X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They mention cure for AIDS, but not a cure for SCI

Watching this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n_ayBg2AMI

I was surprised that the Push Girls talk about making the impossible possible, going to the moon, ending AIDS etc... But they don't even mention ending paralysis... if they would the imapact could be significant, but here they likely will have an impact in the opposit direction.

If someone can talk to them it would be good to ask if they can use the visibilty they will get with the show to send a cure urgency message.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

How stupid is that.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

Crazy. Again, more media messages about the nice lives that we lead! I didn't know how great my life was until I saw this video. I guess I was wrong about this not being fun.
      Dennis Tesolat
      www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
      Martin Luther King

Comment

Here is all that the Reeve Foundation has to say about the Push Girls:

http://www.spinalcordinjury-paralysi...ing-ambassador

...."But here's a reality show featuring Reeve Foundation ambassador, Angela Rockwood (pictured 3rd from left,) that is way more than a good laugh. Premiering in April, the Sundance Channel will bring Push Girls to the airwaves."

And The New York Post they quote:

"The twist is that they are all the victims of car accidents or physical ailments that left them without the use of their beautiful legs."

IMO CDRF should have written to The New York Post to explain them that SCI is not just about being unable to use our legs.. but instead of doing that they even quoted such a misleading article.

Paolo

Comment

paolo, right on; when they have something significant to say, I will belive again. Same with Reeve Foundation.

anthony

Comment

1) AID's kills millions

2) Despite the billions spent on AID's research there is still no effective cure, only better drug cocktails to extend life.

3) This is a comparison between two conditions that can't really be compared.

4) Just sayin'

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
              1) AID's kills millions

2) Despite the billions spent on AID's research there is still no effective cure, only better drug cocktails to extend life.

4) Just sayin'
              Yes, sadly there are many more millions of people who have AIDS. Their unfortunate numbers, however, also means that they have many more opportunities and platforms to appeal for research funds and awareness. People with paralysis don't and so the Push Girls (which I have not yet seen) may be an opportunity squandered. Or worse, a platform to show that living with paralysis is not so bad, especially if you're a hot chick.
              stephen@bike-on.com

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                Watching this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n_ayBg2AMI

I was surprised that the Push Girls talk about making the impossible possible, going to the moon, ending AIDS etc... But they don't even mention ending paralysis... if they would the imapact could be significant, but here they likely will have an impact in the opposit direction.

If someone can talk to them it would be good to ask if they can use the visibilty they will get with the show to send a cure urgency message.

Paolo
                Now this would be a great opportunity to unleash your letter writing campaign members. I'm serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Van Quad View Post
                  Now this would be a great opportunity to unleash your letter writing campaign members. I'm serious.
                  Sure,

I am just trying a little nicer way at the moment.

Paolo

Comment

1) AID's kills millions

4) Just sayin'
                    See this post:

/forum/showpost.php?p=1490847&postcount=20

If you have time to read the whole "Back to the Basics" doc I am sure you will find it interesting.

Paolo

Comment

Hot+wheelchair=Cool... Ain't that a kick in the colostomy bag.

Originally posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
                      Crazy. Again, more media messages about the nice lives that we lead! I didn't know how great my life was until I saw this video. I guess I was wrong about this not being fun.
                      No surprise there.
                      There would be no show unless they were hopelessly paralyzed and hopelessly hot.

Comment

1) AID's kills millions

4) Just sayin'
                        If I had an SCI and HIV, I'd want the former cured out of a better quality of life. However, I do agree with what Eileen is saying. AIDS is deadly virus that kills millions of innocent people. It's not killing only homosexuals or those who had that evil thing we call sex, but is literally decimating people in impoverished countries. I don't mean to imply homosexuals or people who have sex are guilty. I'm illustrating the point that it's not only spread by what people perceive as bad behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                          Here is all that the Reeve Foundation has to say about the Push Girls:

http://www.spinalcordinjury-paralysi...ing-ambassador

...."But here's a reality show featuring Reeve Foundation ambassador, Angela Rockwood (pictured 3rd from left,) that is way more than a good laugh. Premiering in April, the Sundance Channel will bring Push Girls to the airwaves."

And The New York Post they quote:

"The twist is that they are all the victims of car accidents or physical ailments that left them without the use of their beautiful legs."

IMO CDRF should have written to The New York Post to explain them that SCI is not just about being unable to use our legs.. but instead of doing that they even quoted such a misleading article.

Paolo
                          You gave me a good idea! I'll be in touch. Bravo.
                          Dennis Tesolat

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
                          Martin Luther King

Comment

Originally posted by Van Quad View Post
                            Already thinking about it, but right now I'm trying something a little different first.
                            Dennis Tesolat

Martin Luther King

Comment

guys, something to do right now. Make sure you let Acorda know we are watchign for th eoutcome of their meeting with Case Western adn Dr Silver. Dr Silver told me to bring the attention to Acorda and let them know we want action on theri Chase product. The meeting is April 7th. I think we should ask Wise and Stem Cell INc for results for their trials. We don't need to hear going well or pretty good. With all the news of stem cell therpies, with good results, in other areas, our time is coming.

Anthony

Comment

Working...
                              X