• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Governor of VA to ban stem cell research

McDonnell Proposes Budget Amendment to Ban Stem-Cell Research

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/2...-ba-ar-816896/

Yet another dumb believer.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

Originally posted by 0xSquidy View Post
      Yet another dumb believer.
      It appears that he does not believe in anything!
      2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

If he/or a family member had an injury or illness in which stem cell therapy could potentially help him/them, he would be a believer!

Comment

Embroynic stem cell research was banned there in 2009, so his budget proposal is to include wording that state funds cannot be used also. Gov. McDonnell has said he believes in other stem cell research including adult stem cells, but offers no additional money for that. For the state trying to attract stem cell business, his personal scientific stance will surely hinder all those efforts.
          Last edited by GRAMMY; 02-28-2011, 10:20 AM. Reason: typo
          http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by chris arnold View Post
            It appears that he does not believe in anything!
            It appears that you should do more research and find out that he declares himself as a roman catholic. Just another corrupt and sick politician. Sick people make sick decisions.
            Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Comment

ox, as I've said, being a Roman Catholic doesn't equal stupidity. I'm a roman Catholic and a parapaplegic. I've thought and continue to think about it. When I see the criminasls , who pose as priests, get off scott free for abusing childen; the policy of the hierarchy is pick and choose. Yes abuse of the system would be bad but overwhelmingly, the Catholic population is in favor of embryonic stem cell research and application. The fact that nothing was done in the lame duck session for enhanceing stem cell research, tells me that it would be suicide to bring it up in this climate. Wise and others hopefully will provide success in any stem cell research and things will carry on.

keeping on

Comment

Obviously that many american competitors in the medicine market are happy with this kind of action.

Comment

Keeping on, is that a coincidence that 100% of the people against stem cell research are believers? Come on...
                  It's not that the rest of us don't do stupid things, but not with the same percentages.

Somebody who believes in talking snakes, hell and heaven, and other kind of crap, shouldn't be making scientific decisions (or decisions at all, for that matter...). I go by the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xSquidy View Post
                    Keeping on, is that a coincidence that 100% of the people against stem cell research are believers? Come on...
                    It's not that the rest of us don't do stupid things, but not with the same percentages.

Somebody who believes in talking snakes, hell and heaven, and other kind of crap, shouldn't be making scientific decisions (or decisions at all, for that matter...). I go by the facts.
                    Yet more religious assertions! These are not needed, and add nothing to the debate - all I would say is that many leading scientists are "believers", and also support stem cell research.
                    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Comment

Ox , they say they are believers. How mush trust do you put in a man's word vs his actions. Look who is voicing opinions of anti stem cell research (embryonic) and look at their other postions . these are fly by nighters who will be forgotten in the long run.

keeping on

Comment

Originally posted by chris arnold View Post
                        all I would say is that many leading scientists are "believers"
                        Fortunately, good scientific believers are very rare. But you can get confused by their social appearances.

Comment

he's just signing the thing so taxpayers money is not spent on it, like other states, va is hurting for cash
                          We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                          Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by keeping on View Post
                            When I see the criminasls , who pose as priests, get off scott free for abusing childen; the policy of the hierarchy is pick and choose.

These pedophiles among the Catholic clergy might not be priests in your eyes or the eyes of their God. Unfortunately, they are very much priests ordained, enabled and protected by the hierarchy of the Catholic Church.

Yes abuse of the system would be bad but overwhelmingly, the Catholic population is in favor of embryonic stem cell research and application.

Do you have evidence that you can post to support this contention? The defeat of the NJ bond to support stem cell research was spearheaded by the Catholic church calling on parishioners to vote against the bond. This would suggest that "the Catholic population" of at least the state of NJ is a force of opposition to the conduct of embryonic stem cell scientific investigation.

keeping on
                            Please note that I am not questioning your faith or your religion. I'm quite familiar with the catechism of the Catholic Church. I offer that one can believe both in God and science without contradiction. I'm not sure one can always believe in both the narrowest church doctrine authored in response to human interpretation of God's will, and the findings produced by scientific investigation. My comment and question speak to your statements, not your decision to be a Catholic.
                            Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Comment

Foolish old; we're in agreement.

keeping on

Comment

Working...
                              X