• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Imight View Post
    umph

Same thought here
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

• does it mean that the trial has failed ? another 5 years ?

Comment

• Don't be rediculous, the trial has not failed. Only recently have a few patients received the highest dose of cord blood + lithium. Patience

Comment

• What would be significant? 2-3 changes in neurological function?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
            There have not been any significant changes in the chronic SCI trials to date. Hong Kong has done 8 patients to date and Kunming has done 18. There have been six adverse events so far, none directly due to the transplants. Some 12 month followup data is now available from the Hong Kong and the first of the 6 month followups from the Kunming study are becoming available at the beginning of March.

Wise.
            dr wise,"not any significant"
            You mean clinical plan or patients?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scaper1 View Post
              What kind of adverse events, if you may?
              Things like thrombophlebitis, cerebrospinal fluid leak, wound healing, possible fractures of bone. So far, no neurological loss related to the actual transplants. Wise.

Comment

• Wise your upcoming meeting at Rutgers. Will there be any update or progress of those trasplanted with the therapy? Any critcal assessments of other trials going on at thsi time.

Anthony

Comment

There have not been any significant changes in the chronic SCI trials to date. Hong Kong has done 8 patients to date and Kunming has done 18. There have been six adverse events so far, none directly due to the transplants. Some 12 month followup data is now available from the Hong Kong and the first of the 6 month followups from the Kunming study are becoming available at the beginning of March.

Wise.
                  dr wise,you said"not any significant change",You mean the chronic SCI trials plan have not changed or patients have not any recovery?

Comment

• Originally posted by east dragon View Post
                    dr wise,you said"not any significant change",You mean the chronic SCI trials plan have not changed or patients have not any recovery?
                    yea, i took it as the trial setup/plans have not changed. he had already said some patients have gained some recovery. looks like others took it the other way. still unsure here.

Comment

• Dr Wise or anyone elese who may know, how many levels of function does a trial have to show improvement on for it to be given the ok by the FDA? Is it a standard number or will 1 level be enuf? Thanks

Comment

Kyle,

In human, the phrenic nucleus is located at C3, C4, and C5. In rat and most subprimate species, it is located at C4 and C5. It is very plastic. Just the part of the nucleus at C3 is able to do much of the breathing. For that reason, most people who have had C4/5 injuries often are able to wean off the ventilator.

In our clinical trials, because we are injecting the cells into the spinal cord above and below the injury site, we did not want to inject cells into the phrenic nucleus and potentially damage it. That is why we have limited the cases to C5 neurological level (the subjects should have good biceps).

Let me illustrate. A person has an injury to the C5 spinal cord, that person may have a C4 neurological level (i.e. the lowest "intact" level). In such a case, we would be injecting into C3 or into the margin between C3 and C4 for the transplant above the injury site.

We didn't want to take the risk of damaging the remaining phrenic nucleus. If our trials show that the cell transplants are safe and beneficial, we plan to propose a clinical trial for C4 tetraplegics or higher by injecting into the injury site and below the injury site but not above the injury site.

Wise.

dear Professor wise young my cervical fracture and c5c6 my neurological level and c5 my deltoids and biceps functions normally I born not sensitivity function motor below c6 that I could participate in clinical trials in the United States or in norway?

Comment

• dr wise,you said"not any significant change",You mean the chronic SCI trials plan have not changed or patients have not any recovery?

Comment

• so are we looking at more like 2013 for the US? whats the cut off criteria for injury date?

Comment

• Originally posted by east dragon View Post
                              It could mean that no safety issues came a long , so far no complications. Next step effectiveness.

Comment

• Please stop with all these speculations. The trials are progressing. We are doing our very best to make sure that the data is collected and the trials are continuing as best as they can. It is too early to say anything about recovery. Wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X