Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BSgimp View Post
    Hello,

Can anybody provide me with some information regarding chondroitinaise. I'm interested but cant seem to find any information about the study. What could be its effects on person with Brown–Séquard syndrome. So only one side of my body is paralyzed. C4/C5 incomplete.
    Does that mean in my case nerve graft wont be needed?

Are people with incomplete injuries could be a candidate for human trial?

Are incomplete injuries the most likely to get things back after chondroitinaise
    therapy?

I'm sorry if those are selfish questions i just wanna know where i stand on this.
    It's my understanding that Chondroitinase could be helpful to all SCI, both complete and incomplete. If you do a search for Chondroitinase (Ch'ase) in the search box upper right corner you'll find quite a few threads. If you want to review Dr. Silver's posts about the enzyme, just click on his name in a post and go to the button marked "statistics" to review the posts. If you still have questions that you think I could help with, just PM to me. I have quite a few publications in doc.
    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
      It's my understanding that Chondroitinase could be helpful to all SCI, both complete and incomplete. If you do a search for Chondroitinase (Ch'ase) in the search box upper right corner you'll find quite a few threads. If you want to review Dr. Silver's posts about the enzyme, just click on his name in a post and go to the button marked "statistics" to review the posts. If you still have questions that you think I could help with, just PM to me. I have quite a few publications in doc.
      Thank you.

Comment

BS, Dr Silver says many times that Chase seems to work well on chronics. We now have to get it into therapy through Acorda. We must contact Acorda through e-mails and let them know , they already know, that we want some sort of fast track approval of the therapy. what I've said is to get our brothers and sisters relief from breathing venst is smething that DR Silver thinks would be very possible. He then goes on to say that that is only the beginning. but words and future promises are only that. WE need beininning of trials and conclusive evidencenc of therapy.

anthony

Comment

Dr.Silver, the spring is in the full swing and we are all waiting eagerly for the promised spring premiere. Everything goes as planned or the premiere is postponed?
          Originally posted by kivi66 View Post
          Chris, thanks for the contrast douche and a breath of fresh air, would like to name this passage: "Jerry has already been invited to present data to UCSF in the spring of 2012 hopefully with the aim of starting a clinical trial of peripheral nerve grafting" a "Spring Awakening".

Comment

Grammy, your protege somewhat oddly reacts to extrinsical stimuli. Soothe us, tell that he is doing well and that everything will be all right.

Originally posted by jsilver View Post
            Over the last few decades we have already made great strides in our identification and understanding of the many genes and proteins that are involved with growth/no growth in the mammalian CNS so many of the major players are already known. The most potent intrinsic growth promoting set of genes are clearly those involved with the PTEN/mTOR pathway as well as the family of growth associated proteins (GAP43/CAP23) and the most potent extrinsic growth promoting genes/proteins are the various neurotrophins/tropins. The most inhibitory genes/proteins are involved with the regulation of and signalling by proteoglycans. The myelin story remains highly controversial and I think is fading fast. So I think we have enough on our plate for awhile. ... it is my view that we need to get to clinic as fast and as soon as we can with what we already have.
            Remarkable words. I dare say that Dr.Silver and his team's people are the ones, who can something to change already now. Since chondroitinase effectivness is laboratory-confirmed, why not to USA, which is considered to be kind of like a stronghold of democracy, progress and equal rights, become the first state in the world, where all citizens are granted the right to freely breathe. Would be not bad if timing it to 4th of July and introduce a corresponding "vent-INdependence" amendment to the Constitution. That would also be more than a worthy completion of Barack Hussein Obama II presidential term of staying on the throne. Grammy, talk with him about it, remind him of his "Yes We Can", that may help. I ask that you, because know that you can everything.

Comment

@kivi66 I'm not sure I entirely understand your post or intent. I do know that two of the most progressive spinal cord injury research labs in the United States are running at maximum capacity on their current work. I do agreee with Dr. Os Steward that the past few years progress is more than what's been accomplished in 100 years of research. The discoveries are extremely vital in the progress towards work being done on regeneration of the spinal cord. I also agree with Dr. Jerry Silver that 2012 holds great promise for the work being accomplished in the sci labs in the USA. Some of the very best labs are keenly focused on chronic studies and other levels of injuries not so heavily studied in the past. Chondroitinase effectivness on CSPG has already been established but isn't solely about vents. It would be beneficial to ALL chronic SCI. All SCI folks need their Independence Day. Serious advocacy and the "best of the best" researching with their advanced studies for us will pay off. I think "they can" and "they will." You're adept enough in the real science of spinal cord injury to know exactly where the goal post is and what must be done.

Comment

Grammy, your protege somewhat oddly reacts to extrinsical stimuli. Soothe us, tell that he is doing well and that everything will be all right.

Remarkable words. I dare say that Dr.Silver and his team's people are the ones, who can something to change already now. Since chondroitinase effectivness is laboratory-confirmed, why not to USA, which is considered to be kind of like a stronghold of democracy, progress and equal rights, become the first state in the world, where all citizens are granted the right to freely breathe. Would be not bad if timing it to 4th of July and introduce a corresponding "vent-INdependence" amendment to the Constitution. That would also be more than a worthy completion of Barack Hussein Obama II presidential term of staying on the throne. Grammy, talk with him about it, remind him of his "Yes We Can", that may help. I ask that you, because know that you can everything.
                I have to agree with GRAMMY on this - it's getting increasingly hard to know what you are talking about.

There are some top labs which are working hard to cure this condition (Jerry Silver's, Oswald Steward's for example) and we should be grateful that they chose chronic sci as their subject of interest.

Acorda has chosen to slow things up for what must be 'bottom line' reasons.

Comment

$ is holding chase hostage. I still like rjames idea. We need to pressure somehow....foundations need to help make it a profitable and promising venture.

Comment

Grammy and Chris, sorry, I myself confused. It seems that Chaz19 shaped my babble into coherent and clear form. And, anyway, it would be nice to hear something from Dr.Silver.

Comment

Dr.Silver, you and your lab are of course not a Bashiok and Blizzard respectively, much more than that, our pitiable aspirations and selfish requests, it goes without saying, are not able to compete with the such of Diablo's fans, but you for some reason joined this forum, so would you be so kind as to correspond to your announced system requirements and entertain us occasionally with some fresh screenshot. Such are the rules of the game and a prerequisite of successful marketing, don't sneeze at it. And now seriously, which character will you play in the first runthrough?

Comment

Dr.Silver, you and your lab are of course not a Bashiok and Blizzard respectively, much more than that, our pitiable aspirations and selfish requests, it goes without saying, are not able to compete with the such of Diablo's fans, but you for some reason joined this forum, so would you be so kind as to correspond to your announced system requirements and entertain us occasionally with some fresh screenshot. Such are the rules of the game and a prerequisite of successful marketing, don't sneeze at it. And now seriously, which character will you play in the first runthrough?
                        Are you sure it's not a personality transplant you're hoping for?

Comment

F-P-F, not sure of anything, but, yes, something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
                            Are you sure it's not a personality transplant you're hoping for?
                            I'm hoping for a new and improved super captain marvel secret decoder ring. (They used to come in all the fruit loop boxes).
                            Last edited by GRAMMY; 16 May 2012, 1:17 AM.

Comment

Dr.Silver, don't you scared by Wise's "walking subjects"? Could he knows something that you are not aware of? Would be nice to know your view of this phenomenon.
                              Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                              ...I have observed some subjects walking. Wise.

Comment

Working...
                              X