Question for any Researcher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for any Researcher

If you believe that bladder/bowel function can be returned (hopefully in less than ten years - do you know how many pills you would save people if they could only hold their urine!?!?) ... what about afterwards?

I notice some people that are spared their bladder, at least, suffer from urge incontinency and only have minutes to get to a washroom.

Do you suspect this could happen? No way to measure this in a rat I suppose?

I guess what I'm asking is if you believe it will ever be the same (bladder and/or bowels) pre-paralysis? Though I think I just answered my own question because the muscles would be kaput - fibres only.

(I have Transverse Myelitis so not sure if nerve grafts would work with me but I am placing my last hopes that they will).
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Lynnifer, I know you "don't believe" but it seems to me that return of bladder and bowel function would be a lot more convenient if walking were returned too. I don't know if I want to sit in a wheelchair bursting to go to the loo and being unable to get in............

Comment

Better running than walking.

Comment

I loved running...............

Comment

i loved walking as well... I loved peeing... I loved pooping... I loved handling things etc.....
          "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
          Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

oh I remember running!

Comment

Running is the thing I do in my dreams, It is so easy, it is just to start and then it feels like flying. Are we going to remember and dream about those things forever?
              TH 12, 43 years post

Comment

Working...
              X