Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the 'Cure' was like the Doomsday Clock, how close to midnight are we?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the 'Cure' was like the Doomsday Clock, how close to midnight are we?

Hi All,

Have not checked in for a while and was just wondering how close we are getting? Kind of a neat marketing thought I had with the Doomsday Clock, only instead of Armageddon, midnight would be celebratory! It also is a kind of measuring stick, you know, one step forward........
    Here's Hoping!

About 5 years...

Comment

five years?You may be optimistic!

Comment

Originally posted by khmorgan View Post
        About 5 years...

Still.....

Comment

Doomsday will come long before the cure.

Comment

It's always five years away.
            Alan

Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Comment

about 3 to 5 years, just like 1991

Comment

it's always 5 years away
                We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                Ronald Reagan

Comment

Yes, it's always 3 to 5 years away.

And the reason for that is because too few of us do something about it. Probably the guy who started the topic is too busy to help, but not to ask how close are we today. Probably a lot of people in this thread is too busy to help too.

Just keep rolling...
                  Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

Originally posted by 0xSquidy View Post
                    Yes, it's always 3 to 5 years away.

And the reason for that is because too few of us do something about it. Probably the guy who started the topic is too busy to help, but not to ask how close are we today. Probably a lot of people in this thread is too busy to help too.

Just keep rolling...
                    I cant agree. Can some of us make more to support the research? Yes. Is that the reason of the delay of treatments? No, and it´s not even in the top 10 of things holding back the cure.
                    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Comment

3-5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Isildur View Post
                        I cant agree. Can some of us make more to support the research? Yes. Is that the reason of the delay of treatments? No, and it´s not even in the top 10 of things holding back the cure.
                        Can you tell us the top ten of things holding back the cure in your opinion?
                        I am sincerily interested in your opinion.
                        In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                          I would say number one is the catholic church. Its one of the worlds largest religions and here is the crap they spew: http://www.americancatholic.org/news/stemcell/

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                            Put the numbers where you want and as you want:
                            -Minority condition, lack of general interest
                            -No real governments support. They are even cutting funds.
                            -Big pockets giving money (a lot) to the wrong hands (Miami Project...)
                            -Many of the money earned wasted in useless facilities, buildings,...
                            -Lack of colaboration between research groups
                            -Lot of time wasted without Clinical Trial Networks. Every research group had to establish their own way to make them.
                            -Poor interest of the medical crowd. Even today docs are still saying theres no future, and not many Hospitals are interested in doing clinical trials.
                            -A lot of Fundations, Organization, Groups,... for SCI making the war by their own way. Not many are pushing together for Cure, and sometimes they fight between them for funds (care vs cure).
                            -Some of our best weapons to repair spinal cord have to fight with ethic problems.
                            -There isn´t a lot of young researches interested in the SCI, and we need more heads in the issue doing basic science.
                            -A lot of money wasted in fraudulent or useless treatments instead in support real research (Lima, Huang, Reis,...).

I can give you more, but i think 10 are enough to start. IMO the main problem remains the same, and is how we are managing our resources, and before ask for more, we must use what we have in the right/best way.
                            Last edited by Isildur; 10 Jul 2011, 10:30 AM.
                            -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Comment

11:58

Comment

Working...
                              X