No announcement yet.

Just Published, the Cethrin results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I can't see here is what % of the Cervical patients recovered 2 or more ASIA levels vs. Thoracic.

I know i'm a c-5 and recovered from A to B or C spontaneously - just sitting on my rear. So I'm not really impressed with this study if the majority that improved 2 or more ASIA levels were Cervical injuries.

And I hope the 150% to 300% improvement vs. previous studies is "normalized" to take into account the same general mix of T vs. C injuries. just sayin - you can twist statistics easily.

Comment

Originally posted by ip View Post
      What I can't see here is what % of the Cervical patients recovered 2 or more ASIA levels vs. Thoracic.

I know i'm a c-5 and recovered from A to B or C spontaneously - just sitting on my rear. So I'm not really impressed with this study if the majority that improved 2 or more ASIA levels were Cervical injuries.

And I hope the 150% to 300% improvement vs. previous studies is "normalized" to take into account the same general mix of T vs. C injuries. just sayin - you can twist statistics easily.
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what the control group is for, isn't it?

I'm wondering how a combination of cethrin and hypothermic treatment would result.

Comment

Supposedly there's no control group:

"given the lack of randomisation and a placebo control arm"

Comment

There were no controls.
          !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Many completes regain some function simply because they were misdiagnosed, so without controls this drug trial strikes me as utter BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Tetracyclone View Post
            There were no controls.
            !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Many completes regain some function simply because they were misdiagnosed, so without controls this drug trial strikes me as utter BS.
            From my reading of the article this study was meant to assess the safety of the drug and now that it has been established that it can be administered with no apparent bad side effects they will now do a proper randomized study to assess its efficacy.

Comment

Working...
            X