Name for group

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name for group

OK... Heres whats going on. Chastev8, and I will head this group up. Polett- will you do computer stuff? Jeff, would you be willing to help with writing medical stuff about the cure? Shacha- you said you were doing some phoning? Can you keep doing this for us? Does anyone want to help her? Financial stuff? Chris, can you help with this? Anyone else have special talents?

And, we need a name... please post your suggestions. Is everyone cool with the logo of a stick figure jumping out of chair?

Can anyone who want's to help email either me at emlaurie@shaw.ca or Chastev8 at chastev8@yahoo.com so that we can make a list with phone numbers etc.?

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible
    to find it elsewhere."
    --Agnes Repplier, writer and historian

Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Good one Max

SPINAL INJURY-IS NOT LIFE SENTENCE'

"It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible
    to find it elsewhere."
    --Agnes Repplier, writer and historian

Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

Comment

Medical stuff

I'll try to put some thought into this before I leave for NJ tomorrow. I'll try to think in terms of a pamplet to send out and also possible application to t-shirts. Maybe a few bullets of accomplishments over the last several years like Emi suggested. Another cool thing for a t-shirt would be bullets of promising cure technologies. Definitely be a conversation starter.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~
      ~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Comment

emi you should jump any new members in.

Comment

DA

Please translate for us English speakers.

~See you at the SCIWire-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~
          ~See you at the CareCure-used-to-be-paralyzed Reunion ~

Comment

T-shirt design idea

How about ...

a sketch of the spinal levels, like the one Dr. Young has posted, that goes from the top of the T-shirt to the bottom?

A line points to each level, identifying the function at that level and a phrase describing a common activity controlled at that level, such as "finger dexterity--typing, signing your name, holding hands."

Comment

name our group

Emi i will make the calls also any letter writing if any one has suggestions of who to write or call please e-mail them to me or post them here. i amstill working on that print ad thing i mentioned to you Emi. check your e-mali for phone # .this feels so good [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Suggetions

These are good ideas for the shirt/posters. But to be recognizable, I think we should focus on one logo that will be an icon that people can recognize. I think they would be more willing to give to something they recognize. Pepsi has its colors, Met Life has Snoopy, and the TV networks have their icons. People feel comfortable with them and understand there is some legitimacy when they see them; they don't feel like it is hokey and some fly by night people asking for money. We still can use all of the ideas in conjunction with the icon. One way is to put the icon in the upper left pocket area with the other designs in the middle with the certain text for that shirt, whatever that may be; about how what we go through, spinal levels, the gross stuff, the research, etc. etc. I called my local Tee company and the prices range from $9-$5 per shirt depending on how many is ordered. The price might even be lower if we ordered a large amount. A dozen with one color for text and logos starts at $8/shirt.

We still need to hear from Polett or ANYONE who is able to build a web page. Lets get this started.

My name suggestion; SCI Cure Project or Cure SCI Project or Project Cure
                "No mother on either side could say that whatever was won was worth my son"--Steve Mason

Comment

Im here!

Sorry I didnt get here sooner.
                  Yes, I'll do the site. I'll get on it and let you's know in a couple of days where to check it... I need (if possible) some faces.. pictures of Emi, Chatsev, Chris, and all other one directly involved. Have we comed up with colors? Ok, Emi and Chatsev I check e-mails every couple of hours so send me one if anything. polett75@msn.com

...It's the heart afraid of breaking,that never learns to dance... It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance... It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give, and the soul afraid of dyin'... That never learns to live...
                  Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

Comment

Name

Whats the domain going to be?

...It's the heart afraid of breaking,that never learns to dance... It's the dream afraid of waking that never takes the chance... It's the one who won't be taken, who cannot seem to give, and the soul afraid of dyin'... That never learns to live...
                    Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

Comment

jeff
                      jumped in....everyone beat up the new member.

Comment

I really liked Chris' idea of opening a care/cure account to deposit all the donations or money raised from sales of the items suggested in the "poster" thread. One question though, will funds from the account (if this is what everyone decides upon) go towards purchasing items to raise SCI awareness or will the funds collected go directly to research?

Comment

sneca

i think it would have to go for both unless we can find someone to donate the shirts.but we can really try to get the cost of the shirts down as low as we canthats where the begging comes in.

Comment

Site and Money

Polett, I don't know of a domain you can use. I hoped you would know some good ones, I guess I can look around to see if I find one. I'm not sure about the colors we should use but I would say something that is not abrasive and turns people away: a light background with clear font and color for the text. Right now I think we just need to get something up and we can develop as we go: lets just get something going for now. I will email you some pics today. Also I will go buy a camera so that I can snap the logo I have made, post it and see what everyone thinks. I will send you a copy of this too.

About the money Seneca, good question. I think now we just need to focus on raising money through notoriety. We can stash a small part of whatever we get now and increase it as we get more and more and more: maybe 5% to start then build it up as we surpass the first million dollar mark 8-) to 60-70% toward research. Remember if we put it into the right account the money will work for us there too. I would rather give a few thousand to research than say $800.
                            "No mother on either side could say that whatever was won was worth my son"--Steve Mason

Comment

how about

A PUSH TO WALK- STOP PARALYSIS NOW

Comment

Working...
                              X