No announcement yet.

Second question to Rick Hansen Foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No it sugests that I couldn't be bothered to spend time researching. I don't know why I even bothered replying to your posts as you seem to believe that what you think is the only opinon..

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
    That suggest me that you are confused, probably because they are confusing people....
    What is wrong in what you wrote here above?

Comment

paolocipolla and StemCells&AtomBombs thank you guys for all you do. some people you just cant reach, they are to confused or have there head so deep in the sand that its useless. keep up the good work and lets keep asking questions.
      "I'm manic as hell-
      But I'm goin' strong-
      Left my meds on the sink again-
      My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Comment

Originally posted by canuck View Post
        No it sugests that I couldn't be bothered to spend time researching. I don't know why I even bothered replying to your posts as you seem to believe that what you think is the only opinon..
        Canuck,

you have tried many times to defend the various RH orgs providing inaccurate facts.

For example RHI does not give money to ICORD. Why don't you ck things before you write. This info it is available. Then it is also true that the whole RH orgs world it is rather complex to understand and so is how $ are spinned around...

You have RHF, RHI, ICORD, Bolssom Center, UBC, now also the newly established Rick Hansen Leadership Group (RHLG).
        I hope I didn't forget anything.

Since you live there and are supporting the RH orgs, I would expect you to be much more informed than me and possibly explain me how the whole thing works.

I am interested in hearing different opinions than mine, for example I desagree most of the times with Patrick Madsen, but I have learned many interesting things from what he has posted.
        In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by ineedmyelin View Post
          paolocipolla and StemCells&AtomBombs thank you guys for all you do. some people you just cant reach, they are to confused or have there head so deep in the sand that its useless. keep up the good work and lets keep asking questions.
          Thanks ineedmyelin, I just do what I can, what I believe it is right and morally compelling.

Comment

SO why are they still posting things like this on their facebook page if they are not funding research. Isn't this a lie then? Am I missing something, because I really can not go back and read all 12 pages of this right now.

When he first approached Nicolas with this idea, Nicolas generously proposed that the funds raised be donated to the Rick Hansen Institute to support spinal cord research. To learn more, please visit http://run4nic.com/
            See More
            Last edited by addiesue; 15 Aug 2011, 3:11 PM.
            If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Comment

Originally posted by addiesue View Post
              SO why are they still posting things like this on their facebook page if they are not funding research. Isn't this a lie then? Am I missing something, because I really can not go back and read all 12 pages of this right now.

When he first approached Nicolas with this idea, Nicolas generously proposed that the funds raised be donated to the Rick Hansen Institute to support spinal cord research. To learn more, please visit http://run4nic.com/
              See More
              It's unbelievable!

A few posts below they said in a comment:
              We understand CNS regeneration is your priority, and we share your optimism for the future of this promising form of research. Again,
              please remember that RHI is funded by Health Canada and several provincial government partners to carry out translational research. Translational research refers to the development and application of new technologies and treatments into clinical practices that promise to lead to improvements in patient care. As such, the Rick Hansen Institute does not at the moment fund any early stage pre-clinical stem cell therapy research...

They are not just lieing, it's a scam in my opinion!

Comment

My comment was removed. I just stated, "Does he realize how much is going toward research?"
                If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Comment

Originally posted by ineedmyelin View Post

I second that
                  "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                  Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

My comment was removed. I just stated, "Does he realize how much is going toward research?"
                    I don't think he's aware of the facts yet.
                    http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Paolo and stemcellatom,

I commend your efforts for transparency. I like your attitude and I find it refreshing. It is empowering for this movement to challenge the status quo.

Comment

Paolo and the others are doing individually what we should be doing as a community, because this is how things can be changed, or at least improved.
                        -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Comment

Originally posted by GRAMMY View Post
                          I don't think he's aware of the facts yet.
                          When Brent, a Captain at CanJet Airlines, heard that his friend and co-worker, Nicolas Charette, had suffered a spinal cord injury in May, he wanted to do something to support and encourage Nicolas in his recovery.
                          Being an avid runner, Brent decided to raise money by running as many kilometers as possible in a 24-hour period, with a goal of running 100-120 kilometers in total and seeking pledges on a per kilometer basis (meaning the farther he ran, the larger each donation would be). When he first approached Nicolas with this idea, Nicolas generously proposed that the funds raised be donated to the Rick Hansen Institute to support spinal cord research. To learn more, please visit http://run4nic.com/

I had commented below this post, meaning that this guy,Brent, thinks he is doing this great thing for research when he is not.

Comment

When Brent, a Captain at CanJet Airlines, heard that his friend and co-worker, Nicolas Charette, had suffered a spinal cord injury in May, he wanted to do something to support and encourage Nicolas in his recovery.
                            Being an avid runner, Brent decided to raise money by running as many kilometers as possible in a 24-hour period, with a goal of running 100-120 kilometers in total and seeking pledges on a per kilometer basis (meaning the farther he ran, the larger each donation would be). When he first approached Nicolas with this idea, Nicolas generously proposed that the funds raised be donated to the Rick Hansen Institute to support spinal cord research. To learn more, please visit http://run4nic.com/

I had commented below this post, meaning that this guy,Brent, thinks he is doing this great thing for research when he is not.
                            Yes, that's also what I meant. Brent is probably just going off the information posted on the RHF site like everyone else has done over the years...generally thinking they have been working at "cure" when they talk about spinal cord research. It's only been disclosed on their facebook page last week there is no money being funded on the "cure". RHF receives 37% of their funding through these public donations. That is why people have been asking for clarification of the funding and also wanting to discuss future funding proposals for regeneration of the spinal cord with the folks at RHF.

As such, the Rick Hansen Institute does not at the moment fund any early stage pre-clinical stem cell therapy research. This does not preclude future funding for late stage pre-clinical studies imminently ready for translation to human clinical trials. Our next funding cycle begins in 2012, at which time all our projects -- in stream and new -- will come under review.
                            Last edited by GRAMMY; 15 Aug 2011, 9:54 PM.
                            http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Just making sure i was on the right topic well, someone should tell him before he runs that far! They aren't going to if they deleted my comment within a few minutes or hours.

Comment

They are doing translational research at the moment. http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/RickHansenInstitute

I still don't understand why people can't seem to grasp that lessening disability via better treatment is part of the road to the cure. Personally if I was rolled into a SCI unit today I would rather have something that make a difference now instead of "well stem cells look like they might work, we are just going to clinical trials" What happens if nothing comes of the stem cell trials?

As mentioned in the faceboook link a new funding cycle is coming up. At any rate, I'm done with the cure forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X