Taiwan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jeffro

I believe reliable OEG therapies will start to become available abroad in two or three years.

isn't the russians and chinese doing oeg?
    what about alexion, whats the hold up with them?

Comment

OWW...

IF I LAUGH ANY HARDER

I WILL RUPTURE MY SPLEEN...

OW.... [img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
      1FineSpineRN

Comment

I know I am new here, but I must have missed something. I'm sorry but Bufolus is my maiden name.
        Can someone tell me what is going on?

somebody get us out of these chairs!

Comment

Did you get finger tied typing that...

My sentiments exactly, Mary. Well said.

Deb aka Able Bodied Deb (what the heck if we're going to be someone else).
          "Save the last dance for me!"

Comment

You would need to read that whole thread....

Then you might get it. Its the same guy. Start reading at the beginning of the thread, and follow along ( it is long), often we break out in to wars with each other, then everyone makes nice nice. This thread is on a rollercoaster right now and we won't know anymore about V, until V wants us to know about V. And Tad, and Rich....

Hey guys!!! Write me !! And Tad, you are right, he is gonna love this!!!

AND DEB: I'LL TELL YOU WHAT?? IF YOU WILL BE V, THEN THAT JUST MAKES OUR VACATION PLANS A WHOLE LOT SIMPLER NEXT YEAR.....HEE HEE
            1FineSpineRN

Comment

Oh and Nancy?

Before Wise Young jumps in to supply appropriate manners, welcome to Care/Cure, we are very happy to have you.

Mary
              1FineSpineRN

Comment

comedy central

Mary, your post to quadfather (whoever he is!) is priceless! Thanks for the best laugh of the week.

Kate

Comment

For the love of God will one of the moderators please move this thread to the Life Forum.

Oh, nevermind. [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey gvinton!!!

Tell the truth!!! You are vgrafen!!!!!

[img]/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forum/images/smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
                    1FineSpineRN

Comment

uncle tad,

Glad to see you enjoying the levity.

nancy,

Don't apologize. Take my hand I'll lead the way.

mary,

I think we're asking the same thing. It is that age old question pondered by many: where did I put my thorazine?

Comment

Actually Quadfather.....

You are the one who accused Nancy of having a bogus last name. She should not apologize, you should. In answer to your other question, hopefully in the midst of this horrific nightmare, breaking the tension with a little laughter will hopefully eliminate the need for thorazine in a person's life. Thank you Quadfather, for posting that list of crazy thoughts. I am happy to see that you admit to having them too. Now, I am rested enough to take a deep breath, step back and refocus on the issues at hand here. Jeff and DA have begun a new thread for the discussion of OEG therapies which will be the best place for folks to settle into for hard science discussion and sharing of information. This thread, begun by vgrafen was actually always meant to be about him, and a personal quest for some cure. So now he takes a holiday, and perhaps his thread should too. I still maintain that it does not belong in the Life Forum, perhaps we need a new forum, one about HEALING. Because that is where this thread really wants to go. Onward, carving its own path. Then again, I am not in charge. I just want to find a way to make angry, hurting, grieving people feel better. Now. While they WAIT. Because I am impatient too. If you want to know what the AB Nursing student is graduating and walking away with this May from Care Cure I will tell you.

SCI SUCKS.
                        THERE IS NOTHING NICE ABOUT THIS.
                        ITS A NASTY DIRTY DEGRADING MIND-NUMBING WAR.
                        AND SOME OF THE BEST PEOPLE I KNOW ARE FIGHTING THEIR WAY THROUGH EVERYDAY.
                        MY HEROS.

IM NOT KIDDING I REALLY THINK WE NEED A HEALING FORUM...

MARY
                        1FineSpineRN

Comment

I was a little put off by all this craziness, but Mary, with you leading and making sense out of things, I feel a lot better.

Spinal cord injury is terrible, it threatens to destroy my life every day, it already wrecked my marriage. I came here seeking solutions and found much more than that, though, I found caring, funny and thoughtful people. This forum is a amazing. Thank you all, and never stop.

Mary, I think quadfather is Uncle Tad, V and Gvinton. He's too smart not to be. My two cents.

Comment

Time to say something

This has been an amazing thread. Mary told me about it last week, and I read 9 pages in one sitting. Incredible.

