Why dont people seem excited about invivo therapeutics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why dont people seem excited about invivo therapeutics

Not saying that I am but im wondering why there doesnt seem to be much chatter? do people not believe in there work. i saw a video where they stated they've done primate tests. anyone hear about those results?

Eric.S, it's here: (/forum/showthread.php?p=1532819#post1532819)

Comment

Originally posted by Eric.S View Post
      Not saying that I am but im wondering why there doesnt seem to be much chatter? do people not believe in there work. i saw a video where they stated they've done primate tests. anyone hear about those results?
      On a scale of 1 - 10(10 being most excited) i'm at a 5. If it wasnt for Dr. Robert Langer I would be at a 3. Reynolds recovery story is the stuff of slick oil salesmen. He suffers a SCI, reads lots of books and cures himself??????? I guess I dont want it bad enough or i'm reading the wrong books. Oh and the cash grab he made when InVivo went public is another worry for me. Dr. Langer is a very respected and intelligent man in the science and tech industry with a long history of making good technologies happen.
      "I'm manic as hell-
      But I'm goin' strong-
      Left my meds on the sink again-
      My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Comment

Yeah, Ive always wondered why they catch so much crap around here as well. I posted a thread a while ago about theyre FDA approval and immediately got dubbed an "investor" and people scoffed at the upcoming trial.

A big part of it is that theyre focused on acutes right now with their scaffolding, I think. Even though theyve also done studies on the scaffolding combined with autologus hNSCs in chronics and have plans to use their clinical in acutes as a bridge to chronic treatment. I think we're all sick of acute studies/clinics and ready for people to focus on chronics.

I also never understood the Reynolds hate, but it's pretty wide spread so there's obviously some merit behind it I never read the books cured me crap, but when I was reading up on him and the company I came away with the impression that he had a very low lvl injury and basically sat on his ass for a few years and finally got the motivation to do therapy and spontaneosly recovered.

Bottom line is he's a business guy and InVivo is a publicly traded company so people don't trust their motives, understandably. Im real excited about them though because despite all the talk and studies going on in rats, these guys are actually getting stuff going in humans, albiet in acute sci. Yeah, it isn't a clinical trial for chronic sci but it sure as hell is a step in the right direction.

Were the ape studies done on chronic or acute? It's been a while, I can't really remember. Paolo probably knows, he's much more versed than I am and has gotten some responses from InVivo on their facebook page if I remember correctly.

Comment

i actually read the above linked post before but i haven't read about this 'reading to a cure'? is that one of there claims? if they go public and there results suck there stock will plummet like a rock so going public is no sign of a cash grab unless there was massive insider selling the minute they went public.

after the fall of geron what else do we really have? is science reaching the point where we're giving up on sci? will they just cure rats for the next century?

Comment

after the fall of geron what else do we really have? is science reaching the point where we're giving up on sci? will they just cure rats for the next century?
            Wise Young had said earlier today in a live webcast that they had a couple patients in the higher dosage group up and walking. so thats where my hope is.

Comment

i actually read the above linked post before but i haven't read about this 'reading to a cure'? is that one of there claims? if they go public and there results suck there stock will plummet like a rock so going public is no sign of a cash grab unless there was massive insider selling the minute they went public.

Watch this video where he talks about basically finding a way to cure himself, link below.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtPwGZ4y428

As far as his salary, well the company had barely gone public when he gave himself a very generous salary way before producing any kind of trial or treatment. They still dont have any trials much less a product to sell.

https://www.massdevice.com/news/invi...pay-raise-2011

I'm an investor in Invivo by the way. I'm long on this stock, not expecting anything soon.
              "I'm manic as hell-
              But I'm goin' strong-
              Left my meds on the sink again-
              My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Comment

My personal opinion is that Invivo Therapeutics have no intention of moving to chronic studies. It's all talk to keep you guys interested. They will take their technology to trial in an acute setting as a neuroprotective strategy and if successful they will then offer their technology to SCI research bodies and licensees (other biotechs) whilst looking for other ways to diversify their market share.

It will then be up to these research bodies and licensees to take the financial hit of a chronic clinical trial. Considering an acute trial in the US will take many many years I dont hold much hope for Invivo offering a therapy to the chronic community anytime within this decade. Happy to be proved wrong though!

Comment

Originally posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
                  My personal opinion is that Invivo Therapeutics have no intention of moving to chronic studies. It's all talk to keep you guys interested. They will take their technology to trial in an acute setting as a neuroprotective strategy and if successful they will then offer their technology to SCI research bodies and licensees (other biotechs) whilst looking for other ways to diversify their market share.

It will then be up to these research bodies and licensees to take the financial hit of a chronic clinical trial. Considering an acute trial in the US will take many many years I dont hold much hope for Invivo offering a therapy to the chronic community anytime within this decade. Happy to be proved wrong though!
                  Last edited by StemCells&AtomBombs; 2 Jun 2012, 9:39 AM.
                  Dennis Tesolat
                  www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
                  Martin Luther King

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
                    Wise Young had said earlier today in a live webcast that they had a couple patients in the higher dosage group up and walking. so thats where my hope is.
                    Where can we watch this? Incompletes?

