Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Military Veteran with Spinal Cord Injury Is First Patient to Receive Intraspinal Inje

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Veteran with Spinal Cord Injury Is First Patient to Receive Intraspinal Inje

Military Veteran with Spinal Cord Injury Is First Patient to Receive Intraspinal Injections of Reprogramed Stem Cell Therapy from Precision StemCell

Within one month, paraplegic patient experiences movement
    GULF SHORES, Ala., Jan 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ – In 2007, an ATV accident left military veteran Scott Williams with a spinal cord injury that paralyzed him from the upper chest down. In the summer of 2012, after undergoing an autologous adipose-derived stem cell transplant into his spine at the Precision StemCell (http://www.precisionstemcell.com) facility in Gulf Shores, Williams began noticing increased sensation in his left leg and the ability to slightly move both feet.
    “Within one month, I was able to move my feet some, and I haven’t done that in over five years,” Williams stated. “I feel that this is amazing progress.” Williams received the “Selegeline reprogramed adipose derived stem cells” treatment that Precision StemCell has been giving to patients suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. Seventy-five percent of those ALS patients have experienced improvements in moving, breathing and speech.
    http://www.ereleases.com/pr/military...stemcell-96307
    KB

wouldn't this be great if it works out
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

Comment

where is Fda?

Comment

Is this legit? I look forward to reaction from Dr. Wise or Manouli.

Comment

Originally posted by east dragon View Post
          where is Fda?
          The small detail is that you go to Bogota, Columbia for the injection according to their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Vike View Post
            Is this legit? I look forward to reaction from Dr. Wise or Manouli.
            Depends on what you mean by "legit". Sure this person could have received this treatment. But that might not be the reason for the recovery. Theres alot of un answered questions that I myself have that make all the difference.

Comment

I love to hear what Dr. Young has to say about this one. I am the list person to answer any questions regarding this. People sending me private emails with smart questions and I cannot answer them back because I don't know, but I love to get emails from my friends here. I do, when I come from work, look for the daily spinal cord injury news to see what is going on and love to post them here so we can all share them. So forgive me when I don't answer medical questions. Now, I have to tell you about this article anyway. lol, my heart got excited when I was reading it because: First, he is chronic, he moved his legs after one month right? Up to here it sounds safe. Most important, the doctors try it on humans, do you know how much they learned with those trials? I only see positive newswith this article. I am very excited, I'm always excited any way when I read things like that. Now, too many places are trying different things with humans, that's why we hear good results. Sorry my friends I have to go now to pray for good things to continue, one day, hope soon, my prayers will be answered very very soon, I hope.

love u all, manouli.
              Last edited by manouli; 8 Jan 2013, 5:49 PM.

Comment

Very cool!

Glad to hear about the ALS progress, too. It's in my family's genes, sadly. We've lost a MiL, & 3 Aunts/Uncles, over a couple of generations, to ALS. (That bloodline is partaking in a study in IL, currently)

Thanks for sharing!
                "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Originally posted by manouli View Post
                  <snip> I only see positive newswith this article. I am very excited, I'm always excited any way when I read things like that. Now, too many places are trying different things with humans, that's why we hear good results. Sorry my friends I have to go now to pray for good things to continue, one day, hope soon, my prayers will be answered very very soon, I hope.

love u all, manouli.
                  The one thing I value is you can be counted on just like the sun rising to post news that is promising in some way nearly every day.

Comment

Is this different than what the panama stem cell institute does? cellmedicine.com

Comment

e:
                      Military Veteran with Spinal Cord Injury Is First Patient to Receive Intraspinal Injections of Reprogramed Stem Cell Therapy from Precision StemCell

Within one month, paraplegic patient experiences movement
                      GULF SHORES, Ala., Jan 8, 2013 /PRNewswire/ – In 2007, an ATV accident left military veteran Scott Williams with a spinal cord injury that paralyzed him from the upper chest down. In the summer of 2012, after undergoing an autologous adipose-derived stem cell transplant into his spine at the Precision StemCell (http://www.precisionstemcell.com) facility in Gulf Shores, Williams began noticing increased sensation in his left leg and the ability to slightly move both feet.
                      “Within one month, I was able to move my feet some, and I haven’t done that in over five years,” Williams stated. “I feel that this is amazing progress.” Williams received the “Selegeline reprogramed adipose derived stem cells” treatment that Precision StemCell has been giving to patients suffering from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s disease. Seventy-five percent of those ALS patients have experienced improvements in moving, breathing and speech.

to me this reads like it was done in golf shore, alabama

we need to track down scott williams

edit. yes done in colombia, http://www.precisionstemcell.com/research.cfm
                      Last edited by Leo; 9 Jan 2013, 3:22 PM.
                      http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

How can we get more info on this? Does anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by #LHB# View Post
                          How can we get more info on this? Does anybody know?
                          http://www.precisionstemcell.com

Comment

Nevermind
                            Last edited by #LHB#; 12 Jan 2013, 9:30 PM.

Comment

one response of doctor

Thank you for your email! In our procedure we harvest stem cells from fat (adipose derived stem cells), then we expose them to selegeline in to generate some neural reprogramming. The stem cells are then injected into the spine (spinal fluid)
                              The work is early yet. We are about to start culturing the stem cells, which will result in much larger numbers (170+ million versus the usual 30 million). The culturing cannot be done in the USA, so we are working in conjunction with a stem cell
                              lab in Bogota, Colombia (Stem). In addition, we soon hope to start a study where we genetically engineer the stem cells to increase neural growth. The only problem is that there is no outside funding currently to back up this work.
                              We are starting to get some research funding in ALS. We hope that releasing the initial results with paralysis and nerve injury will help create awareness to gain funding to support patient treatment.
                              Currently, patients have to help fund the bulk of the expense for the procedure. We also support some of the cost as well, but with increasing numbers of patients, it is wearing our resources down.
                              We feel that these initial results show that the therapy has great potential. It may be best to follow us closely, while we work on trying to gain additional funding support.

Comment

Working...
                              X