Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wise, would you consider, if all went well, having a therapy go into 'general' use, for example the cord blood and lithium treatment you are testing now, while carrying on testing other therapies?

I think what I am thinking is that cord blood and lithium may treat some injuries very well and therefore it would be frustrating to hold it back while testing other treatments.

Comment

time is our only enemy
      www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
      to what we know about nature
      Saint Augustine

Comment

Originally posted by Christopher Paddon View Post
        Wise, would you consider, if all went well, having a therapy go into 'general' use, for example the cord blood and lithium treatment you are testing now, while carrying on testing other therapies?

I think what I am thinking is that cord blood and lithium may treat some injuries very well and therefore it would be frustrating to hold it back while testing other treatments.

I agree
        "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
        Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Why not do several clinical trials during the same period?just because money?

Comment

Hello Wise, what is your opinion on schawn cells that Univerity of Miami is going to use for its clinical trials?

Brent

Comment

Christopher,

If umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells UCBMC and lithium show any benefit, it will become the standard therapy. It UCBMC is effective, further clinical trials would compare new therapies against UCBMC+Li. We are of course now looking at the next set of therapies. It takes years to prepare therapies for trial. Believe me, I have no interest in holding back any therapy if data supports its use.

Wise.

Comment

When will we know?

Originally posted by Wise Young View Post
                Christopher,

If umbilical cord blood mononuclear cells UCBMC and lithium show any benefit, it will become the standard therapy. It UCBMC is effective, further clinical trials would compare new therapies against UCBMC+Li.

Wise.
                Dear Dr Young,

I'm sorry if you have already answered this question (I don't think you have recently), but when will you announce conclusions for the Phase I-II trials? I know you did not get as many subjects as planned in Hong Kong -- does this mean the trial results cannot be considered conclusive? Any news on the 400 subject Phase III trial in Kunming?
                Thanks in advance, Dr. Young. Your work keeps hope alive.

Comment

Hi Dr Wise:

we met in Phoenix, AZ in the last "Learning 2 Walk" seminar. I have an 11 year old son with incomplete SCI whose had a chronic damage for the last 3 years. You mentioned that Shriner's Philadelphia was going to start some "Stem Cell Clinical Trials" hopefully this year. Could you expand some more on which types of trials and how are things going with these trials, in case they've started already?

Also, how do these trials compare to the "Autologous Stem Cells for Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) in Children" being recruited in Houston right now?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Rivera View Post
                    Hi Dr Wise:

we met in Phoenix, AZ in the last "Learning 2 Walk" seminar. I have an 11 year old son with incomplete SCI whose had a chronic damage for the last 3 years. You mentioned that Shriner's Philadelphia was going to start some "Stem Cell Clinical Trials" hopefully this year. Could you expand some more on which types of trials and how are things going with these trials, in case they've started already?

Also, how do these trials compare to the "Autologous Stem Cells for Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) in Children" being recruited in Houston right now?

Thanks
                    I think I posted in the wrong place. I'll just add to my question in the Clinical Trials Forum. I just hadn't seen Grammy's reply. Thanks

Comment

Hmmm things are quiet. Guess that's not a very good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by Imight View Post
                        Hmmm things are quiet. Guess that's not a very good sign.
                        We are working hard recruiting patients to the Hong Kong trial. As a result of the publicity associated with our April fundraiser, we have received many enquiries from people with spinal cord injury to join the Hong Kong study. Our teams there are evaluating them. In the meantime, the first cell shipments are heading for Kunming and we hope to start the trial there soon.

Wise.

Comment

Wise, are there any indications that some feeling and function is returning at this early stage?

thanks - keeping my fingers and toes crossed

Comment

am I a bastard for thinking that the trials have been initiated long enough ago that we should know if umbilical cord blood + lithium + methyl should already be known if it's yielding positive results?

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

I thought the results of exercise could not possibly be known yet but I thought maybe some neurological changes could have been evident

Comment

I thought the results of exercise could not possibly be known yet but I thought maybe some neurological changes could have been evident
                                true...?

Comment

Working...
                                X