No announcement yet.

Jerry Silver talks to me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK. Now we need to coordinate this so we get a lot of bang for our buck.
    We know that our emails have been productive in the past, so we will coordinate something for this and make sure that all those who have supported our activities in the past also get this news and have a chance to act with us.
    In the morning (here it's midnight Friday) so when I get up, I'll work on something easy for everyone to deal with.

PS. Just a small reminder that interdependence 2012 sponsored by Rick Hansen Foundation is coming up and I will be asking for supporters to sponsor some questions to the foundation about their plans regarding chronic spinal cord injury. We may have a busy few months so I hope everyone is on board for cure activity.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Comment

I just sent an e-mail to Tuszynski and thanked him for his efforts and participation at the Acorda meeting. Dr. Silver has spoken highly of him and his research is good. We must put pressure or interest in this therapy. WE must expedite trials and therapies that may help all of us.

anthony

Comment

Originally posted by keeping on View Post
        I just sent an e-mail to Tuszynski and thanked him for his efforts and participation at the Acorda meeting. Dr. Silver has spoken highly of him and his research is good. We must put pressure or interest in this therapy. WE must expedite trials and therapies that may help all of us.

anthony
        Can you share his contact info? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by nrf View Post
          Thank You Dr.Silver. Any chance of getting Ch'ase included in any of Dr. Youngs Chinese trials?
          Originally posted by jsilver View Post
          That's up to Wise.
          Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
          We are considering adding chondroitinase to the combination but phase 1 and 2 trials need to be done with chondroitinase before we can add it to combination therapies.

Wise.
          I think that is the next step
          keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

I just sent a e-mail to all 3

tcaggiano@acorda.com
            rcohen@acorda.com
            ablight@acorda.com
            keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnie Walker View Post
              I think that is the next step
              I believe Dr. Young recently resigned from the board of Acorda. Working Ch'ase into clinical trials in China should be a slam dunk. I have my fingers crossed.

Comment

Last edited by Wise Young; 03-23-2012 at 07:06 PM.
                Last edited by Johnnie Walked; 04-11-2012, 12:56 PM.
                keep (rolling) Walking

Comment

Originally posted by nrf View Post
                  I believe Dr. Young recently resigned from the board of Acorda. Working Ch'ase into clinical trials in China should be a slam dunk. I have my fingers crossed.
                  We are considering adding chondroitinase to the combination but phase 1 and 2 trials need to be done with chondroitinase before we can add it to combination therapies.

Wise.
                  Last edited by Wise Young; 03-23-2012 at 07:06 PM.
                  keep (rolling) Walking

Comment

nrf, e-mail is mtuszynski@ucsd.edu He is at university of california at san diego

Anthony

Comment

Chase is not coming soon. May be next 3 years

Comment

Jawaid, got a reply from Dr Cohen at Acorda. He started by emphasizing the understanding of the critcal nature of our needs. He went on to say that a couple of years before even applying for clinical trials. I respnded that this is good but too late for many of us.

Anthony

Comment

The reply email most will receive:

Dear Ms. Purves,

Thank you for your message. Dr. Cohen is traveling today, and has asked me to respond on his behalf.

As you may know, Acorda was founded 17 years ago with a mission to develop therapies that would help people who live with spinal cord injury and other neurological disorders; we remain passionately committed to that mission today. Over the years, Drs. Cohen, Blight, Caggiano and I have spoken with hundreds – maybe thousands - of people in the SCI community and we are deeply familiar with the desperate need for new treatments in this area. Even so, we know that we cannot fully imagine how urgently you and the many thousands of other sufferers with SCI are hoping for real progress.

However, we still have a number of scientific challenges to address before we can take chondroitinase to clinical trials. I hope that we will be able to address these challenges successfully, but we do expect that this will take some time, possibly a few more years before we are able to do so. I assure you we are working as hard and as fast as we can to deliver on this progress.

I invite you to contact me directly by email or phone at any time if I can provide more information or answer your questions. I would be delighted to speak with you in more depth.

Warmest regards,
                          Tierney Saccavino

Comment

it is too late!

Comment

Keep the pressure on.
                              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Lynnifer and gang, we must and will keep the pressure on, but I don
                                t know what we can do. Fast track status might help, but Acorda might have to apply to FDA for that. But yes, keep pressure on.

Comment

Working...
                                X