No announcement yet.

How To Enroll In Wise Young's Trials

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would be overwhelmed to regain blatter & bowel function in any of these trials. I understand intense rehab for walking, but what would be needed to concentrate only on bowel & blatter? Also why not just target that category for now? Just wondering.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMonte View Post
      but what would be needed to concentrate only on bowel & blatter? Also why not just target that category for now? Just wondering.
      so if we can only have either walking or bowel and bladder, who gets to decide what and why? i for one would rather walk normally again over bowel and bladder return.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyerly View Post
        You are still including as low as T11 as far as I remember?
        Yes, in our current trials, this is so. Wise.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMonte
          I would be overwhelmed to regain blatter & bowel function in any of these trials. I understand intense rehab for walking, but what would be needed to concentrate only on bowel & blatter? Also why not just target that category for now? Just wondering.
          Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
          so if we can only have either walking or bowel and bladder, who gets to decide what and why? i for one would rather walk normally again over bowel and bladder return.
          JoeMonte and Barrington,

Please, this is silly. It is not a matter of our choice what people recover. The treatment may restore walking or bowel/bladder function, or both. However, we must choose a primary outcome measure for the trial. We happen to choose walking because we know that most people who are incomplete will recover walking.

Wise.
          Last edited by Wise Young; 29 Jun 2012, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jody View Post
            I have been wondering what individual costs would be to get into trials.
            for those of us who work, the only cost will be our time away. bills gotta get paid.
            T5/6, ASIA A, injured 30 Nov 08
            Future SCI Alumnus.
            I don't want to dance in the rain, I want to soar above the storm.

Comment

Working...
            X