Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miami Project announcement, 10 AM Today (Tuesday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miami Project announcement, 10 AM Today (Tuesday)

Log on to watch live-

http://www.themiamiproject.org/annou...0-58972216ea90

They're putting in a jacuzzi!

(sorry)

I'd like to welcome...my barber, my first baby sitter...

Schwann cells.
    Last edited by NoDecafPlz; 31 Jul 2012, 10:11 AM.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

FDA approved Phase I Safety Trial of Schwann Cell transplants in 8 sub-acute patients.

Comment

Good News! But nothing to cause any SCI to start shopping for running shoes. Nor any reason to check the news every morning.
        Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

When is it suppose to start?

Comment

about 5 years lol.

Good News ! it was about time
            keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnie Walker View Post
              about 5 years lol.

Good News ! it was about time

That sounds about right. The bad thing is the one's that are going to make the choice to be in the trial dont even know it yeat. There in for a rude awakening.

Comment

They are starting human clinical trials, a big step.

Comment

Wow, I'm surprised. I thought they were already in Phase I trials. I looked back at their website and found the following:

The Clinical Trials Initiative is The Miami Project’s efforts to carefully take new discoveries from the laboratory to clinical trials. The Clinical Trials Initiative was started in 2004 and is aimed at creating the infrastructure needed to gain approval for and to conduct clinical trials at the University of Miami affiliated hospitals.

8 years and god knows how much money to get into phase I trials with 8 sub-acute patients. I think there is a lack of urgency there. Everybody's getting paid every week and are content with status quo.

I mean, I know UM is doing good work, but I'm thinking few if any of the researchers there expect to see a cure in their lifetime.

Thank God, we have Dr. Young! He's crazy enough to try to "cure" us in our lifetimes. Even better, he's working closely with people in China who agree with him.
                  Last edited by khmorgan; 31 Jul 2012, 12:05 PM.

Comment

I agree Jim ! and for this kind of guys (MP) too start clinical trials, they must be very sure of their case
                    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

China scinet research will probably lap them several times over.
                      And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Man I hate to be so negative but I heard from a reliable source 5 years ago that this therapy won't work. I think MP felt pressured to get "Something" into trials as others have done so in less time and with less money...Hope I'm wrong

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
                          China scinet research will probably lap them several times over.
                          Wise and his team will have results from this Phase III study completed well before MP or StemCells Inc. even finishes Phase I, and likely well before CDRF, RIRC, or anyone else even applies to the FDA with anything for chronic SCI.

I think that if the ChinaSCINet trial results show the trend for efficacy that Wise suggests, there will be a lot of hand-wringing and rending of garments at some of these big SCI organizations. At least I hope so, because it will be well-deserved.

Up until today, the big trial idea from MP was "let's put ice on it."

Comment

26 years and a gazillion of dollars raised, to "*start*" a clinical trial... on acutes... with a one bullet therapy... okay jose!
                            Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

A scant two-and-a-half decades after the Miami Project was started by an NFL hall of famer in a country that worships football. Please ponder the implications of that before e-pissing on Wise, you dimbulbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X