Live from Working 2 Walk 2011!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post

Actually, the NIH, FDA, DOD, Sam Schmidt and Nielsen Foundation have all been at W2W giving presentations and engaged with the W2W participants over the past 10 years. It's not a new phenomena or first time appearance for any of them. Many of them send teams of people into the conference to help engage and work together....

For some reason there is a mistake in your post above when you quote what I wrote, not sure where "is not promising to me." comes from, I didn't write that.

I am not sure why you mention DOD, Sam Schmidt and Nielsen Foundation in this answer..
    It is true that the NIH and FDA have presented before at W2W, but I am not sure there has been a constant dialogue with them, in fact it seems the NIH has cut funding for SCI research of 15% and that I know no one said a word about it . To have both the NIH and the FDA at the same time I believe it was great, now I hope SCI people/U2FP/GUSU to Cure etc.. will stay engaged with them constantly and not just waith to hear their presentation at W2W next year.

....Paolo publicly demanded this 4 years ago and he got exactly what he wanted from Miami Project. (MP will have a new website up and running in a few weeks also). If it's in poor taste, or cruel, then perhaps it's best to take that discussion up with Paolo. The way I see it, Dr. Dietrich gave him what he'd demanded. Paolo won a CT for chronic humans with MP Schwann cells!! Hopefully he sees the progress now instead of whining about wasted money, dead end directions and nothing good happening for him and lack of progress.

I didn't get what I wanted from the Miamy Project, probably it wasn't clear to you what I wanted.

See my answers in bolt.
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
      See my answers in bolt.
      See mine. (You'll never tell us what you have the government in Italy doing for us but we sure do wonder about the ongoing silence every time you're asked)...
      http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

See mine. (You'll never tell us what you have the government in Italy doing for us but we sure do wonder about the ongoing silence every time you're asked)...
        If an Italian citizen's efforts are best used by telling American citizens how to address the American government then Italians better spend more time focussing on Italian problems. Unless they just like to pee into the wind.

Comment

No, Jerry wasn't invited to speak this year. I wish we could have more speakers but there's simply not time to cram in any more speakers during the symposium. I think people that are attending and working with the scientists, funders, other foundations and government officials simply cannot handle any more of the load. They are exhausted after 2 jam packed days which I think all of the SCI participants will agree with. People can only handle just so much.

Actually, the NIH, FDA, DOD, Sam Schmidt and Nielsen Foundation have all been at W2W giving presentations and engaged with the W2W participants over the past 10 years. It's not a new phenomena or first time appearance for any of them. Many of them send teams of people into the conference to help engage and work together. Not everyone working on cure or SCI projects come to this forum to report their activities to you. (You'll never tell us what you have the government in Italy doing for us but we sure do wonder about the ongoing silence every time you're asked).

Total complete B.S. Nowhere Man! It's not bad taste or cruel. ​The blog article missed the specific chronic point. (As Kate said, Dr. Dietrich speaks fast and covers a lot of ground quickly). People on this forum for years demanded that the Miami Project put together a chronic clinical trial. There's been dozen's of threads about it here on carecure. Miami Project came to present their stem cell research, ongoing clinical trials, new initiatives and to announce the recruitment of their first new "chronic" trial. LINK Paolo publicly demanded this 4 years ago and he got exactly what he wanted from Miami Project. (MP will have a new website up and running in a few weeks also). If it's in poor taste, or cruel, then perhaps it's best to take that discussion up with Paolo. The way I see it, Dr. Dietrich gave him what he'd demanded. Paolo won the CT for chronic humans for MP Schwann cells. Hopefully he sees the progress now instead of whining about wasted money, dead end directions and nothing good happening for him and lack of progress. You may disagree with what he wanted or what he got, but it is what it is.

You tell us.

I suppose it depends on the effort.

You say that the miami project will have a new site up and running in a few weeks. Nice. Thank you
          "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
          Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
            You say that the miami project will have a new site up and running in a few weeks. Nice. Thank you
            We saw the preliminary site pages. It looks to be quite an improvement over the current one.
            http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
            X