No announcement yet.

Working 2 Walk: The Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm racking my brain trying to think who else could help you promote this. Have you talked to ProfessirX? He's always plugged into tons of ppl.
    Blog:
    Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
      I'm racking my brain trying to think who else could help you promote this. Have you talked to ProfessirX? He's always plugged into tons of ppl.
      I have not . . . could you mail him a link?

Comment

I'll do that!
        Blog:
        Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

Come on folks. Kate needs some more help to be able to write this book!
          2012 SCINetUSA Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
          Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Can I pledge without using kickstarter? I am having problems with it and can't complete a pledge.

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
              I'll do that!
              http://www.facebook.com/ProfessirX

Comment

Some news --

Today I got a check for $500 from a CC person who doesn't use credit cards. I'll add it to the total, which will put us at $5,375, which is very close to half way!

Seeing that today only marks the end of the first week, I'm feeling very hopeful that this is going to happen.

What's been most surprising is that instead of a lot of people saying, yes, $30 for a book and an e-book download, there are a small number of people saying, here's a few hundred bucks and I don't really need anything in exchange.

I thought it would be just the opposite! When I imagined doing this project, the main thing I was sure of was that in my extended network there would be at least 400 people with $30 worth of interest . . . so far, that hasn't been how it's played out at all. But I still think it would be best, because if I get to produce this, I don't want to make 50 copies. I want to make a thousand. Or twenty thousand.

It's a story worth telling, and worth spreading around. The money isn't a donation . . . it's an advance payment in exchange for something in return, along with a little "kick" to get the thing started.

Thanks to all of you who care about this and tell people who might want to know.

k

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-walk-the-book

Comment

Bump Bump......Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Comment

Sixteen days to go

and more than half the funding is there.

What makes me happiest is that in the last few days, a dozen new $30 backers have stepped up to kick in a little and pre-order their copies.

Thanks, everybody. We're going to make this happen.

Here's the link. If you have an amazon account, it's 30 seconds and 4 clicks and done.

Comment

Originally posted by kate View Post
                      and more than half the funding is there.

[ATTACH]47744[/ATTACH]

What makes me happiest is that in the last few days, a dozen new $30 backers have stepped up to kick in a little and pre-order their copies.

Thanks, everybody. We're going to make this happen.

Here's the link. If you have an amazon account, it's 30 seconds and 4 clicks and done.
                      Kate,

do you have a plan B in case we just get close to the amount needed?
                      I mean if let's say the last day you miss 1500$ would you consider having a sponsor and put his name on the book?
                      Or maybe someone could be willing to cover the amount that is missing?

One of the problems I see is that for many people might be difficult to imagine the positive effect that your book may have in feeding the cure effort to possibly create a criticl mass of people and actions to make a cure happen faster.

Paolo
                      In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                        Kate,

do you have a plan B in case we just get close to the amount needed?
                        Yes! But I think we can do it.

One of the problems I see is that for many people might be difficult to imagine the positive effect that your book may have in feeding the cure effort to possibly create a criticl mass of people and actions to make a cure happen faster.
                        I know that's a problem . . . but it's a bit of a chicken and egg thing. Part of the story I want to tell is how people who come to w2w have been juiced into taking the possibility of a cure seriously and choosing to be part of the pressure to make that happen. That has happened over and over again, and it's definitely one of the reasons Jerry Silver (who is a backer of the project ) has said that our conference is the most important one in the country.

Here's where we stand at this moment.

I know that 20 people from this website have kicked in some dough -- and just to be clear, this isn't charity. It's basically pre-ordering a book or two plus a little bit to cover the costs of writing it. Not a bad deal, considering that this is one of the ways our story is going to be in the hands of people who need to hear it and people who want to be part of the solution.

Come on, y'all! And tell your friends. This is going to happen.

Comment

Just wanted to say thank you so much to the four of you who went from this thread to kick in some dough in the last 24 hours.

This is definitely going to happen.

Comment

Almost there

$445 left to find, which means we're totally going to do this. Woot! THANK YOU.

Comment

Kate:
                              I added an appeal to my blog. I hope it helped.
                              Also, when I tried to add my money from my blackberry, it was impossible to do. I wonder if other smartphone users (android and iPhone) had this problem. You'll get my support as soon as I remember when I'm at my computer. I should read my own blog
                              Dennis Tesolat
                              www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
                              Martin Luther King

Comment

Originally posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
                                Kate:
                                I added an appeal to my blog. I hope it helped.
                                Also, when I tried to add my money from my blackberry, it was impossible to do. I wonder if other smartphone users (android and iPhone) had this problem. You'll get my support as soon as I remember when I'm at my computer. I should read my own blog
                                Get an HTC.

Paolo
                                In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X