INFO ON 4AP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djas57
    thx dr young,shd i reduce the time interval from 24 hrs to 18 hrs.i am feeling that the drug's become less potent.
    the drug was compounded by college pharmacy as per my prescription,so it must be for od use
    I am not sure that I understand your abbreviations. What does OD mean. Once per day? Usually in the U.S., that is abbreviated as qd. Most SR (sustained release) formulations have lower biologic availability. In other words, because the drug is travelling down the gut, less of it is absorbed than the immediate release formulation (most of the absorption is occurring in the duodenum). Therefore, most SR formulation require higher dose and not lower doses.

I don't understand your OD and your taking of 30 mg OD. Let me explain why. Acorda Therapeutic's Fampridine SR formulation is taken twice a day (bid). Because the levels are much steadier and peak levels are not as high, Fampridine SR can be taken at nearly twice the dose, i.e. 40 mg bid. This is in contrast to the immediate release formulation where the recommended dose is 10 mg four time a day (10 mg qid).

Wise.

Comment

sorry about that.OD is once a day.thats how the Brits use this term.
      C4-5,incomplete, 27th Dec.2000

Comment

i lost ur slide lecture on sci.pls tell me the link
        C4-5,incomplete, 27th Dec.2000

Comment

Can someone give me a phonetic spelling of aminopyridine?

Just the pyridine part. I'm trying to get a local doc to write me a scrip, but am having trouble with the pronunciation of pyridine. It's hard enough just explaining why I want it.

Is it:

pire-a-deen
          pire-a-dine
          peer-a-deen
          peer-a-dine

thanks
          Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
          Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

pretty sure it's pronounced pir-a-deen.

edit... yup: http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...ary&q=pyridine
            Last edited by -scott-; 4 Oct 2006, 9:08 PM.

Comment

peer a dean ... but the researcher I spoke with is British dammit! lol
              Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Comment

Thanks guys, I think I can figure it out after your replies...they're about what I was thinking.
                Please donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org.
                Copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Thanks!

Comment

Even though it will be approved for MS. Will it be a recommended drug by all the SCI doctors?
                  "Some people say that, the longer you go the better it gets the more you get used to it, I'm actually finding the opposite is true."

-Christopher Reeve on his Paralysis

Comment

Working...
                  X