Mary, I want to respond to some of the things you've recently posted. Yes, SCI sucks, but that doesn't mean there's nothing positive or beneficial that comes from it. I've seen Scott and many of his SCI peers forced to reach deep w/in themselves for inhuman strength, courage, patience, humility that would shame a saint. Does it make them perfect? Absolutely not! (And we know Scott is far from perfect! [img]/forum/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img] But it repeatedly demonstrates to a watching world (and, yes, folks they may not be seeking your friendship, or giving parades in your honor, but they are definitely watching) a certain grace and dignity in dealing with trauma and trial that speaks volumes. We all have it w/in ourselves, and God, fate, whatever you want to call IT, uses pain in all our lives to mold and purify and teach us things, first, about ourselves and life in general. And it teaches the people around us.

Let me tell you a story. When Scott and I were first married we attended church every Sunday, always sitting on the back row (the wheelchair row). There was another young couple who usually sat on the same pew. I didn't know them well, but they seemed so sickeningly perfect, I wasn't too interested in them.

Imagine my shock when the young woman approached us one morning and told Scott how much she admired him and all the trouble she knew he must go through to get to church every Sunday morning. (Little did she know!) She then admitted that every Sunday she struggled for the energy just to get out of bed to get ready for church. But then she would think of Scott, the fact that he had already been up an hour slowly, but determinedly getting ready. She said that always motivated her to get up and get going. And then she thanked him for being so faithful in his commitment.

That was 14 years ago. Just last year I learned that she committed suicide several years ago, that she'd struggled w/depression most of her life, and that it all finally got too much for her. I can't help but wonder if God used (most assuredly imperfect) Scott to keep that young woman motivated to fight for survival just a little longer than she might have if he'd never bothered w/the hassle--the exhausting hassle--of going to church all those Sundays.

Again, there are SO MANY people out there in "emotional wheelchairs," who are so crippled inside that they can't even begin to know how to reach w/in for the strength they already have. And, like this young woman, they turn to something outside themselves for relief from life, and it usually leads to death.

Sorry if I sound like I'm preaching. It's a bad habit of mine. I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about. And bottomline we are in complete agreement: SCI sucks!

Second, and this is just my humble opinion, but I think that Care/Cure is a TOTAL HEALING forum. It not only addresses the quest for a cure to SCI, but all the other physical, emotional, financial, relational, sexual, mental, occupational issues that facilitate the completion of the whole person, SCI or not. Sorta like holistic healing? Again, not trying to argue w/your suggestion; just making a point. I hope we're still buds. [img]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks Martha

I don't have a problem with anything you said. I could say the same about some of my friends here. That they inspire me, helping me through recent very hard times. I think that strength comes from being broken, and seeing your own face in your personal darkest hour. I did not mean to be a voice of gloom, rather to simply acknowledge a person's motivation for advocating for a cure. You are correct. The entire Care/Cure site is a forum for holistic healing and an exchange of truly valuable information. I liked the story you shared about Scott and church. I am sorry that the woman gave up on her life. I also know that there are many people who are injured who do not seem to want or be able to muster the same level of style and grace that Scott has. Some people for whatever reason struggle to move through life as easily, in the face of their sci. Often it is not for themselves that they cycle in grief, rather for the ones they love who suffer loss exponentially when their lives are twisted beyond recognition in that one split second in time. I have no idea why this thread went this way, I am not nor do I want to be its "leader".

I have enjoyed following this thread, and making relationships with some that were involved in it. I think though, like my buddy V, that it is time I check out, move on and keep learning new things with new people. Keep discussing the therapies and the hope we all share for the future. I will be here, reading the Cure threads soaking up what I can quietly.

I am not in charge, I am not the leader, I am a student content to sit at the feet of the masters.
                              I know the least of all, and need volumes of study and experience to ever hope to match wits with some of you, the bravest and greatest people I have known (including the ones who admit to being buttheads).

Quadfather- I like you...go figure.
                              Uncle Tad- be good to yourself.
                              RICH-BEHAVE YOURSELF
                              Nancy-sorry if I rattled you up.
                              vgrafen-get well, make more music

SeeYa
                              1FineSpineRN

Comment

But, Mary, we are all students here and yet there are voices amomngst us such as yours that are vital and rich with life, what you say you say so well, why would you take that now, people including myself enjoy and come to look for your voice, don't now silence that...

This thread evokes such sensitivities, so maybe it should be that, a place where the drive to be freed, to be cured from this log tied to our waists, is allowed to express and run its course, for me there, studying these pages of the last few days, don't you see this is where so many people and their hopes and dreams reside, where one can go to follow the course of the non-technical, the emotional and metaphysical side of the quest to be freed? You are one of our prinicple voices, our poets, Mary, we need you...

Comment

Working...
                                X