No announcement yet.

THE TIME HAS COME!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arnie, I am going to fax a couple of questions this afternoon.

It does concern me that he won't come to these forums and answer questions. And he better have a better reason than not being " Net savvy " for not answering questions directly here. I'm not sure I want any doctor performing any surgery, who can't use a computer. Sounds like all of his skills may be that far behind the times.

Comment

Don't flatter yourself Arnie. Just answer the questions.

Are you sure you and Meeker aren't telemarketers reading from a script?

Btw, I'm on the do not call list.

Comment

Chris, I'm with ya...

You and I have butted heads in the past, Chris, but on this issue, I couldn't agree more; very well-said and honest. Nothing in your posts to get offended at.

Rhetorically, I, too, must ask, Why the repeated postings from evangelicals meeker and Arnie? One can only assume a sales pitch. Why? Somebody's got a vested interest somewhere. And yes, this IS yesterday's news.

Thanks for your directness, Chris. Clarity is all any of us are asking, and if you can't be clear, you'll likely get hammered. Appropriately so.

vgrafen
        vgrafen

My book, 'Scouring the globe for a cure: a disabled man's experiences with stem cell treatment' is available at Booklocker at the following address:

www.booklocker.com/books/2857.html

A percentage of every sale goes to CareCure.

Comment

Originally posted by Arnie:

Chris. I hope you find what your looking for.

God Bless

Arnie Fonseca

602-390-9144

ps. Give me a call if you need to talk!
          Arrrrrnie! I've been observing the exchange between yourself and others in this forum with passing interest for the past couple of days. All in all you were fairing pretty well. And then you spit out this peice of condescending dribble.

In a word? Stupid. I live in the Phoenix area and was actually thinking about looking you up.. Right now I have second thoughts. You should know this already but in the event you don't...here's my rant.

Don't you ever...and I mean ever...throw up to anyone with a disability that disagrees with your point of view...or who criticizes you...the "I hope you find what you are looking for" card ...or the "I'm here for ya buddy" card.

First, they're pretty up front with what they want (valid scientifically supported therapuetic methods). You cannot deliver this at this time and Dr. Goldsmith admits this point in his response to Dr. Young. He needs access to people and money for clinical trials...nobody's against that. But your responses certainly aren't engendering much support. Perhaps a less defensive tact might be appropriate.

Second, from what I've seen the people on this site that you are offering your "listening" services to, seem to already be well supported by friends and family and are living pretty well rounded lives. If Chris wanted someone to talk to I presume it would be either his wife or good friends...or other peers on this board...not you. To presume that he might need you to talk to is the height of condescension...and my guess is that you well know it...which only makes your illusory offer all that more offensive.

I actually WAS interested in checking out your therapy program. Not Now. I'm looking for a well rounded exercise program to increase my energy and be ready when a cure does arrive...however I'm not interested in working with anyone who has a traditional "rehab" mentality, and that only they have the answers...and that those answers are not to be questioned.

Your inability to stay on the intellectual high road saddens me. Reasonable minds can agree to disagree.

Hopefully your response was an aberration

[This message was edited by larwatson on Aug 06, 2002 at 06:24 PM.]
          What we do in life echoes in eternity. Maximus - Gladiator

Comment

I dont understand

How exactly is this getting me out of this f---n chair? Can we talk about what omentum is actually doing; its faults and advantages. What about using it along with other tharapies? Is the doc willing to do that? If so what sort of things is he willing and capable of doing? Has anyone recieved omentum? How is the Phoenix one better than Kao? Can this be used with OEG or schann cells or both? Where do the Schann cells come from? Do they come from omentum? I dont give a rats ass about whos feeling get hurt, I just want solutions. Isnt that what we are here for? ? Time is a tickin just think of all the things we have missed doing today! focus focus focus
            "No mother on either side could say that whatever was won was worth my son"--Steve Mason

Comment

Larwatson, Vgraf thank you.

Onward and Upward!

Comment

The time has come!

Chastev, Carl R. and others

I agree and that is why I suggest that you call or fax Dr. Goldsmith with your questions and concerns. Be honest and upfront. Then please post what you find out. I believe the forum could be enhanced by some originality instead of constant misinformation and opinion.

Trying to help.

Arnie Fonseca
                602-390-9144

Comment

'' go to the source''

Arnie , when i asked you about Dr. Goldsmith you delivered a little homily about going to the source . you keep on pushing for people to ring or fax the good doctor and then to post what they find out ! how about if Dr. Goldsmith goes directly to the source and posts on here ? why is Dr. Goldsmith so reluctant to post on here ? not being ''net savvy'' won't wash ! i am a complete computer idiot [when i got this pile of thingamegigs late last year the technician who installed it had to show me how to turn it on] and i can do enough to follow this forum . i don't know if i am ''neurologically challenged'' [i hate being made conform to political correctness] but as someone who is crippled from sci this is an easier medium to use than having to juggle a phone and pen and paper! i would hope the man who is clever enough to deliver us from ''sci hell'' would have enough brains to find his way round this relatively simple site . don't bother with giving me the ''god bless'' bit , i want medical guidance not spirital intervention !
                  thank you . Dogger

[This message was edited by dogger on Aug 06, 2002 at 10:00 PM.]
                  Every day I wake up is a good one .

