No announcement yet.

First patient treated in embryonic stem cell trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott, one way or another, the results will be public. Let's look forward and foster the future to be positive. Friends of mine have been calling me aobut the announcement. They have no idea how closely we watch this stuff. the fact they are now informed and will be watfching fo results is a good thing.

keeping on

Comment

Originally posted by 0xSquidy View Post
      The Wright brothers took off in 1903 for the first time with the first human-made "flying machine".
      What you said is very controversy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x9uldy9C_w&feature=fvst

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro5wk...=QL&playnext=1

Comment

I wasn't there and i won't do the research on who was first, but i think everyone got the point
        Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Comment

Floodgates? Results in six weeks? Comparing sci progress rate to that of airflight?

Yeah, you would be hard pressed to find a group of people more impatient than us, but aren't this is:
          - only one company,
          - only the very initial testing (safety only) ,
          - only in the acute stage injury,
          - only for low-level injury (thoracic),
          - with results to be withheld

However any progress being good progress, I just don't see much reason here not to charge my wheelchair tonite. Am I seeing things too half empty or what?

Comment

Originally posted by Tim C. View Post
            Yeah, you would be hard pressed to find a group of people more impatient than us, but aren't this is:
            - only one company,
            - only the very initial testing (safety only) ,
            - only in the acute stage injury,
            - only for low-level injury (thoracic),
            - with results to be withheld

However any progress being good progress, I just don't see much reason here not to charge my wheelchair tonite. Am I seeing things too half empty or what?

well at least we dont kill each other at the gates ... damn i lost my Vip ticket
            C5 with no grip/wrist ext. or triceps
            (DHAL) If you think you can, you will

Comment

This is great. It even feels better since it was so close to home. We live in a suburb of Atlanta and my husband still goes to Shepherd for therapy every week. I know there is still a long way to go, but it's closer now.

Comment

Tim and Dianka, everything starts somewhere, and we should be satisfied that Geron and Shepard are the firsts. Soon there will be others and I'm hopin gthey find sonethign for us chronics.

keeping on

Comment

Keeping on. This is not the first trial conducted at the shepherd center. You should take a break from carecure, go outside and get some fresh air and sun.
                  Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
                  CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

Comment

Donniw, I do every day; this is cause for excitement and celebration. Join in and be a part of a new age. Hope you get help from this also.

keepin on

Comment

Originally posted by coolbreeze View Post
                      Oh pls,pls,pls,pls 'GOD' let your powerful grace heal us all.
                      ditto
                      We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
                      Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by keeping on View Post
                        Donniw, I do every day; this is cause for excitement and celebration. Join in and be a part of a new age. Hope you get help from this also.

keepin on
                        yeah i was in atlanta as well for treatment ..... grt place i am sure we get in this century in next 5 yrs ihi i wish popp some babies heh
                        C5 with no grip/wrist ext. or triceps
                        (DHAL) If you think you can, you will

Comment

Politely requesting Wise commentary.

f
                          ight

Comment

Stem Cell Trial for Spinal Cord Injury Patients
                            Medical Watch
                            Katharin Czink WGN News

wgntv-stem-cell-spine-oct13
                            Christopher Reeve believed it would save his life. Ethical debate has kept it on the back burner. But now a revolutionary new study using stem cells for spinal cord injuries.

David Stukenborg: "This is the hardest work I have ever done in my life. After my injury I couldn't move anything but my arms a little bit."

Grasping tightly to the hope that he'll regain some function in his legs, it's been a series of baby steps for police officer David Stukenborg. Travelling at high speed when his tire blew and his vehicle flipped over ... the impact crushed David's neck ... a devastating injury to his spinal cord.

David Stukenborg: "Considering that I couldn't even sit on the edge of a bed by myself after my injury and now I can sit and balance myself ... Yeah, it was extremely hard after my injury."

Perhaps one day life will be a little easier for patients like David. That's what doctors hope will be the case as the first human clinical trial using embryonic stem cells in patients with spinal cord injuries moves forward.

Dr. Richard Fessler, Northwestern Medicine Neurosurgeon: "We do have to temper our excitement with reality and that is that this is the first study and it is a safety study and it is not likely that this study is going to cure paralysis. But we hope it will be a first step."

read....

http://www.wgntv.com/news/medicalwat...C4609766.story

Comment

Has anyone heard anything new on this???? any updates??

Comment

I'm waiting to hear some updated info. too. I did hear about more clinical trials are starting in different locations, to me that's great news. But any new news of individuals progress would be even better news .
                                coolbreeze c6/7

Keep on moving don't stop!

Comment

Working...
                                X