What are Regenerative therapies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Regenerative therapies?

When Dr Young says bladder bowel function can return through regenerative therapies. I can not undersatand what therapies these are?

Can you tell in detail Dr Young what are regenerative therapies? What involves in it and when these will be available for us? Any one doing at this stage?

Jawaid, this is the goal; of the trial commencing Oct 11th . The unbillical cord blood cell and lithium at the initial dose will finally begin and results will bel forthcoming. I assume , if successful, future trials will be at progressivly higher doses.

Comment

Originally posted by Jawaid View Post
      When Dr Young says bladder bowel function can return through regenerative therapies. I can not undersatand what therapies these are?

Can you tell in detail Dr Young what are regenerative therapies? What involves in it and when these will be available for us? Any one doing at this stage?
      Jawaid, there are times when I feel as if all my posts on this site are not being read or ignored. About a third of the posts that I have made on this site have something to do with regenerative therapies of the spinal cord. Many therapies have been reported to regenerate the spinal cord. These include Nogo antibodies, chondroitinase, lithium, neurotrophins (NT3, GDNF, and NGF), PTEN and mTOR, cAMP and rolipram, lithium, and others.

Wise.

Comment

List

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
        Jawaid, there are times when I feel as if all my posts on this site are not being read or ignored. About a third of the posts that I have made on this site have something to do with regenerative therapies of the spinal cord. Many therapies have been reported to regenerate the spinal cord. These include Nogo antibodies, chondroitinase, lithium, neurotrophins (NT3, GDNF, and NGF), PTEN and mTOR, cAMP and rolipram, lithium, and others.

Wise.
        How to know what (available) therapy would be good for me or any individual SCI case?

Any place [website] where we can get ALL significant regenerative therapies available Listed with explanations / pros / cons?

Thank you Dr. Wise!
        www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
        to what we know about nature
        Saint Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by comad View Post
          How to know what (available) therapy would be good for me or any individual SCI case?

Any place [website] where we can get ALL significant regenerative therapies available Listed with explanations / pros / cons?

Thank you Dr. Wise!
          There aren't any proven, available therapies right now.
          T5/6, ASIA A, injured 30 Nov 08
          Future SCI Alumnus.
          I don't want to dance in the rain, I want to soar above the storm.

Comment

We're waiting for these therapies to evolve. Sooner rather than later.

Comment

Here is just one of the available resources when you search for spinal cord regenerative therapies.

http://www.cirm.ca.gov/SpinalCordInjury_facts
              Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post

Wise.
                Dr. Young,

Previously, I read your post about what you define as a scar, which by the way was very encouraging to me, seeing that it reinforces in my mind the small improvements I continue seeing in function, nearly two years post accident, are not just a mere figment of my imagination . My question to you is, because of what your science is telling you about the true anatomy of the "scar", is this the reason Decorin will not be included as part of your clinical trials? For the bigger part, I'm understanding you do not feel that it is necessary to breakdown the area around the contusion or injury, in order for regeneration to take place? In ending, may I personally say thank you for all the dedication you have given our cause. I wish I had those millions of dollars needed for you to advance your treatments.
                Last edited by Patty41; 10-06-2010, 01:59 PM. Reason: spelling correction

Comment

Are these regenerative therapies being tested in clinical trials some where or still in laboratories? How much still needed as these therapies could come on himans?

Comment

Dr Young can you tell me which stem cells have more potential to cure spinal injuries? Do you think umbilical cord cells have enough potential than embryonic or fetal cells or fetal and embryonic have more potential to regenerate spinal cord?

Comment

Are these regenerative therapies being tested in clinical trials some where or still in laboratories? How much still needed as these therapies could come on himans?
                      Jawaid,

Take a look at the link pasted below. It's a fairly condensed update report by, I Believe Inc, in regard to the status of Dr. Young's SCINetUSA clinical trials. Just copy and past the entire link into your web browser. Also, Dr. Young has published updates here in the forum in which your able to search and read. Best wishes to you, Patty

http://www.ibelieveinc.org/index.php...skin&Itemid=77

Comment

Patty thank you for ur best wishes dear.

Well i have lumbosacral spinal injury so may be Dr Young's treatment might not work in my case that is why i m looking for regenerative therapies.

God bless you dear.

Comment

Patty thank you for ur best wishes dear.

Well i have lumbosacral spinal injury so may be Dr Young's treatment might not work in my case that is why i m looking for regenerative therapies.

God bless you dear.
                          Sorry for the added complexities of your SCI. We are luckier then some to be live during a time of rapidly advancing science. Fingers crossed for us all!!
                          Last edited by Patty41; 10-06-2010, 10:26 PM.

Comment

lithium

I've been using lithium orotate tablets, two a day and maybe 4 milligrams. Hasn't helped or worsened my spasticity, but may be helping with my stress. Don't know if more would be helpful.

Jan

Comment

Jawaid, there has been a lot of positive news about neuronal replacement recently.

Keep an eye out for Keirstead's SMA and NeuralStem's ALS trials as I understand that these technologies will provide hope for SCI also in the context of neuronal replacement.

Comment

Working...
                              X