No announcement yet.

UC Irvine Study Restores Motor Function in Mice With Chronic Spinal Cord Injury

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC Irvine Study Restores Motor Function in Mice With Chronic Spinal Cord Injury

Another mouse story but -
    According to Dr. Stephen Huhn, vice president and head of the central nervous system program at StemCells Inc., "the strong preclinical data we have accumulated to date will enable our transition to a clinical trial, which we plan to initiate in 2011."

http://www.sciencemagnews.com/human-...rd-injury.html

Those mice sure have all the luck.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Comment

Looks good but still only 1 month out. We want a trial of this nature 3-5 or more years out. Nonthe less, looks good and exciting. Mice will walk again , I gurantee it.

Comment

Originally posted by keeping on View Post
        Looks good but still only 1 month out. We want a trial of this nature 3-5 or more years out. Nonthe less, looks good and exciting. Mice will walk again , I gurantee it.
        Mice have a much shorter life span than humans, a 30 day old injury in a mouse is comparable to a several year old chronic inury in a human.

The Reeve-Irvine Research Center has a lot of positive momentum going with respect to positive/promising research and human trials, go team.

If we want these treatments in humans we as a community need to financially support the researchers that have the ability to translate them in to human trials.

Comment

Agreed, Rick. Tell me where to send the check...

Comment

Originally posted by mom277 View Post
            Agreed, Rick. Tell me where to send the check...
            Too funny....But I do have the contact information if you are serious.

Comment

Contact info

I'd like to know the contact info.

Comment

Working...
              X