Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

watching falling skies and had an thought

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • watching falling skies and had an thought

    if you seen the show you know the thing on they put on the kids back. i'm thinking with the right tech and engineering this what i think this would be
    something to think about. i know it ugly but if it can be a cure i would do it.
    i think tech will be able to cure us before science.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

  • #2
    Originally posted by cripple4life View Post
    if you seen the show you know the thing on they put on the kids back. i'm thinking with the right tech and engineering this what i think this would be
    something to think about. i know it ugly but if it can be a cure i would do it.
    i think tech will be able to cure us before science.
    im leaning the same way also. its seems tech has more flexibility as far as regulations go. i think most people dont want a tech solution because they want to be "normal" but tech moves so much faster than medical science. I wouldn't call it a cure but it can improve quality of life..

    Comment


    • #3
      i would be all about some kind of tech to help me stand/walk. but IMO thats not a cure.
      http://www.pcworld.com/article/20122...alk_again.html

      Comment


      • #4
        A combinations of nano tech, lithium, and stem cells.
        My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by macska View Post
          A combinations of nano tech, lithium, and stem cells.
          if nano tech became viable I bet it would be the biggest thing since the internet explosion. but it still seems to be in the "future" category like cars that drive themselves... I can remember in the 80's you would here "one day cars will drive themselves" you even saw examples of it but you never seen it implemented anywhere..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Eric.S View Post
            if nano tech became viable I bet it would be the biggest thing since the internet explosion. but it still seems to be in the "future" category like cars that drive themselves... I can remember in the 80's you would here "one day cars will drive themselves" you even saw examples of it but you never seen it implemented anywhere..
            I do think that in the near future we will se some steps to the right direction.
            My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by macska View Post
              I do think that in the near future we will se some steps to the right direction.
              I too believe that nanotech is very promising and we should start seeing some results soon. How good nanotech can be for SCI I don't know, but it seems it should help a lot.
              In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

              Comment


              • #8
                what i'm thinking is some kind of chip above the injury and another that relays to below the injury.
                Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by cripple4life View Post
                  what i'm thinking is some kind of chip above the injury and another that relays to below the injury.
                  There are much better things than that which could be ready for clinical trials very soon as I know.
                  In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                    There are much better things than that which could be ready for clinical trials very soon as I know.
                    Care to elaborate?
                    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                    --General George Patton

                    Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
                    ––Paul Nussbaum
                    usc87.blogspot.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by cripple4life View Post
                      what i'm thinking is some kind of chip above the injury and another that relays to below the injury.

                      yea i've pictured that for years but i guess its not really viable. it must be more than just electrical info thats being transmitted in our spinal cord. You would believe there should be some way to bridge the gap signal wise but i assume our idea of the problem is much too simple...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Eric.S View Post
                        yea i've pictured that for years but i guess its not really viable. it must be more than just electrical info thats being transmitted in our spinal cord. You would believe there should be some way to bridge the gap signal wise but i assume our idea of the problem is much too simple...
                        I think that is the crux of why the biological cure has come to the fore. The CNS is so complex that attempting to artificially replicate it is far more difficult than providing it with the tools and environment to regenerate itself.

                        However, that doesnt mean technology is not important. There is so much technology and nanotech involved in realising an eventual biological cure.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Eric.S View Post
                          I can remember in the 80's you would here "one day cars will drive themselves" you even saw examples of it but you never seen it implemented anywhere..
                          MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. — Anyone driving the twists of Highway 1 between San Francisco and Los Angeles recently may have glimpsed a Toyota Prius with a curious funnel-like cylinder on the roof. Harder to notice was that the person at the wheel was not actually driving.
                          The car is a project of Google, which has been working in secret but in plain view on vehicles that can drive themselves, using artificial-intelligence software that can sense anything near the car and mimic the decisions made by a human driver.
                          more
                          ____________________

                          "We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
                          - Barack Obama

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            the brain puts out the signal a chip picks it up relays it to the lower chip then sends it to the cord. it can't be that hard they do it with fake hands.
                            Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cripple4life View Post
                              the brain puts out the signal a chip picks it up relays it to the lower chip then sends it to the cord. it can't be that hard they do it with fake hands.
                              good point. I mean its just a signal of some sort, there has to be a way to read it and replicate it. is it a chemical signal or some sort of electrical stimulation?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X