Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who and what to fund?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by guenther View Post
    What about the trials with Ati355 (against NOGO protein)
    of Schwab and Novartis!

    G√ľnther
    Currently in clinical trials for acutes with a completion date of April 2012
    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

    Comment


      #17
      Grammy–I started this spreadsheet with the help of others–about a year or so ago.
      https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

      If I have some extra time in the coming week I can start up another for clinical trials if others are interested in contributing to. I think it was originally Oxsquids idea.

      Comment


        #18
        Thanks Chaz19. That is what I wanted to see. Predominately the chronic clinical trials are tracked at the u2fp site. (Not so much the tons of acute information). I was especially interested in looking at the pre-clinical and potential therapies..a combined list with some of those mentioned by Paolo of the proposed therapies themselves. Thanks for the doc.
        Last edited by GRAMMY; 24 Aug 2011, 6:17 PM.
        http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

        Comment


          #19
          a current list of trials and statuses of their progress.... Doesn't the u2fp website already have that?
          "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

          "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


          2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
          Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
            a current list of trials and statuses of their progress.... Doesn't the u2fp website already have that?
            Yes, the trials are listed at u2fp...They have the status tracked by color and links into the offical sites.

            It's listed under Resourses:

            http://unite2fightparalysis.org/clinicaltrials

            I think what we'd like to look at now is a listing of potential trials, pre-clinicals that are not yet clinical trials in Phase 1.

            - GDA-BMP astrocite: Dr. Davies
            - Decorin: Dr, Davies
            - Chondroitinase: Acorda/Fawcett
            - HESCH: Dr. Keirstead
            - IPS: Dr. Horner
            - NED (hesc): Dr. Lanza
            - Neurogel:France
            - Regeneration Matrix: New World Lab
            - Nerve Grafting: Dr. J. Silver
            - MultiStem: Athersys
            - mimetic peptide 5: Australia

            3) basic research, for example...
            - P-Ten/M-TOR Dr. He
            Last edited by GRAMMY; 27 Aug 2011, 1:11 PM.
            http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

            Comment


              #21
              Maybe I can add another question to this thread.
              I think that most of us understand that the problem is not only what to fund, but how to get people working together so that promising things are not wasted.
              Some have told me that there is massive collaboration, but for some reason I don't think there is massive collaboration with all the information.

              How can we promote more collaboration and cooperation especially because I think that it's going to be some kind of combination that gets us out our chairs.
              Dennis Tesolat
              www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

              "Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
              Martin Luther King

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                a current list of trials and statuses of their progress.... Doesn't the u2fp website already have that?
                Yep, but I think we should have also a list of promising SCI research at basic and pre-clinical stage.
                In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                Comment


                  #23
                  One very promising line of research to cure SCI, in my opinion, is the use of biomaterials.

                  There are many research groups that are working on that which should be funded as they need.
                  Just to mention a few:

                  - Robert Langer, we know InVivo collaborate with him
                  - Neurogel that has been mentioned already (I am not a fan of it BTW, but that
                  doesn't matter)
                  - Nanotope inc. http://www.nanotope.com/ Jack Kessler is involved with it
                  - I would for sure support also Dr. Fabrizio Gelain
                  Researchers in Italy, led by Angelo Vescovi and Fabrizio Gelain....
                  .....in collaboration with the Institute for Soldier Nanotechnologies at MIT, have now demonstrated the repair of a chronically injured spinal cord by attempting to replace the fluid-filled cyst found in these lesions with a neuroprosthetics conducive to tissue reconstruction and axonal regeneration.
                  http://www.nanowerk.com/spotlight/spotid=19962.php

                  - Eva Sykova has been working on biomaterials for long time and she is about to go to clinical trials with a hydrogel
                  - several more around I can't remember at the moment...
                  Last edited by paolocipolla; 29 Aug 2011, 5:12 PM.
                  In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post

                    Some have told me that there is massive collaboration, but for some reason I don't think there is massive collaboration with all the information.

                    How can we promote more collaboration and cooperation especially because I think that it's going to be some kind of combination that gets us out our chairs.
                    A way I see is to set up an X-Prize with a goal ambitous enough that a single researcher can't go for it.
                    That should encourage researchers to form teams to compete for the price (& for the glory) that will come from getting people out of w/c. Like it or not these are very effective (and natural) motivating forces in human beens.
                    Last edited by paolocipolla; 29 Aug 2011, 5:13 PM.
                    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                      A way I see is to set up an X-Prize with a goal ambitous enough that a single researcher can't go for it.
                      That should encourage researchers to form teams to compete for the price (& for the glory) that will come from getting people out of w/c. Like it or not these are very effective (and natural) motivating forces in human beens.
                      Yes, I think using natural motivational factors to get people to make teams is a tremendous idea.
                      I think that scientists working independently at universities laboratories would love to try to work together to solve this problem.
                      How much do you think a good prize amount would be?
                      $10,000,000? That's only $500,000 per each G20 country. The Canadian government may feel ripped off though after they consider all the millions they gave to RHF!!
                      Dennis Tesolat
                      www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

                      "Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
                      Martin Luther King

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by StemCells&AtomBombs View Post
                        Yes, I think using natural motivational factors to get people to make teams is a tremendous idea.
                        I think that scientists working independently at universities laboratories would love to try to work together to solve this problem.
                        How much do you think a good prize amount would be?
                        $10,000,000? That's only $500,000 per each G20 country. The Canadian government may feel ripped off though after they consider all the millions they gave to RHF!!
                        I think 10.000.000,00 should be enough.... maybe more should be considered.

                        Here is a video about X-Prize and some mechanisms activated by an incentive prize:

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1fVh...nt_0Bg&lf=plpp
                        In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                        Comment


                          #27
                          paolocipolla

                          You hit the nail on the head there. X prize. I said this about 10 years ago. $$$ = incentive = motivation and innovation.

                          Comment


                            #28
                            Originally posted by cpaul View Post
                            paolocipolla

                            You hit the nail on the head there. X prize. I said this about 10 years ago. $$$ = incentive = motivation and innovation.
                            Time to hit the nail on the head precisely with a bullet!

                            Contact me via PM if you like
                            Last edited by paolocipolla; 3 Sep 2011, 9:35 PM.
                            In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X