thats not curing paralyses , this is waste of money.....in rehab they have things which are much more effeciency than this ironman suite....and btw what are you doing when you walk arround with this thing and batterie is low?? lmao......

thats what im saying lol

Comment

I think it would be great for exercise and maintaining range of motion, in addition to an intense PT program like PushtoWalkNJ.

Comment

It might have its benefits...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewefDmy44tM

Comment

Not actually cheap. In the US I can't see anything other than private funding, and in UK the NHS/Social Services probably wouldn't help; = same result.
                    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Originally posted by chris arnold View Post
                      Not actually cheap. In the US I can't see anything other than private funding, and in UK the NHS/Social Services probably wouldn't help; = same result.
                      In germany they have that thing in 3 different rehab centres trying to approve how it helps people with sci. But only incompletes can test it. Every treadmill training is way more functional for those persons like this thing. waste of time and waste of money.......nothing else

Comment

I don't think, we'll not for a long time, that it would be available to the general public. Good luck medical malpractice!
                        Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

Comment

I saw it being tested over a year ago. Although I want cellular regeneration I think this would help people rehab in a transitional stage, where one is too weak to use a walker, but getting better. Any weight bearring and semi functional movement has to be better than nothing at all.

Comment

The exo-skeleton will really only be for sci-injured people with deep pockets. No insurance company let alone Medicare will pay for the robo cop exoskeleton as long as wheelchairs exist.
                            C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

Originally posted by KyleP2112 View Post
                              The exo-skeleton will really only be for sci-injured people with deep pockets. No insurance company let alone Medicare will pay for the robo cop exoskeleton as long as wheelchairs exist.
                              I think you may be surprised at the price of one that is being trialed here in the US. Should hit market middle of 2014.

Comment

Working...
                              X