This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nrf View Post
    Thank god Dr.Young is hard at it but he can tend to be overly optimistic with projections. I have learned over the years to not expect timeline projections be a promise as much as a best case scenario. Everything he said he was going to do he has done, I think he may be as or more anxious than us for speedy and positive results. Dr. Young stated at his open house three months after the first Hong Kong patients were injected that he had seen positive sensory improvements and couldn't wait to see cell/rigorous PT results from China in the near future.
    Funny you say that because at the April Open House Dr. Young said he was guilty of being overly optimistic with his predictions regarding the start of the trials in Brackenridge. There are just so many things that don't go as planned, if I listed the all the issues that have been overcome, you would be amazed.

Comment

Jim each video that is presented is overwheliming convincing that a cure is happenign and is going to be available to many. wise's efforts and his commintment to research is undoubtable. to thos e in China and Hong Kong; amy they continue to improve and maythey walk and may their improvement s be shown on tv for all to see. ' As I said, our back and forth talking on thsi forum must be quite amusing to you guys. Spinal injuires will be beaten and hope is alive, especially for the young and those to come.
      Anthony

Comment

The proof is in the data, time will tell...

Comment

Jim I know that is the answer at this time. wise's video seems to point to efficay. It will be nice when we hear that from either of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
            Funny you say that because at the April Open House Dr. Young said he was guilty of being overly optimistic with his predictions regarding the start of the trials in Brackenridge. There are just so many things that don't go as planned, if I listed the all the issues that have been overcome, you would be amazed.
            I hope Dr. Young doesn't take my post as an attack, it certainly wasn't meant that way. I can only imagine the obstacle course a clinical trial must be, two continents can't make it easier. Thank You for all the work you do.

ARE WE ALMOST THERE YET! LOL

Comment

Not taken that way at all

Comment

After watching the webcast of Wise at the Rutgers Open House, I felt much more optimistic regarding the direction of Dr. Young's trial. I just have a couple of questions for Dr. Young:

- Dr. Young, in your lecture, you were talking about the improvement of walking for the patients. What are your expectations for the hand and arm functions, and how are you going to measure and enhance improvement, particularly with quadriplegic patients?

- Also, what are your expectations for the patients in your trial regarding BB and sexual functions?

I ask these questions because I noticed that you were stressing more on walking VS other functions.

Again, I thank you so much for everything that you are doing, and I wish you and us the best of luck.

Rashad

Comment

Originally posted by sam i am View Post
                  After watching the webcast of Wise at the Rutgers Open House, I felt much more optimistic regarding the direction of Dr. Young's trial. I just have a couple of questions for Dr. Young:

- Dr. Young, in your lecture, you were talking about the improvement of walking for the patients. What are your expectations for the hand and arm functions, and how are you going to measure and enhance improvement, particularly with quadriplegic patients?

- Also, what are your expectations for the patients in your trial regarding BB and sexual functions?

I ask these questions because I noticed that you were stressing more on walking VS other functions.

Again, I thank you so much for everything that you are doing, and I wish you and us the best of luck.

Rashad
                  sam i am, what did dr wise talk about in the webcast ?

Comment

I was watching the april open house and heres some notes I took. I didnt finish watching the video yet but this was all said between 25-40 minutes. These aren't exact quotes from Dr.Wise but very close to what he was saying. This is really exciting hearing him talk about the patients progress and his plans for the future.

We are seeing some sensory recovery and we are also seeing some patients walk.
                    (stage 1) sitting.
                    (stage 2) standing and somebody holds their knees so they dont buckle.
                    (stage 3) Usually after a week or 2 they are standing without somebody having to hold their knees.
                    (stage 4) Then they start taking swinging steps and usually need somebody behind to pull and lock their knees when taking steps.
                    (stage 5) Not needing help with their knees.
                    A majority of patients are in stage 2 and 3. A few are in stage 4 and 5. Some patients from earlier groups are beginning to take steps and are in stage 4 or 5.

SCINet usa phase 2 trial hopefully starting this September starting with 20 patients.
                    phase 3 trial in 2013 with 120 patients.

6 centers in India. 3 centers in Norway. Planning to do 60 patients a piece in each one of those
                    c6 inc since 2-19-11
                    ex pro-am motocross racer
                    tilite aero z s2

Comment

Originally posted by Wills77 View Post
                      I was watching the april open house and here is some notes I took.

We are seeing some sensory recovery and we are also seeing some patients walk.
                      (stage 1) sitting.
                      (stage 2) standing and somebody holds their knees so they dont buckle.
                      (stage 3) Usually after a week or 2 they are standing without somebody having to hold their knees.
                      (stage 4) Then they start taking swinging steps and usually need somebody behind to pull and lock their knees when taking steps.
                      (stage 5) Not needing help with their knees.

A majority of patients are in stage 2 and 3. A few are in stage 4 and 5. Some patients from earlier groups are beginning to take steps and are in stage 4 or 5.
                      These are pretty much the stages of recovery we see on lots of patients that workout and do intense exercises but with no special treatments. Good rehabilitation is very important with sci.
                      http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/

Comment

I would like to add that these patients are in the most intensive walking program anywhere in the world. They are "walking" with as much assistance as necessary for 6 hrs a day, 6 days a week. Impressive recovery was seen in many patients prior to this trial. We need to see the data at 6/12 months before we jump to any conclusions.
                        Last edited by Jim; 20 Apr 2012, 7:45 PM.

Comment

They were all complete asia a?

Comment

Originally posted by sam i am View Post

Rashad
                            Im with you in that one. I can live without walk, but not without hands/arms.
                            -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Comment

Really some good recovery coming out from trial. I m sure this will increase as days go on.

Comment

Sorry guys but if we really are going to hear about credible improvement it will not be through internet forums

Comment

Working...
                                X