No announcement yet.

Is any real hope in near future?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isildur, I understand your skepticsm. Let's ask those who have recieved treatment in the current trials. they have recieved therapies now. wise Young has on many occassions said that 2-3 years for an effective therapy. although these are questinalbe, I , in no means am going to prevent hope. all I know that stem therapies are working in human trials now. Trials for spinal cord innjuries are occurring now. Let's see what happens.

anthony

Comment

Keeping on how do u see as chase? What u hoping for Acorda and Jerry and some others too that within how much time they will be starting trial on humans?

Neuralstem will take some years but Wise's trial and Brazil trial may come soon if prove to be effective i guess.

I am much more looking for chase trial because it is effective for chronic injuries as well.

Comment

Jawaid, don't know much more about Chase and Acorda till after meeting. Dr silver said there is a strong push from all parties to start something. We will know more after April 7th meeting. the international spinal research trust seem sto be a player in the arean. go to their website and read. Stem Cell INc is currently going under slincial trials. Phase 1 is currently uinder way. huma trials have started for phase 1 . they opened up their trials for asia b's and c'c as well as American and Canadians. I've asked that they give some indication fo effectiveness of therapy. It is however conducting human trials as is Wise's trials. We must push for reslts and follow these trials.

Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by keeping on View Post
          Isildur, I understand your skepticsm. Let's ask those who have recieved treatment in the current trials. they have recieved therapies now. wise Young has on many occassions said that 2-3 years for an effective therapy. although these are questinalbe, I , in no means am going to prevent hope. all I know that stem therapies are working in human trials now. Trials for spinal cord innjuries are occurring now. Let's see what happens.

anthony
          Im not skeptical, I believe in a cure 100%. But even in the best case scenario I don´t see the actual trials as the cure all of us are hoping. They are a first step, a important and needed one, but nothing big in terms of recovery potencial for people like me, with high injuries.
          Is only my opinion, if they prove me wrong, it will be good for all of us
          -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Comment

just think about it...you have nothing better to do but keep trying to get better. Focus your mind on it happening, really it works.
            Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. -- John Lennon

Comment

I have been hearing about cure since first being injured in 1986. After 26 years of research, in all honesty, I dont think there will be a cure in my lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by para33 View Post
                I have been hearing about cure since first being injured in 1986. After 26 years of research, in all honesty, I dont think there will be a cure in my lifetime.
                sure there will

Comment

Hi Christopher,

What makes you so sure? Could really use some informed optimism.

Comment

Few years at rats then few at large animals. Then planning for trials. Then so much time for funding and then years in trials. It is really good thing to wait and wait.

Comment

I hear the word wait, wait, wait, but we all know that just waiting won't get us any closer because time is not the only problem we have, and time is an enemy in our case.
                      It's amazing but I always find that those who are the most positive about a cure are the ones who are the most active in trying to win a cure.
                      The best way to stay positive is to get involved in making a cure happen. If we just WAIT, we'll be waiting a long time.
                      Dennis Tesolat
                      www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
                      Martin Luther King

Comment

Is it not responsibility of big organizations like Rick Hansen and Christopher Reeve and few others to come forward as foster the developments and bring them to trials soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
                          sure there will
                          Since there are no current trials now that are restoring function completely, how long do you think it will be till there is such a trail, then how long from a successful trial till a treatment is widely available and approved by the FDA?

Comment

When I was injured in 1995 at the age of 17 (at c4/5) I remember thinking or hoping that there would be a cure for spinal cord injuries by the time I was in my 30's. Well I'm 33 now and there's still no "cure" or therapy. It's pretty frustrating though I know quite a few researchers are trying... I'm worried sometimes that researches have found finding a solution to chronic injuries to be a problem and may think new acute injuries are easier to solve. Hopefully this doesn't cause most research dollars to flow to fixing new injuries.

At times the lack of real, significant progress is dispiriting...though the only real solution is to keep living life (or trying to) and rolling on.

Kyle
                            C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

Comment

kyle and t8, things are happening now. Trials for spinal injuries are happening RIGHT NOW. Slow yes but happening now. You guys and some of the rest of us are following these trials and want something to happen. That's why I post things in other areas of stem cells. It is happening. Hopefully, some of us will be able to participate in trials this year or next. silver and Acorda might be able to give hope to those who have breathing disabilites. Those of us who have those are first on the agenda. silver, thinks he has a treatmetn for those. We must push as a group for therapies to start from those guys. We must get result sform Wise and Stem Cell Inc. Hang in there guys.

Anthony

Comment

Anthony Silver has hope for bladder bowel function as well along with breathing. Chase is something which is being waited anxiousely now.

Comment

Working...
                                X