Comment

Interesting reading on this thread. I vaguely remember this whole thing from years ago at Boston University I believe. But if this seriously did work on completely transected cats (and I've seen transected cats walk on moving treadmills and then fall over when the thing stopped)why not raise the money for a small trial yourself, Arnie? In the US it would take the approval of an IRB for the surgery to be done in a hospital here but with animal safety background this should be a reasonable request. As far as raising funds, the CRPF funds their own consortium laboratories. And the mans' name is REEVE! But there are other sources of funds and of course you can always do fundraisers in conjunction with local service clubs.

Do we have any forum members who have complete transections due to gun shot wounds or knifings? Would you volunteer for this and why or why not?
                    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Comment

The time has come!

Actually Sue the original post on this thread was presented by Dr. Harry Goldsmith. Your knowledge of the SCI research process sounds great. Also I believe Mr. Reeve has sought out knowlege of Omentum Transposition performed by Dr. Goldsmith. He even requested that a young lady from Germany, whose name is Andrea Zobel write him on her experience with this procedure. Andrea personally wrote two, four page letters to Mr. Reeve, the first was lost, she was told. She has yet to hear a response back from Mr. Reeve. This was in 1998. Maybe Dr. Young can shed some light on this situation. Or possibly you could contact Dr. Goldsmith with your thoughtful suggestions.

Thanks

Arnie Fonseca

Comment

Not taking sides here, but....

Sue, is this what you are reffering to? As this is new to me, I find this thread very interesting. I wonder if these two doctors were guilty of not following procedueres established by Dr. Goldsmith. If not, does anyone know what "procedures established in the research protocols" they are refferring to?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: CONTACT FOR COMMENTS:
                        April 11,2001 Nancy Achin Sullivan
                        Executive Director
                        617-727-3086

STATE BOARD OF MEDICINE TAKES DISCIPLINARY ACTION

BOSTON-The state Board of Registration in Medicine took disciplinary action yesterday on the licenses of two physicians: Dr. Edward L. Spatz and Dr. Joe I. Ordia.

The Board voted to approve Consent Orders with both Dr. Edward L. Spatz and Dr. Joe I. Ordia. The Board found that Dr. Spatz and Dr. Ordia, both board certified neurosurgeons, engaged in misconduct in the practice of medicine, in their roles as principal investigators for experimental omental transposition surgery performed at Boston University Medical Center between 1992 and 1993, and
                        for their failure to follow the procedure established in the research protocols. Omental transposition surgery was designed to move part of the omentum, a large apron of specialized tissue, to repair damaged spinal cords. The costly, experimental operations had no documented benefit for patients and little or no scientifically useful information was obtained. In addition, the Board found that there was no appropriate follow-up of the urgical patients.

The Board fined Dr. Spatz and Dr. Ordia $10,000.00 each for this conduct. Both physicians are also required to perform fifty (50) hours of community service within one year, and complete twenty (20) hours of continuing medical educational credits in the area of clinical research and informed consent ( in addition to that which is required for renewal of their medical license). Dr. Spatz is a 1951 graduate of the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, and maintains privileges at Boston University Medical Center and the Boston VA Hospital. Dr. Spatz also maintains a private practice in neurosurgery in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr, Ordia is a graduate of the University of Ibadan Medical School, and maintains privleges at Malden Hospital, Boston University Medical Center and the Boston VA Hospital. Dr. Ordia is also licensed to practice medicine in the states of California, New York and the District of Columbia.

The Massachusetts Board of Registration in Medicine licenses more than 30,000 physicians, osteopaths and accupuncturists. The Board was created to protect the public health and safety by setting standards for the practice of medicine and ensuring that doctors who practice in the Commonwealth are appropriately qualified and competent. The Board investigates complaints, holds hearings, and determines sanctions.

Comment

This answers my questions. www.medicalaw.net/new_page_6.htm

Scroll down to bottom of the page.

Comment

I believe the woman involved

in the Boston case who was posing as a therapist for the rehab fees was Barbara Devine as I remember. Seems like kind of conflicting stories though, one article stated the Operation did nothing and the other one states that the patiants saw improvements.

As I stated before, I am still hopeful that maybe Omentum Transposition can be combined with OEG's and create regeneration. I think combination therapies will be the key.

"Life is about how you
                            respond to not only the
                            challenges you're dealt but
                            the challenges you seek...If
                            you have no goals, no
                            mountains to climb, your
                            soul dies".~Liz Fordred
                            "Life is about how you
                            respond to not only the
                            challenges you're dealt but
                            the challenges you seek...If
                            you have no goals, no
                            mountains to climb, your
                            soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Let's have this thread go the way of the dinosaurs, shall we? Meeker, Arnie, thanks but no thanks. No credibility, no sale. Bigger fish to fry.

vgrafen
                              vgrafen

My book, 'Scouring the globe for a cure: a disabled man's experiences with stem cell treatment' is available at Booklocker at the following address:

www.booklocker.com/books/2857.html

A percentage of every sale goes to CareCure.

Comment

I agree with Vgafen. Hey Meeker and Arnie did you ever think about starting the Dr. Goldsmith fan club. Your off to a good start!

Comment

Working...
                                X