Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if they disclosed the ASIA score and Lesion level of patient 1.0 ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by boda View Post
      Does anyone know if they disclosed the ASIA score and Lesion level of patient 1.0 ?

Thanks
      All subjects in this trial are ASIA A. We do not provide information on individual patients. Wise.

Comment

Thanks Dr.Young

Comment

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
          The first case was one on the 29th of November. It was, I believe, the first spinal cord injury cell transplant operation in Hong Kong history. The surgery went well. The patient did not have any neurological change afterward. In addition to the daily care and exams, the subject will be receiving formal examinations at 6 weeks, 6 months, and a year. I am hopeful, of course.

The next case has been tentatively scheduled for around the middle of December.

Wise.
          thanks you for all the hard work you have don and put in to this I would say there was times that you felt like giving up . glad you didn't if you

just delighted to see that progress is bring made
          AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Comment

This clinical trial is a gift of love and courage by many to our community.

Wise.[/QUOTE]

Amen !
            keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

the culmination of this is so awesome
              "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
              Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Well done on finally getting the thing moving Dr Young. Fingers crossed we have some positive outcomes over the coming months. Exciting times.

Comment

Let's all hope that those who get therapy will recover some function. It's going to be a long road and bumpy to say the least, but it is a road going forward. Let's also hope that Geron's trial will prevent many people from spending their lives in chairs.
                  we are in a transition period, no doubt about it. Let's watch and support those who are initiaing the trials and those receiving the trials,

Moving ahead
                  keeping on

Comment

Congratulations on a sucessful transplantation-delighted surgery went well-it was my main concern.
                    Funny enough,I was 'walking' my daughter about an hour ago on parallel bars and she was disgusted with the image in the mirror and said it wasn't proper walking and said out loud that she wished the scientists would hurry up and find a way to fix her spinal cord!She is coming seven, injured 2 years.
                    Dying to tell her the news but a week is a long time in a child's life let alone years and kind of have to rein myself in.
                    THanks for filling us in and let your team know how much we appreciate all the effort. Take care, Sonia.x

Comment

Originally posted by noirin's mum View Post
                      Congratulations on a sucessful transplantation-delighted surgery went well-it was my main concern.
                      Funny enough,I was 'walking' my daughter about an hour ago on parallel bars and she was disgusted with the image in the mirror and said it wasn't proper walking and said out loud that she wished the scientists would hurry up and find a way to fix her spinal cord!She is coming seven, injured 2 years.
                      Dying to tell her the news but a week is a long time in a child's life let alone years and kind of have to rein myself in.
                      THanks for filling us in and let your team know how much we appreciate all the effort. Take care, Sonia.x
                      Sonia,

Noirin is right. We should hurry up. There should be not just one but many clinical trials of the most promising therapies of chronic spinal cord injury.

As you may know, we will be planning a trial of umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells and lithium treatment at Shriner's hospitals in Philadelphia for kids between ages 8 to 17. This is of course assuming that we show that the treatment is safe and that it restores some function in our current trials. I must continue to remind people that this is only the first case and we have 39 left to do (19 more in Hong Kong) and 20 in Kunming. We have a lot of work ahead of us and everybody is rolling their sleeves to get it done.

Wise.

Comment

Did I imagine it, or was there a description of the lesion in a previous message? I guess it was deleted for privacy? It was very interesting.

Comment

Dr. Young, congratulations and my heartfelt thanks to you and everybody else who toiled to make this beginning a reality. This indeed is a new era in SCI treatment/cure. I look forward to the results of this and the many other critical trials you are thinking about. I have real hope now that the proverbial next five years would see realizable functional improvement/cure. Having said that I still want results now rather than waiting five years LOL.

Sonia,

Noirin is right. We should hurry up. There should be not just one but many clinical trials of the most promising therapies of chronic spinal cord injury.

As you may know, we will be planning a trial of umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells and lithium treatment at Shriner's hospitals in Philadelphia for kids between ages 8 to 17. This is of course assuming that we show that the treatment is safe and that it restores some function in our current trials. I must continue to remind people that this is only the first case and we have 39 left to do (19 more in Hong Kong) and 20 in Kunming. We have a lot of work ahead of us and everybody is rolling their sleeves to get it done.

Wise.
                          Do you have all the other 19 clinical trial patients identified in Hong Kong? What is the expected date to finish the initial transplantation on all 20? When do you expect to begin transplanting the cells in Kunming? I remember you indicating earlier that trial patients in Kunming were more easily forthcoming. Have you identified eligible trial patients in Kunming already? When are the 20 in Kunming expected to finish getting the initial transplantation? Would it take a year after that to collate and assess the safety/efficacy results from these phase 2 trials before the phase 3 trials are initiated? Thanks.

Comment

Dr Young , Wooo ,a clinical trial in shriners!? We are seen by them twice a year and. chose them over CHOP specifically because of their privately funded research. My daughter is a c/1 - c/2 on a vent. Does that cause complications for her eligibilty in a clinical trial? Afraid to hear your answer. Thank you for all your work and congratulations on the commencement of your trial in China.

Comment

Dr Young can u plz tell me if u get some very good results which we r hoping and praying in phase2 trials then do u think i should try to participate in phase3 trials in india for my L1 injury's treatment? Will i be able to participate in phase3 in india? What u can do for me?

Comment

John, thank you.

I was thinking on the long flight back home that all this could not and would not have been without the support and hard work of the neurosurgeons and their staff (Dr. Waisang Poon and his fellow neurosurgeons at the Prince-of-Wales Hospital, Dr. Kent Tsang who got up very early on Monday morning to prepare the cells for transplants, and Dr. Gilberto Leung and his staff at Queen Mary Hospital who will be doing the next case), the incredible work of Suzanne Poon and her friends who raise funds for ChinaSCINet, and the deep commitment of Ken Giacin (CEO of Stemcyte) and Stemcyte who provided the best quality HLA-matched umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells for the trial.

Hundreds of people contributed to this trial and I am so grateful to them for their hard work and generosity. Above all, I want to thank the people who have volunteered for the trial, the people who took the risk so that we know whether this treatment works and is safe. In the coming month, the pace of the transplants will accelerate. When it is no longer news and the excitement of the first case fades, the doctors, radiologists, and nurses will continue to collect the data and take good care of the people who have volunteered their bodies for the trial. In the weeks and months preceding the trial, the team worked day and night to make sure that all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed, that no stone was left unturned to ensure the safety of the treatment, and that quality of the surgery and cells was impeccable.

This clinical trial is a gift of love and courage by many to our community.

Wise.
                                Dr. Young,

Way to go... You are a role model in the field of SCI research and clinical trials! You are doing everything you can in your power in realizing hope for thousands and millions of us from around the world for a cure to come.

You are such an unforgettable great person in our lives!!
                                Last edited by poonsuzanne; 3 Dec 2010, 11:14 AM.
                                Suzanne

Comment

Working...
                                X