Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum Rules

Per Dr. Young. I can't locate the link

The best that I can do is to reiterate our mission and rules. CareCure is an information site. We welcome all people with, who care for, or are interested in spinal cord injury and related conditions. We encourage communication and community. We enforce three rules on this site.
    1. No personal attacks of other members.
    2. No spamming or commercial advertisements.
    3. No roiling of the membership with fraudulent posts.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post
      Well Paolo, I was not referring to either you or Leif so I find it interesting that you point out my request but let another Mods earlier request just slide by.
      Thanks cheese, I had the impression that you were referring also to me.
      I am happy that my impression was wrong.

Paolo
      In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by cheesecake View Post

Where have I been when you were being attacked? Well, I can honestly say I don't recall seeing you personally attacked. I am not on the boards 24/7. I work, have kids and am generally very busy. That being said, I apologize if I missed personal attacks towards you.
        Well I don't know how much time you and other mods have to montor CC ( and I understand it's not easy to monitor everything).

In general, from my point of view (but maybe it's just me) several times I have seen personal attacks that should have not been tolarated, in my opinion.
        Personally I felt attacked several times in the past and I have considered to stop posting, but for now I will resist, but I am going to be less nice ;-)

Don't you wonder why so many good CC members don't post anymore?
        In my opinion it's not just because of personal attacks being tolerated, but also for that.

Paolo

Comment

I think Paolo needs to get himself a office job! Maybe in Canada?

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
            Well I don't know how much time you and other mods have to montor CC ( and I understand it's not easy to monitor everything).

In general, from my point of view (but maybe it's just me) several times I have seen personal attacks that should have not been tolarated, in my opinion.
            Personally I felt attacked several times in the past and I have considered to stop posting, but for now I will resist, but I am going to be less nice ;-)

Don't you wonder why so many good CC members don't post anymore?
            In my opinion it's not just because of personal attacks being tolerated, but also for that.

Paolo
            Paolo~ I am all to aware why a number of members have stopped posting and it saddens me. Ultimately as members, you set the tone, if you are polite and kind, others will be so as well.

A suggestion, please flag a post or M a moderator if you think a thread is a problem, or a particular post. We do our best to stay on top of the forums but we do have lives and are busy.

I was criticised because I identified a member by name. Now, I simply address the entire thread and all who have posted. Let your conscious be your guide.

Every day I wake up is a good one

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
              When I first read rjg's comments, I thought that DA was back, a pissed off newbie or troll was posting. Looking for his profile I see there wasn't one; so too me he is just a troll. I don't mind being called dumb or a d-bag; just want to know who is saying it. Esp. one with only 90 posts on site.
              I do think rjg is a regular member using a new screen name to troll. We're not so dumb after all.

Comment

Originally posted by paolocipolla View Post
                I ofthen wonder when it is the case to ignore idiots that are not acting in support of a cure and when it is the case to fire back.

I believe that in the case of this idiot it is right to ignore him.
                Yes, it's difficult at times to discern if someone is just posting in a heated or passionate manner or if they're actually tolling and should be ignored.

Comment

Originally posted by Scorpion View Post
                  Yes, it's difficult at times to discern if someone is just posting in a heated or passionate manner or if they're actually tolling and should be ignored.
                  But why dismiss any discussions cause of that?

Comment

Paolo I was here in regards to your post 29 and since the beginning of this tread .
                    I like this forum

Like cheesecake said just pm a mod
                    I hope you all have a good sunday
                    Bye GL

Comment

Wheeling to Cure SCI makes stop in Fernley

9:00 PM, Jun. 16, 2011 |
                      Comments

By Betty Aleck

Fernley-A California man who is traveling across the United States in a motorized wheelchair made a stop in Fernley on Saturday evening on his journey to Washington, D.C.

Chad Dyreson's message is simple--to promote spinal cord research--and he is bringing awareness by traveling from his hometown of Riverside, CA, to the nation's capitol.

"It's (spinal cord research) is in the dark ages. My message is to get it out of the closet and get people talking about it," Dyreson said ,adding that more states in the U.S. need to support such research using stem cell research.

Dyreson said in California, researchers are using stem cells but non-embryonic cells for research, saying, "I'd like to see more (states) get involved."

He argues that spinal cord research receives less than 1% of funding from the federal government, and he would like to change that by talking to senators and congressmen once he reaches Washington.

He further contends that once research is approved and funded, often it's only for one year, which hampers any progress that was made.

Dyreson was injured 11 years ago in a motorcycle accident and has a "T-3 complete injury," which means he has no sensation and no voluntary movement from his neck down.

He pointed out, though, that he is not trying to advocate for funding for research for himself, but for children with such injuries.

"Chances of me walking again are slim to none. I'm doing this for the kids," he said.

more...

http://www.rgj.com/article/20110617/...0Valley%20News

Comment

Originally posted by Leif View Post
                        But why dismiss any discussions cause of that?
                        That's where the dumb part comes in. Dumb people hate - literally hate - any ideas that go against their own. There's no room for uncomfortable truths in a dumb guy's world. I'm not in the trolling business, and I certainly don't want to make anyone feel bad, so I should probably go away. The way the moderators here are up the ass of anyone whose message doesn't make john q. crippledassfoodstamprecipient feel good about his useless existence is not conducive to anything resembling debate. So, feel good everybody.

Comment

Originally posted by manouli View Post
                          Chad Dyreson's message is simple
                          Of course it is.

Comment

Back to topic :-)

Anybody has met the guy during his trip?

Wheeling cross country to raise money for spinal cord research. I am excited to do something to help in finding a cure for paralysis. With help from Next Steps Foundation, I decided to take my “Gas-Powered Wheelchair” on the road. Figured, what better way to get my message out to the great people of the United States than to do it in a wheelchair?.....

http://wheelingtocuresci.org/index.html

http://www.kmvt.com/news/local/124074819.html

Comment

What topic?

Comment

Back on Topic.....My friend Chet Dyreson made it to Washington DC today July 5th. 4,000 miles and 36 days later. He's in the New Jersey heading to New York if anyone wants to try to meet up with him. you can get a hold of him through his facebook page "wheeling to cure SCI"

Comment

Working...
                                X