The 4-AP List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So one must continue to Recieve Nt-3

for it to continue working? I would very much be interested in reducing my time to 15 minutes or so, that would be great. I would like to know how to get Nt-3?

"Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Comment

I had Dr. Kao's surgery in Ecuador on March 22nd of this year. It included decompression, untethering of the spinal cord, Schawnn cell transplant, peripheral nerve bridge, omentum transplant over the bridge and hyperbaric chamber treatments.

I am T12/L1 complete, 22 years post. AND guess what! I think, THINK I may be getting back some hip flexors. I've always had use of hip hikers and am not sure if my progress could be attributed to them. I am able to lay on my side and pull my leg forward against resistance - my husband thinks this must be hip flexors. Progress in the last couple of months is substantial (at least to me), but I still can't move the leg while laying on my back. I haven't been able to get in the pool or work my left leg at all for the last couple of month since I broke my leg (fortunately, it's almost healed.)

The exercise prescribed by Dr. Kao that works the hip flexor: Lay on your stomach on an exercise table with a strap attached to the ankle. The strap is attached to a pulley with free weights. You start with your leg way up in the air and pull it down to the table using whatever muscles will work - when I started, I was using mostly abdominals. My father build the table for me and the rest of the system cost less than $50. The pulleys are attached to the rafters in my garage. This would be a great exercise for people to try whether they had Dr. Kao's surgery or not.

I'll let you know if I make any further progress. Wish me luck!

Comment

Originally posted by James Kelly:

Mike:

That took courage. Reaching for the _star_ of our dreams always takes courage. _Perhaps_ one day I'll have the courage to reach for _my_ star and be rewarded with the _beautiful things_ of my fondest dream. I hope.

*************!

James Kelly
        *************!

Comment

Jan:

Thank you for sharing your improvements with us, and for the tips on resistance rehab!

Blu:

Thank you for...everything!

*************!!!

James Kelly
          James Kelly

Comment

diagram

Jan:

Can you post or send me a diagram of Kao's leg machine. I would like to make one for my son (complete C4-5), who had Kao's surgery 12 months ago. He is slowly learning to stand and lock his knees.

JJG
            Jake's Pop

Comment

Jan,

If you have a tape of Dr.Kao performing his surgery, please e-mail me and I will send you a check for the cost of the videotape and shipping expenses.

PN
              The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
              --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
              ––Paul Nussbaum
              usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

dr young i thought you said nt3 has a dark side.

Comment

tape

Pn:

BirdieR has a long tape of Kaos' procedure.
                  Jake's Pop

Comment

Dr. J.J. - Sounds like your son is making some real progress - Congratulations!
                    I'm not really using a Leg Machine... it's really just pulleys attached to the rafters in my garage with a rope and free weights. I have a digital camera and could try to post a picture or two, although I'm not exactly sure how to do it. My husband's gone until tomorrow. I could have him take some pictures tomorrow night while I'm working out and then try to copy and paste them to the forum. Any tips?

PN - I do have a tape of the Kao surgery, but not the entire 12 hour procedure, just highlights. Unfortunately, its on 8mm cassette and my VCR won't record it (or maybe it will but I just haven't figured out how to do it - I used to be able to record from this camcorder onto my old VCR) If you're really interested and can't get a copy from Robin, I could make you a VHS copy next time I go to my parents house - I know it works on their VCR. This is something I've been meaning to do for some time now. Believe it or not, I still haven't viewed the tape.... never seemed to find the right time I guess. Probably won't get it done until Thanksgiving - dinner's at my folk's house this year. Let me know if you're still interested.

Jan

Comment

Hi Jan:

I am interested in seeing the tape and I understand what is involved to make copies onto VHS to play in a VCR. I went through the same issues back in 1998 and I decided it was easier to let someone else make the copies, who had all the equipment.

Good luck with your recovery, keep us posted on any new developments. Dr. J.J., thanks for the Birdie suggestion.

PN
                      The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
                      --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                      usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

diagram

Take a picture with your digetal camera or scan a photo taken with a regular camera. Save the file in your computure as a jpig file. Log onto yahoo and Dr. Kao's forum. Then send the file as an attachment, so that all members of his forum can see and use it.

JJG
                        Jake's Pop

Comment

the tape

Yes, I do have the surgery of Jim on tape. I also have tons of pictures that are in fact pictured at the Kao group site. I was in the OR for the entire surgery except for a bathroom break here and there and a quick nourishment break...(hehehe) The surgery lasted almost 10 hours. I should look at the tape again -Jim has not wanted to see it as of yet-he is not a blood fan....although it was not that bloody.

Comment

CURIOUS ABOUT HOW THINGS LOOK ONCE THE DURA IS OPEN

Hi BirdeR:

I would be interested in viewing this video tape even if it is ten hours long and comes on two VHS tapes that are set up by the camera for extended play. Of course, I will pay for the tapes and the shipping costs.

PN
                            --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                            usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

PN, this is a good idea. I am bumping this up to see if we can get more people to post their experiences on this topic. The 4-AP experiences are just too scattered on this site. I am also editing your headline so that it says 4-AP. Wise.

Comment

Dr. Young:

It is okay with me to edit the headline.

PN
                                --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
                                usc87.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                                X