X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Wise Young speaks about Spinal Injury & Cord Blood

Dr Wise Young speaks about Spinal Injury & Cord Blood

quote:

It’s achievable not just within our lifetime, but within a few years,” said Young. “I believe we can fix a person enough so that someone who doesn’t know them wouldn’t know that that person has a spinal cord injury. To me that’s a cure!”
    This fascinating work has the potential to give tens of thousands of people worldwide a full life, and is just one of the leaps forward science is making in the field of umbilical cord stem cell research.

read....

http://www.cordbank.co.nz/cordbank-n...ry-cord-blood/

wowww... promising!!!

Comment

Can't say enough how much Dr. Young's efforts to bring effective treatments means to us all here in the SCI community. And, the potential for the far reaching affects of his science to help other people, as well. My goodness, what a magnificent legacy to have established. Thank you so much!!!
      Last edited by Patty41; 17 Jun 2011, 12:44 AM.

Comment

i love dr young like family even though i have never met the man, yet. one day i hope to shake his hand and thank him for all he's done for me, for us.
        "I'm manic as hell-
        But I'm goin' strong-
        Left my meds on the sink again-
        My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Comment

Thank you for the continued hope Dr Young. Hope you will be back to Wayne State Univ in Michigan soon. Would love to talk with you again and have my son meet you again, he probably was too young to remember you from last time.
          You are a great man!

Comment

dr wise is a hottie.

seeing him speak of this makes the possibility seem more solid than reading about it.
            some are really going to get cured aren't they?

Comment

the best news in a long time. dr.wise is the boss !

Comment

probably the some of best news ever...
                C-5, 6 SCI. Took about 6 months to walk. Walking full time. Without any assistance since Nov. 2003 and will make a full recovery

Comment

I agree

This man is a magnificent human being, a doctor, scientist, pragmatist and humanist all in one.
                  Last edited by peterf; 17 Jun 2011, 8:43 AM.

Comment

rjg

I like to hope Dr. Young will tip us off as to when/where we can start buying his therapy, well before it's been formally approved, but who knows. There's no way he sends this cord blood/lithium thing to trial without a strong, strong sense that it will work - that's not what a guy who was friends with Christopher Reeve in the 90s does. I'm sure a lot of us have tens of thousands set aside - we're just waiting for the word.
                    [IMG]/forum/images/statusicon/user_online.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/images/buttons/infraction.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/images/buttons/report.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/images/buttons/ip.gif[/IMG] [IMG]/forum/images/misc/progress.gif[/IMG]

I do not have Tens of thousands set aside
                    Also sense sarcasm in the tones why ?
                    Dr Wise Young is doing his best . It wont be therapy BTW
                    It will be Trials Clinical Trials and particular studies etc...

Therapy is a term for some form of fitness , Ie water therapy etc.... Wrong terminology .

What Dr Young Does is more than any other Dr has done for us .
                    He is compassionate in his work .
                    The Feild of medical Science is intense
                    I respect Dr Wise Young
                    Last edited by GL; 20 Jun 2011, 12:20 AM.

Comment

What Dr Young Does is more than any other Dr has done for us .
                      He is compassionate in his work .
                      The Feild of medical Science is intense
                      I respect Dr Wise Young
                      Me too !

Comment

Wow! Very exciting predictions you make, Wise, and I really hope they are true.

I only ever receive the "no cure in our lifetime" prognosis from any medical person I encounter.

Thanks for your indefatigable efforts to change the status quo.

You were only a few miles away from me when you visited the Auckland blood bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
                          Wow! Very exciting predictions you make, Wise, and I really hope they are true.

I only ever receive the "no cure in our lifetime" prognosis from any medical person I encounter.

Thanks for your indefatigable efforts to change the status quo.

You were only a few miles away from me when you visited the Auckland blood bank.
                          I am trying to find the time to come back. I was there during the earthquake and thought you were in Christ Church. In any case, the cord blood bank in Auckland had scheduled all these television and press interviews but these were cut short by the earthquake. I would have tried to look you up if I had known that you were in Aukland. The last time we communicated, you were living in Christ Church.

Wise.

Comment

Dr Wise,

Those simultaneous trials in Europe, China, Norway, and India, where in India will it take place?
                            Have you heard from "Random"?
                            My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Young
                              “I believe we can fix a person enough so that someone who doesn’t know them wouldn’t know that that person has a spinal cord injury
                              Sounds good. Heard it before. I'll believe it when I see it. No disrepsect intended.

Comment

Working...
                              X