No announcement yet.

ChinaSCINet Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's not cheap but there are body weight supported/"lite gaits" with treadmills available to be leased for about $200 - $300 a month. After a couple of years you own it.

It's certainly an expense, but it's probably the most realistic and safe way to get moving.

​​​​​For people who are motor complete I would imagine a couple of therapists would need to help which would obviously make the sessions much more expensive. I don't know. But for incomplete injuries with the ability to move a bit, it is extremely useful...

That device helped me get from off weighting significantly to just using the harness for safety to not using the harness at all to getting off of a platform walker and being able to use a regular walker to get around short distances.

30-45 minutes is the most I've ever done per day and I got those results. If I can just get my old butt to do 6 hours a day 6 days a week, I truly think it would change my life. Amazing that knowing that and I still can't bring myself to do it... Maybe if I was in my 20s . I just need something to give me the energy and motivation. That's another story. The point is that this thing is very useful and I suggest anyone wanting to get moving look into it.

With a doctor's blessing of course.

Comment

Hi Mitchitsu, could you me the information about the body weight support/life gait with treadmill ? The place the sell or lease it and how much to buy. Thanks Mitchitsu.

Comment

Anyone here have any experience/comments on the Italian rehab facility? I'm thinking of giving it a try...
        https://www.centrogiusti.eu/

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchitsu View Post

30-45 minutes is the most I've ever done per day and I got those results. If I can just get my old butt to do 6 hours a day 6 days a week, I truly think it would change my life. Amazing that knowing that and I still can't bring myself to do it... Maybe if I was in my 20s . I just need something to give me the energy and motivation. That's another story. The point is that this thing is very useful and I suggest anyone wanting to get moving look into it.
          Maybe a gorgeous naked lady just ahead of you?
          69yo male T12 complete since 1995
          NW NJ

Comment

I fully support people getting moving and some of the systems out there are good for that. The only csveat I would echo is to get a physician’s clearance before starting. If you haven’t used those bones in awhile for standing, it could be a problem.
            ckg
            The SCI-Nurses are advanced practice nurses specializing in SCI/D care. They are available to answer questions, provide education, and make suggestions which you should always discuss with your physician/primary health care provider before implementing. Medical diagnosis is not provided, nor do the SCI-Nurses provide nursing or medical care through their responses on the CareCure forums.

Comment

This device they use is interesting-\ https://www.cyberdyne.jp/english/products/HAL/

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                This device they use is interesting-\ https://www.cyberdyne.jp/english/products/HAL/
                Hal is already many years in use of Japanese health professionals.
                I can see they have European model now!
                I guess this Euro model might be capable to move large patients.
                Does anyone knows what would be limitations for this device Injury level wise along with limits for height & weight of patient?
                And also what could be price for full lower body support system?
                www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
                to what we know about nature
                Saint Augustine

Comment

• niallel
                  niallel commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think it's a clinic only device, not for home use yet. From the last time I asked them they only lease it and don't sell it. Struggling to find the emails now, but think it was thousands a month.
              Working...
              X