Working 2 Walk: The Book

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishing you luck in your endeavor!!!!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Comment

Full support for both talent and mission here. I veer between visualizing the book hidden in the recesses of a rehab library and it proudly annoying the "SCI doctors" that scoff its reason for being, you know, a BOOK.
      Blog:
      Does This Wheelchair Make My Ass Look Fat?

Comment

I'm in. Thanks Kate for your vision and commitment.

Comment

I was in denial because I was asking about how to get fixed in 1992! All but a former Army nurse among my care team were great. My doc, who also was a PPS sufferer, and the PT and OT types were very anti-cure thinking. They weren't even into getting me to wear we were working on dressing in normal clothes. Any mentioning of the ridiculous 'god will fix me' theory rebuttals got me kicked out of group therapy. I mean why would you need fixed if god didn't let you get hurt or allowed it? How about which doctors/researchers had that fix it juju instead?

Love the concept and still wondering where my send book will go.
          Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

LOL Sue. I'm torn betweenn the ppl that NEED the book vs. the ppl that would WANT such a thing.

Ppl that WANT it will find it...if we can get the ppl that NEED it to comprehend.

My dr's at TIRR would have trashed it. My PT was good at his job but too opposed to that whole "false hope" conundrum.

My OT introduced me to CC, via a fellow patient, a teenager that talked about how to work the old PC. Showed me to lay a mouse on its side; real basic and really useful stuff. Man I loved that kid. That talk was far more useful than the ones about "I stood up and prayed", I'll grant you that. Rafferty covered all the bases. He's getting a book from Kate!

Does anyone know if TIRR and other rehabs still have libraries? Has digital really taken over the world? I loved the library in rehab, but I love them all.
            Blog:

Comment

So Beth . . . what color would you like the sidebars with quotes from you to be?

Comment

LOL, I get sidebars? YAYYY! And thank you! Is it safe to assume the general theme is red, white and black? Have rarely seen it in print, but white on black would be catchy, no?

I'm ALMOST FAMOUS!
                Blog:

Comment

Originally posted by betheny View Post
                  LOL, I get sidebars? YAYYY! And thank you! Is it safe to assume the general theme is red, white and black? Have rarely seen it in print, but white on black would be catchy, no?

I'm ALMOST FAMOUS!
                  Girl, OF COURSE you get sidebars. You're pithy, snarky, and catchy -- not to mention a founding member of u2fp. The book idea is of course inspired, informed, and made possible by u2fp's magnificent achievements, but . . . it's not theirs. I'm doing it however I think is best, which is to say the color & design & sidebar collection are all in my hands. You're SO in.

Comment

NRH in 1992 had 2 voc rehab types who didn't know how to even turn on the PCs they had. My last computer had been the size of a house so my entire time with them was how to fit forearm supports to the desk holding one. Only library was in the rec rehab area with the games and plants. I did like some of the books in my shrink's office bookshelves but he wouldn't share.
                    Yea, torn between who would want it to who would need it. I'm thinking the acute hospital's PTs who got me to a tilt table as fast as they could would love it. If US PT and OT schools are still teaching the deal with it model then I'm going to actually learn real German and go there after a cure is found. They judge discharge on need not insurance reimbursement.

LOL Sue. I'm torn betweenn the ppl that NEED the book vs. the ppl that would WANT such a thing.

Ppl that WANT it will find it...if we can get the ppl that NEED it to comprehend.

My dr's at TIRR would have trashed it. My PT was good at his job but too opposed to that whole "false hope" conundrum.

My OT introduced me to CC, via a fellow patient, a teenager that talked about how to work the old PC. Showed me to lay a mouse on its side; real basic and really useful stuff. Man I loved that kid. That talk was far more useful than the ones about "I stood up and prayed", I'll grant you that. Rafferty covered all the bases. He's getting a book from Kate!

Does anyone know if TIRR and other rehabs still have libraries? Has digital really taken over the world? I loved the library in rehab, but I love them all.
                    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

I know Shepherd Center has a dedicated and staffed library with books, videos and yes even computers and fax machines for staff, family and patients.

Comment

Yikes, a slow-ish day at kickstarter . . . don't hold back, friends, you're giving me a heart attack here.

Comment

Originally posted by kate View Post
                          Yikes, a slow-ish day at kickstarter . . . don't hold back, friends, you're giving me a heart attack here.

You just got another backer

Paolo
                          In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                            You just got another backer

Paolo
                            Thank you, sir! 37% of the way there . . .

Comment

You are now an official backer of Working 2 Walk: The Book. Time to tell the world about it!

Comment

Originally posted by c473s View Post
                                You are now an official backer of Working 2 Walk: The Book. Time to tell the world about it!
                                Thank you! As of this moment, $4,875 of support, which is 42% of the goal reached after just 5 days. Sixteen of 31 backers are from CC! Go, us.

Comment

Working...
                                X