pr your opinion on the sélégiline for the stimulation of cells

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22395135

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22284617
    more on pubmed
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19422735
    your opinion

Comment

• Originally posted by cripwalk View Post
      Thank you Dr. Silver. You toil in relative obscurity but you are truly doing something great. I will never forget your name.
      For those of us who have dug to find those with the most time in the game Dr Silver's name is way up there. Case Western has been dealing with the science of paralysis for decades.
      Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moe View Post

Send kiwi my regards e si cazzo con i tuoi commenti inutili
        We have a fairly simple rule about attack the idea but not the person here. Using Google translator to attempt a slur in Italian, a common first language on international forums like CareCure, attacks not only the person but all those who are native Italian speakers.

Science is based on argueing different theories, interpretations and ideas. But attacking the person, whether a member or researcher, is not acceptable. Capisce? Understood?
        Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

• Originally posted by ian View Post
          It will never be explored properly, no one can put a patent on it. There are plenty of naturally occurring potent anti inflamatory substances which can be tried.
          This comment is pretty hilarious. I have seen many posts lamenting the patents and costs of licences regarding chondroitinase but now the problem is you can't patent it!! News to me!

Comment

• Originally posted by cripwalk View Post
            This comment is pretty hilarious. I have seen many posts lamenting the patents and costs of licences regarding chondroitinase but now the problem is you can't patent it!! News to me!
            The post which I replied to referred to curcumin and not chondroitinase.
            Last edited by ian; 02-28-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ian View Post
              It will never be explored properly, no one can put a patent on it. There are plenty of naturally occurring potent anti inflamatory substances which can be tried.
              This is not true.

1. Ann Neurol. 2011 Jul;70(1):84-92. doi: 10.1002/ana.22363. Antioxidants halt axonal degeneration in a mouse model of X-adrenoleukodystrophy. López-Erauskin J, Fourcade S, Galino J, Ruiz M, Schlüter A, Naudi A, Jove M, Portero-Otin M, Pamplona R, Ferrer I, Pujol A. Neurometabolic Diseases Laboratory, The Bellvitge Institute of Biomedical Research, Hospitalet de Liobregat, Barcelona, Spain. OBJECTIVE: Axonal degeneration is a main contributor to disability in progressive neurodegenerative diseases in which oxidative stress is often identified as a pathogenic factor. We aim to demonstrate that antioxidants are able to improve axonal degeneration and locomotor deficits in a mouse model of X-adrenoleukodystrophy (X-ALD). METHODS: X-ALD is a lethal disease caused by loss of function of the ABCD1 peroxisomal transporter of very long chain fatty acids (VLCFA). The mouse model for X-ALD exhibits a late onset neurological phenotype with locomotor disability and axonal degeneration in spinal cord resembling the most common phenotype of the disease, adrenomyeloneuropathy (X-AMN). Recently, we identified oxidative damage as an early event in life, and the excess of VLCFA as a generator of radical oxygen species (ROS) and oxidative damage to proteins in X-ALD. RESULTS: Here, we prove the capability of the antioxidants N-acetyl-cysteine, α-lipoic acid, and α-tocopherol to scavenge VLCFA-dependent ROS generation in vitro. Furthermore, in a preclinical setting, the cocktail of the 3 compounds reversed: (1) oxidative stress and lesions to proteins, (2) immunohistological signs of axonal degeneration, and (3) locomotor impairment in bar cross and treadmill tests. INTERPRETATION: We have established a direct link between oxidative stress and axonal damage in a mouse model of neurodegenerative disease. This conceptual proof of oxidative stress as a major disease-driving factor in X-AMN warrants translation into clinical trials for X-AMN, and invites assessment of antioxidant strategies in axonopathies in which oxidative damage might be a contributing factor.

Recruiting for Phase II Clinical Trial

Comment

• This does sound pretty good. Thanks to everyone out there doing research! Thanks for keeping us up on this as well Grammy!
                www.symbolofstrength.com

Comment

Working...
                X