Second question to Rick Hansen Foundation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leo View Post
    I see the FB post and comments, however i don't see the comment link or option

on my fb page i see comment option

help
    Make sure you "LIKE" the page first. That should allow you to comment.
    Unless You have been banned like me -LOL-
    I can Just read and share now.

Before I and others started asking difficult questions it was also possible to post on their wall. Now you can't anymore.

On Rick Hansen athlet FB page the wall is still open for posts:

https://www.facebook.com/rickhansenfdn?ref=ts
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
      Make sure you "LIKE" the page first. That should allow you to comment.
      Unless You have been banned like me -LOL-
      I can Just read and share now.

Before I and others started asking difficult questions it was also possible to post on their wall. Now you can't anymore.

On Rick Hansen athlet FB page the wall is still open for posts:

https://www.facebook.com/rickhansenfdn?ref=ts

Thanks, got it.
      http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Comment

I think we have the right to find out who these 5 people are.

What have they done for people with SCI to get so much money? If they have done great things they should be happy to let us know who they are.

If they have made really great things they may deserve even more than what they got...
        I'll be interested to find out the credentials of the rest of the top earners.
        Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
          I'll be interested to find out the credentials of the rest of the top earners.
          These salaries are on the low end for highly qualified researchers in the U.S. It is hard for me to understand why what they make is an issue if they have the potential advance the science.

Comment

The new CEO recently announced isn't a researcher ... his background seems to be in PR/fundraising. There would be no researchers working for the foundation, as far as I could guess.
            Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
              The new CEO recently announced isn't a researcher ... his background seems to be in PR/fundraising. There would be no researchers working for the foundation, as far as I could guess.
              Not sure about healthcare but private schools and colleges certainly pay their fundraising folks at that level and above. To hire the good ones you end up competing with your peers in the field and what they pay.

Comment

Originally posted by c473s View Post
                Not sure about healthcare but private schools and colleges certainly pay their fundraising folks at that level and above. To hire the good ones you end up competing with your peers in the field and what they pay.
                c473,

I am not sure you had time to follow the whole discussion about RHF. There are also other threads.
                The point is that they have clearly stated now on FB that they are not spending money on research to cure SCI, but they have been saying since the beginnig they are working for "a world without paralysis after SCI"
                That in my personal opinion is a SCAM.
                If you have time read the threads, and pay attention to the posts of Patrick Madsen.
                Then you should know that many pages of the web site of Rick Hansen Institute have been taken down now.... WHY?

Then if you have time to dig into the whole RH org it smells.. it smells like a money laundry...But I am sure it's just that I have problems with my nose -LOL-

Last, if you can find what they have done to cure SCI please let me know as I didn't find anything significant yet considering the amount of money they spend annually.

Paolo
                Last edited by paolocipolla; 13 Aug 2011, 6:04 PM.

Comment

c473,

I am not sure you had time to follow the whole discussion about RHF. There are also other threads.
                  The point is that they have clearly stated now on FB that they are not spending money on research to cure SCI, but they have bee saying since the beginnig they are working for "a world without paralysis after SCI"
                  That in my personal opinion is a SCAM.
                  If you have time read the threads, and pay attention to the posts of Patrick Madsen.
                  Then you should know that many pages of the web site of Rick Hansen Institute have been taken down now.... WHY?

Then if you have time to dig into the whole RH org it smels.. it smels like a money laundry...But I am sure it's just that I have a problems with my nose -LOL-

Last, if you can find what they have done to cure SCI please let me know as I didn't find anything significant yet considering the amount of money they spend annually.

Paolo

Not sure why my name is brought up as posts to read. I just know Rick the man. I have no inside knowledge of how the foundation works, have only met three of the board of Directors and other than that, have paid little or no attention to RHF other than immense pride in what Rick has done in life.

Perhaps they took pages off the website as they are no longer pertinent to the objectives of the foundation.

Comment

To suggest that it's money laundrying is insane. My understanding is that RHI is set up to support the other organizations like ICORD.

I agree that they do need to look at their PR/Marketing to make the message clearer. I think the message ""a world without paralysis after SCI" is actually true because through a series of incremental steps more and more people are walking away from their injuries, people who would be complete injuries are incomplete" I know people want something more direct like stemcells but these incremental treatment steps are making definite progress.

Everything that's being done by all the different groups/researchers like Wise is valid because it's all part of puzzle. Look at the care part as bringing us a Spinal Cord that is less damaged, I think one could safely assume that the more intact less damaged spinal cord is going to be easier to fix then one that's more extensively damaged? All the treatment of SCi like neuroprotectiveness, better pre hospital and surgical care is all part of the puzzle.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
                      Not sure why my name is brought up as posts to read. I just know Rick the man. I have no inside knowledge of how the foundation works, have only met three of the board of Directors and other than that, have paid little or no attention to RHF other than immense pride in what Rick has done in life.
                      I have brought up your name just because I believe you provided some honest and very telling info that at the end helped me (and probably most of the readers too) to get a better picture of the situation - good things and bad things -

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post

Perhaps they took pages off the website as they are no longer pertinent to the objectives of the foundation.
                        Are you serious?

Comment

Originally posted by canuck View Post

..My understanding is that RHI is set up to support the other organizations like ICORD.
                          That suggest me that you are confused, probably because they are confusing people....
                          What is wrong in what you wrote here above?

Comment

Last edited by Patrick Madsen; 14 Aug 2011, 12:46 AM.

Comment

I would just like a clear answer from either RHF or RHI in regards to what they are doing in the field of regeneration.
                              They're giving too many different answers about their spending on cure and it's unfair not only to their donors but to all of us living with SCI.
                              Either they are trying to cure paralysis or their not.
                              If they are, they should easily be able to tell us how much and on what.
                              If they aren't. Then they should strip out all mention of "cure", "a world without paralysis", and any other such statements and tell the world they are not involved.
                              I would be sad if they did this and would consider it a true waste, but it would make their goal clear.
                              What I would like them to do is set money aside clearly that can be used as a fund for translational research and get more orgs and governments involved in making this fund grow. They are already involved in the International Campaign to Cure Paralysis and this could be a good place to start (so that people don't keep telling me that this body should be renamed 'The International Campaign to Talks about Curing Paralysis.
                              RHF is in a very good position to get people working together from all around the world to cure sci.
                              They have international appeal, they have an international network, they got loads of money, buildings, researchers, and respect, it would be terrible if this might wasn't applied to a biological cure.
                              If they wish to abandon their own goal, I don't want to waste time with apolgies or apologists.
                              If they wish to start a new, then fine, we don't need apologies, just their resources and leadership to get on with it.
                              But one thing they cannot continue doing is being unclear. This is of no help to us or them in the long run.

I hope we get our answer about discussing with them by next Friday like we asked for.
                              Dennis Tesolat
                              www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
                              Martin Luther King

Comment

[QUOTE=Perhaps they took pages off the website as they are no longer pertinent to the objectives of the foundation.[/QUOTE]

The exact pages that my blog references were taken down and this was about their "current research". I don't really believe in conspiracy theories, but it's quite the coincidence that all their current research is no longer available after this was noted as one of the things that raised concern. Also, it's not only the link that is 'broken' the menu has been chanced to delete this item. So it's not a mistake. For whatever reason, this has been taken down for conscious reasons.
                                Dennis Tesolat
                                www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
                                Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X