InVivo - moving forward to clinicals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
    That's exactly part of the problem. is they went to work directly on acute injuries
    And why would they do that? There is a very obvious reason why.

Comment

Originally posted by MarcT View Post
      I bought a goodly amount of stock in this company recently and thought Id share.
      I wish I had a dime for every thread posted from investors.
      http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz19 View Post
        In my honest opinion, I don't think they're going to forget about us at all. Just a few weeks ago, they were the platinum sponsor the Massachusetts chapter of the spinal cord injury Association gala event. Frank Reynolds and Ed Wirth attended and could not be more supportive/friendly/willing to take questions from our chronic population. Like everything we need to stay cautiously optimistic.
        Did they, friendly, mention what they are really doing to treat chronic SCI?
        Any functional recovery reported on animals with chronic SCI?

Let me guess.... no, correct?

Why did they focus on acute first when they go around talking to people with chronic SCI?

Paolo
        In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by NowhereMan View Post
          And why would they do that? There is a very obvious reason why.
          Maybe I'm dense.
          Why?
          Dennis Tesolat
          www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
          Martin Luther King

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
            I wish I had a dime for every thread posted from investors.

Yes, I am simply an investor. Ignore the fact that I am a c7 quad who invested in a company who has lofty, yet realistic goals to someday make me walk again and you're right - I am just an investor.

Im sure someone far more intelligent and well-versed on the subject can explain why most (if not all...) clinical trials are and will be focused on acute spinal cord injury initially. In the mean time, InVivo has already done research and has plans to move on to address chronic sci. http://www.invivotherapeutics.com/our-research/

It really is sad how much negativity there is on most any sci-related forums, but these especially. Sure, be skeptical, but dont be so pessimistic about everything. Unsure how you guys live without hope - its what keeps me going.

Comment

Yes, I am simply an investor. Ignore the fact that I am a c7 quad who invested in a company who has lofty, yet realistic goals to someday make me walk again and you're right - I am just an investor.

Im sure someone far more intelligent and well-versed on the subject can explain why most (if not all...) clinical trials are and will be focused on acute spinal cord injury initially. In the mean time, InVivo has already done research and has plans to move on to address chronic sci. http://www.invivotherapeutics.com/our-research/

It really is sad how much negativity there is on most any sci-related forums, but these especially. Sure, be skeptical, but dont be so pessimistic about everything. Unsure how you guys live without hope - its what keeps me going.
              Quashing hope is not the goal of anyone on this thread. In fact everyone that I know on this thread is a great proponent if cure. The point is that there is no sense talking to chronics about acute injuries. Of course, as human beings, we all want things to improve with everyone, but once we're on CC we're chronics and of course we want things to move forward for our own conditions.

There are those who will tell you that cure is impossible, that it's better to hunker down and get used to it, and tell you to take up wheel chair parachuting, but from those that I see on this thread, no one is saying give up hope. We're just criticising what we see as very weak attempts to cure paralysis.
              Dennis Tesolat

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
              Martin Luther King

Comment

Ignore the fact that I am a c7 quad who invested in a company.
                If you type InVivo in the search box, you'll see there are 10 full pages of links to threads about the InVivo technology. I did not mean to ignore the fact that you are a c7 quad. I am sorry you have a spinal cord injury.

Comment

..... InVivo has already done research and has plans to move on to address chronic sci. http://www.invivotherapeutics.com/our-research/

Marc,

InVivo has been saying since the beginning that they plan to address chronic SCI, but after several years they have not presented a single study on animals with chronic SCI.
                  You don't need to be an expert in SCI research to smell something wrong, IMO.

Paolo
                  In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Dennis, you couldn't put it any better. this forum is called cure. We know enough about what is going on, that a cure is possible. The fact that wise Young set this forum up has been a life saver for many of us. It also allows hope. Hope is for everyone if he/she wants to partake in it. It ain't easy. But things are possilbe and work is progressing. We need a breakthrough of something so we may get iinvloved with trials. then our discussions might progress to how we are doing with our trials. I honestly believed this would be the year. still hoping but don't know.

Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                      Did they, friendly, mention what they are really doing to treat chronic SCI?
                      Any functional recovery reported on animals with chronic SCI?

Let me guess.... no, correct?

Why did they focus on acute first when they go around talking to people with chronic SCI?

Paolo
                      I asked a variety of questions regarding the chronic injury. Chase and cells were briefly discussed, itways a social meeting. I don't have a complete answer, but I will ensure you when I visit the new lab this summer that will be my only focus. Maybe we can come up with a list of questions together...???

Comment

Originally posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
                        Maybe I'm dense.
                        Why?
                        Because if they did focus on curing SCI injury first, they would be out of business (probably never in business to begin with). Who would invest in a company that has no revenue and spends all of their money trying to cure what has been thus far an incurable injury? There would be no timeline when the company would create such a product and the company can become profitable.

The difficulty in curing acute and chronic sci are not equal. They are two separate issues. Chronic SCI seems to be much much harder. Protection seems to be a much more attainable goal than regeneration.

In 6 years or so they have refined a product that is about to start testing with the FDA and had shown excellent results in animal studies (so they say). That is pretty damn good if true. I'm not a big fan of Invivo, but you can't say they did things ass backwards.

People say, they should focus on chronic sci because it would be easier to do clinical trials with clearer results. What good are faster clinical trials if there are no feasible treatments to even test? The basic research just isn't there yet.

Comment

the description for the acutes:
                          A biocompatible polymer scaffolding device
                          to treat acute SCI

and for chronics:

A biocompatible polymer scaffolding device seeded with
                          autologous hNSCs to treat acute and chronic SCI

so im wondering if someone could buy their own cells and pay for the acute procedure to be done and the cells injected?

Comment

Originally posted by Barrington314mx View Post
                            the description for the acutes:
                            A biocompatible polymer scaffolding device
                            to treat acute SCI

and for chronics:

A biocompatible polymer scaffolding device seeded with
                            autologous hNSCs to treat acute and chronic SCI

so im wondering if someone could buy their own cells and pay for the acute procedure to be done and the cells injected?
                            You need to go to their site and look at the "device". One is an injectable gel and the other is solid. Acute vs. Chronic

Comment

Originally posted by Chaz19 View Post
                              Maybe we can come up with a list of questions together...???
                              Very good idea.
                              Dennis Tesolat

Martin Luther King

Comment

I think the reason they focus on Acute treatments first is that the research is less costly, it takes a lot of overhead ($$$) to care for Chronically Injured rats until their injuries are old enough to treat.

Also I think they are trying to develop products that can be sold to trauma centers and "Kept on the shelf" (inventoried) for future use. I think that's where the real money is. After all these are FOR profit businesses. I'm not saying that is right but it's the reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X