This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moe View Post
    I was at the open house this month, Dr. Wise and crew seem anxious to start as soon as they can, still awaiting for that slow IRB's green light to start. I was impressed seeing a 666 walker improoved prototype. They seem prepared & ready to go. met one of the involved surgeons Dr Bob Heary, he answered many questions and I felt his passion into the field. They're really working hard on this, I'm glad I came, it helped to clear my mind. Thanks for the good work guys.

Cool beans Moe
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

I was at the open house this month, Dr. Wise and crew seem anxious to start as soon as they can, still awaiting for that slow IRB's green light to start. I was impressed seeing a 666 walker improoved prototype. They seem prepared & ready to go. met one of the involved surgeons Dr Bob Heary, he answered many questions and I felt his passion into the field. They're really working hard on this, I'm glad I came, it helped to clear my mind. Thanks for the good work guys.
      Thanks Moe!

Comment

"he answered many questions"

What were your questions? What were their answers?

Comment

Originally posted by spayne View Post

Dozens of questions were made at the end of the presentation, my question was about marketing: if the trial was successful, how it would be handled. My fear was it would end up on the wrong hands sold to another biotech company holding on to it and use it just for another stock marketing toy... I learned afterwards that Stemcyte is been sponsoring this since day1 which gave me confidence in this trial.
          "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
          ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

We had 2 students take notes, Dr. Morton is summarizing 13 pages, will post soon.

Comment

Did you get to see the video?

Dozens of questions were made at the end of the presentation, my question was about marketing: if the trial was successful, how it would be handled. My fear was it would end up on the wrong hands sold to another biotech company holding on to it and use it just for another stock marketing toy... I learned afterwards that Stemcyte is been sponsoring this since day1 which gave me confidence in this trial.

The video of people walking ?

Did they grant you a temporary top secret crypto special access to sensitive compartmentalized information to view the video?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                We had 2 students take notes, Dr. Morton is summarizing 13 pages, will post soon.
                Awesomeness
                "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

The video of people walking ?

Did they grant you a temporary top secret crypto special access to sensitive compartmentalized information to view the video?
                  What video of people walking??

Yes they gave me a free pass to area 51 to watch the video blindfolded, gagged and strapped into my chair... Then those dam men in black suites neurolysed me and sent my ass back to Canada.
                  ― DaShanne Stokes

Comment

What video of people walking??

Yes they gave me a free pass to area 51 to watch the video blindfolded, gagged and strapped into my chair... Then those dam men in black suites neurolysed me and sent my ass back to Canada.
                    http://www.newmobility.com/2016/07/china-trials/

Go to the end of the page and watch Dr. Wise Young. The first 1 minute 15 he talks about the videos.

Comment

Go to the end of the page and watch Dr. Wise Young. The first 1 minute 15 he talks about the videos.
                      That publication is from July 2016, not July 2019.
                      ― DaShanne Stokes

Comment

That publication is from July 2016, not July 2019.
                        So did you see the videos from 2016?

Comment

So did you see the videos from 2016?
                          I wasn't there in 2016.
                          ― DaShanne Stokes

Comment

Has anyone here on this site seen the videos?

At 21m30s - 22m and 31m 53s he talks about the videos.

If you have seen the videos can you please describe how fast the people walk and their walking quality.

Comment

This thread makes me very sad. I joined this group years ago when my oldest was in high school and with friends when one of them dove into the shallow end of a pool, crushing C5 and paralyzed. It's been almost 15 years.... his friends life has been very, very difficult. I had faith that clinical trails would restore some function for him and others. I sent some $$ to many of these trials including SCI China. Fifteen yeas and nothing to speak of. The paralyzed are still paralyzed. Clinical trials are not happening in the US with the exception of the exoskeleton suits which bring back some mobility for those in the trials.

Comment

Wise's trial in the US is in the pipeline and there is a clinical trial for chronic cervical injuries currently recruiting in the US, go to ReNetX.com. Everyone shares your frustration and I'll say thank you for caring! Turn sadness into pushiness, nudge your senators and congressmen, they need to hear your voice and allocate more $$ to support. Scientists are working hard, more and more translational studies are planned. U2FP has some good podcasts that are inspiring, have a listen. It's pretty cool knowing someone touched by SCI as an acquaintance still cares, thank you.

Comment

Working...
                                X