Comment

Originally posted by boda View Post
                      Where can we watch this? Incompletes?
                      https://www.carecure.net/forum/showp...&postcount=727

Comment

InVivo Therapeutics Expects to Commence Human Study after
                        Meeting on IDE Filing for Biopolymer Scaffolding to Treat Spinal Cord
                        Injuries

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (April 13, 2012) – InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp.
                        (OTC/BB: NVIV), a developer of groundbreaking technologies for the treatment of
                        spinal cord injuries (SCI), announced today that it held a meeting with the U.S. Food
                        and Drug Administration (“FDA”) in which they discussed the Investigational Device
                        Exemption (“IDE”) application previously filed by InVivo for its biopolymer scaffolding to
                        treat acute spinal cord injuries.
                        Following the meeting, the Company is expecting the biopolymer scaffolding device to
                        be regulated under the Humanitarian Use Device/Humanitarian Device Exemption
                        (HUD/HDE) pathway. Before human clinical studies can commence, the FDA must
                        approve the Company’s IDE filing, for which the FDA has agreed to an open dialogue
                        as part of the final process toward gaining approval. During the FDA meeting, the
                        Company addressed several points in the FDA’s feedback including the proposed
                        design and clinical protocol for the study.
                        “This is a significant step for all patients waiting for first in-man data using biomaterials
                        for spinal cord injuries,” said Frank Reynolds, InVivo’s Chief Executive Officer. “We are
                        pleased that our core team of multidisciplinary scientists, led by my partner, Bob
                        Langer, has had the opportunity to meet with the FDA to discuss our platform
                        technology. We are encouraged by the communication we have had with the FDA to
                        this point, and pending approval of the IDE, we expect the clinical trial for our treatment
                        of acute spinal cord injuries to commence during the second half of 2012.”
                        Later in 2012, the Company plans to submit hydrogel-based applications to the FDA for
                        the treatments of SCI and chronic pain. As the industry of cell-based therapies
                        advances, InVivo also intends to leverage the Company’s acute SCI treatments to
                        expand to chronically injured patients. InVivo has pioneered a new treatment that uses
                        a biocompatible polymer-based scaffolding to provide structural support to a damaged
                        spinal cord in order to spare tissue from scarring while improving recovering and
                        prognosis after a traumatic SCI. Today, there is no effective treatment for the spinal
                        cord for paralysis caused by SCIs, and the market potential for acute SCI is estimated
                        to be over $10 billion.
                        About InVivo Therapeutics
                        InVivo Therapeutics Holdings Corp. is focused on utilizing polymers as a platform
                        technology to develop treatments to improve function in individuals paralyzed as a result
                        of traumatic spinal cord injury. The Company was founded in 2005 on the basis of
                        C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

Comment

Originally posted by MarcT View Post
                          Were the ape studies done on chronic or acute? It's been a while, I can't really remember. Paolo probably knows, he's much more versed than I am and has gotten some responses from InVivo on their facebook page if I remember correctly.
                          Marc,

at W2W 2011 the medical director of Invivo Dr. Slokim gave a presentation that was just about acute SCI, so I said I was very disapponted as I was hoping he would have had something to present about chronic SCI since the audience had just people with chronic SCI... he was a little embarassed and then said they had few animals with SCI and they were waiting for them to get to the chronic stage to do chronic studies.
                          Clearly he was lying, otherwise he would have mention that in the presentation.
                          The point is that these people think we are all stupid ships who don't have the brain & the balls to ask questions, so they think they can sell us any kind of stinky BS.

About FB if you go to their page https://www.facebook.com/invivotherapeutics look at the comments of their post on april 13. I asked them about chronics and they said by the end of the year they will have something ready to apply for an IND to the FDA. I don't believe it, but in a few months we'll find out if it is true.

IMO InVivo will run out of money before they can finish the trial on acute as to do a trial on acute you need to recute a huge number of patient to prove efficacy wich takes also long time and lots of $.
                          Just look at Geron how long did they take to recrut just 5 people??

Then consider Mr. Raynolds said that the plan of the company is to put on the market the therapy for acute and then use the profit to develop a therapy for chronix...

C'mon we know that's not going to work out..

Paolo
                          In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                            Marc,

at W2W 2011 the medical director of Invivo Dr. Slokim gave a presentation that was just about acute SCI, so I said I was very disapponted as I was hoping he would have had something to present about chronic SCI since the audience had just people with chronic SCI... he was a little embarassed and then said they had few animals with SCI and they were waiting for them to get to the chronic stage to do chronic studies.
                            Clearly he was lying, otherwise he would have mention that in the presentation.
                            The point is that these people think we are all stupid ships who don't have the brain & the balls to ask questions, so they think they can sell us any kind of stinky BS.

About FB if you go to their page https://www.facebook.com/invivotherapeutics look at the comments of their post on april 13. I asked them about chronics and they said by the end of the year they will have something ready to apply for an IND to the FDA. I don't believe it, but in a few months we'll find out if it is true.

IMO InVivo will run out of money before they can finish the trial on acute as to do a trial on acute you need to recute a huge number of patient to prove efficacy wich takes also long time and lots of $.
                            Just look at Geron how long did they take to recrut just 5 people??

Then consider Mr. Raynolds said that the plan of the company is to put on the market the therapy for acute and then use the profit to develop a therapy for chronix...

C'mon we know that's not going to work out..

Paolo
                            Dennis Tesolat
                            www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
                            Martin Luther King

Comment

Books?

I am pretty sure Mr. Renyolds read lots of books to figure out a way to help himself and others with SCIs. He was a one in a million kinda guy buy getting feeling back for no particular reason. I'm glad he is doing something because he didn't have to do anything.

Comment

Working...
                              X