This - UK - clinical trials on SCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chris arnold View Post
    it's a short cut to instant acute depression.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

Well i agree and disagree lads
      According to my research being a pessimist or ultra optimist are both bad what i search for is pragmatics and factual proof and the only way to prove if a therapy works or is effective is through GOV legislative approved trials.People posting about possible cures from tabloid newspapers and snake oil clinic testimonials i don't buy into. As for now i can only state stem therapy is an item of great interest.

Comment

an old song, look what happened to 'Europe' SINSE - none does any, a CONTINENT OF COMPLAINERS...
        Last edited by Leif; 07-02-2011, 09:01 PM.

Comment

and lazy butts! Thath is wath Europe has evolved into. A continent of requiering and demanding ppl, witouth doing any. Europe here we go.

Comment

UK, France, Italy, Holland, Germany, Swiss and Skandinavia (Denmark and Sweden) - what are we doing... whath are we doing? Are we working on SCI cures? Yes or no. Are we trying. To help?

Comment

Originally posted by peterf View Post
              Well i agree and disagree lads
              According to my research being a pessimist or ultra optimist are both bad what i search for is pragmatics and factual proof and the only way to prove if a therapy works or is effective is through GOV legislative approved trials.People posting about possible cures from tabloid newspapers and snake oil clinic testimonials i don't buy into. As for now i can only state stem therapy is an item of great interest.
              Very true to beware of snake oil artists. In medical work factual proof is not as clear cut as is sometimes portrayed.

I would be concerned about putting faith in government; surely one recurring theme on the forum has been the constant blocking of resources by government.

In trying to further interest in cure, I have written to SIA in UK, and they actually published it. I have contacted the local MP, and the European member, plus others, including the National Hospital in Queen's Square, London. I suppose it's trying to do my bit. What replies I get (if any!) may help throw further light on the main question in this thread.

An aside concerns reference to Apparelized; I can only say that the opinion expressed was mine and does not necessarily reflect that of management. What I will say is that Research/Cure on that forum is very much a withered arm, and the flippant, not thought out comments offered as the majority response are plain unhelpful. The attitude typifies the "happy gimp" movement, and yes, it's downright depressing!
              2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Hi all,

I don't know if this will help, but here goes!

The main purpose of Apparelyzed is not to act as a hub for research for a cure, although there is a section for discussing research news and developing therapies between readers.

The main purpose of the forum is to help those with a spinal cord injury today, not to speculate what may or may not happen in 5 years time. Those with a spinal injury are encouraged to share life experiences about daily issues, such as figuring out how to overcome obstacles such as mobility, personal care, technology and social issues. If the site enables someone to become independent through advice given by others, then it will of fulfilled it's purpose.

Carecure already is well established on the research side of spinal cord injuries, so there is little point in duplicating this on Apparelyzed.

There are other far better funded organisations which do research work on behalf of those with spinal cord injuries in the UK, the main one being Spinal Research: http://www.spinal-research.org/ . These organisations are far better placed financially and have dedicated PR teams to handle the side of promoting the cause for a cure.

Maybe it would be worth asking them why research doesn't get such a high profile in the press?

As for depression, this is just as applicable in the US as the UK. Depression does not recognise geographical locations, just as spinal cord injuries don't.

Best regards,

Simon.

Comment

Originally posted by Apparelyzed View Post
                  Hi all,

I don't know if this will help, but here goes!

The main purpose of Apparelyzed is not to act as a hub for research for a cure, although there is a section for discussing research news and developing therapies between readers.

The main purpose of the forum is to help those with a spinal cord injury today, not to speculate what may or may not happen in 5 years time. Those with a spinal injury are encouraged to share life experiences about daily issues, such as figuring out how to overcome obstacles such as mobility, personal care, technology and social issues. If the site enables someone to become independent through advice given by others, then it will of fulfilled it's purpose.

Carecure already is well established on the research side of spinal cord injuries, so there is little point in duplicating this on Apparelyzed.

There are other far better funded organisations which do research work on behalf of those with spinal cord injuries in the UK, the main one being Spinal Research: http://www.spinal-research.org/ . These organisations are far better placed financially and have dedicated PR teams to handle the side of promoting the cause for a cure.

Maybe it would be worth asking them why research doesn't get such a high profile in the press?

As for depression, this is just as applicable in the US as the UK. Depression does not recognise geographical locations, just as spinal cord injuries don't.

Best regards,

Simon.
                  OK, but UK needs more advocacy effort from people, I think you could help also with that, so you should, I think..
                  In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                    OK, but UK needs more advocacy effort from people, I think you could help also with that, so you should, I think..
                    Aside much of Europe and Italy too, is bankrupt.

Comment

PIGS countries are known for economical distress and corruption, but now mini-pigs are in real life-west survival modus situations without life-west’s too, US too (Canada as such drops like a led to the flying rod by the US trade, if so). Scandinavia and Noway maybe too, and this doesn’t look good. -One does not give up easily, but this looks like a 2 by 4 in the back head on EU in a already num EU back head.

Comment

In a year or two, the world has changed, as we use to know the world. The large economies in the world, USD and EURO, will have a production problem. The backlashes are known, but to correct the curves are too late, -‘we’ are falling, and we are falling fast. Super fast.

Comment

And I know why ‘we’ are falling so fast. It is because one does not want to produce. And in production I mean anything from zero up to cures for SCI (real efforts, State and ppl efforts like I.e. on biotech.) - None EU countries does that, even the US is falling behind.

And, again, what are the reasons for that? I tell ya, ’we’ -all of us, has become too lazy, too lazy on doing anything and everything important. That is how it is, and all knows it.

- We are doomed and could be set back to the stone ages as we are heading now. But maybe that is what ‘we’ wants? Its up to the individuals, like always.

Comment

Construction is anyway doomed, in this world, too many MBAs without a clue, has been educated.

Comment

@Leif. Changes are coming, and fast - You are absolutely right about this.
                              - But changes aren't always a bad thing. I'm trying to keep an optimistic mind, maybe we will see what we are in the bottom of our hearts, and it turns out to be good?
                              (a tad naive, but hey - negativity gets you nowhere)
                              "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
                              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

@ Leif - I start to worry about myself as I tend to agree with what you say, LOL!

BTW Thanks for quoting me so many times!
                                In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X