Is any real hope in near future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is any real hope in near future?

Everyday we read and hear about some research work and articles for few years but nothing has happened in real for cure of SCI.
    Which one is real hope and in very near future for chronic spinal injury patients?
    Neural stem cell trials, Brazil trial, Wise's trial or coming chondrointinase trial and still how much wait?
    How long we will be just living on false hopes?

You live for today and position yourself for tomorrow. Each day that you plan your life for after "the cure," is another day wasted. Stay fit, stay healthy, stay busy.

Originally posted by Jawaid View Post
    Everyday we read and hear about some research work and articles for few years but nothing has happened in real for cure of SCI.
    Which one is real hope and in very near future for chronic spinal injury patients?
    Neural stem cell trials, Brazil trial, Wise's trial or coming chondrointinase trial and still how much wait?
    And the truth shall set you free.

Comment

Back in 89 l was told to pack my bags for sci land because I probably wasn't going back to AB'd land. It was great advice.

I hope that changes but it will be less meaningful, to be cured, the older I get.

Comment

NO x 98876657371858584858431885855858585996

Comment

We are coming up on my sons 8 year anniversary. All I know is that the research has come a long way in 8 years. I feel more hope today than I did 8 years ago. For me, it's not how far we need to go, but rather how far we have come. It will happen, stay positive and healthy, work out and keep moving forward with your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Mombo View Post
            We are coming up on my sons 8 year anniversary. All I know is that the research has come a long way in 8 years. I feel more hope today than I did 8 years ago. For me, it's not how far we need to go, but rather how far we have come. It will happen, stay positive and healthy, work out and keep moving forward with your life.
            In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Mombo View Post
              I agree with Mombo completely. We've had super research come about over the past few years. It will indeed happen but nobody knows exactly when. Staying healthy and positive and working out is important. Nobody should put their lives on hold. Move forward in your life the very best you can.

Jawaid, It seems like you've posted this very same exact thread every couple of weeks for us. Is that possible?

Last edited by GRAMMY; 14 Feb 2012, 4:48 PM.
              http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

It seems like with humans everything you throw at SCI it resists. Animal studies are different, things seem more likely to work. It must have something to do with our more evolutionalized immune systems, that's my theory.
                "Life is about how you
                respond to not only the
                challenges you're dealt but
                the challenges you seek...If
                you have no goals, no
                mountains to climb, your
                soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

Originally posted by Jawaid View Post
                  A cure will happen, if you doubt it you don't know much about science. Something you can start fixing today.

If you live your life on hopes (true or false)... well let's just say it's not the smartest thing to do.
                  Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

Everyone has his/her own definition criteria of a cure.
                    for me the main issue is mobility and access. Bladder/bowel i can manage with a daily programme, sexual function is a desire not a can't do without need. Anything that can get me walking and climbing stairs suits my goal. Maybe a rewalk with a more slick appearance and without the use of crutches is very realistic and yes eliminating that irritating robotic sound too.

Comment

Negative

Comment

Originally posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
                        You live for today and position yourself for tomorrow. Each day that you plan your life for after "the cure," is another day wasted. Stay fit, stay healthy, stay busy.
                        Great advice. Don't wish your life away.

Comment

Well hoping is always great thing and much progress has been achieved also in recent two years but still much delay in starting trials on humans. Lot of problems now in US regarding funding and FDA. How things can happen soon?

Wise's trial is not for all kind of injuries. Also still no news from him. Brazil trial is in phase one and hopefully some news will be coming in April. Switzerland trial will take years in phase one. Only hope which can come faster is meeting of Jerry and Acorda along with few other doctors and researchers in April. Let us see what they bring for us and how soon go for trials.

If they can not come soon then again wait and wait for few more years which will be very disappointing for chronic injury patients.

Comment

Jawaid, I understand your loigic. However, I expect Wise to divulge yea or nea on his therapy. We deserve that. I understand the protocol on phase 1 trials for safety. I wan tto know about eficacy. Stem Cell Inc should do the same. do we know anybody aprticiapting in eihter trial? If we do, let's badger them to tell us what they got. Acorda and Case Western, who knows. I'm hoping that if they diecide on a trial, that it will be something like an orphan drug or something that will alow for more expedient human trials and results sooner. I look at the diabeits results on humans as well as heart attack therpies. Both have shown, in early stagew, real results. Jawaid, don't be afraid to let your feelings known. We are marching on.

Anthony

Comment

If near future is in the next 20 years, no doubt. If near future is 5 years, no. We are in the first steps of clinic development, and with financial issues around the world things are moving in slow-motion.
                              -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Comment

Working...
                              X