Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jim, Wise has said that though the patients in Phase II could walk with CPG they couldn't lift their legs up from a lying position. Do you know if any of them could negotiate stairs/steps, pedal an exercise bike or swim?
    Thanks

Comment

Jim, is Wise back in America, if not; when does he get back and about when is the next official clinical update from chinascinet
      "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
      Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
        Jim, is Wise back in America, if not; when does he get back and about when is the next official clinical update from chinascinet
        Yea I would love to hear from Dr. Wise. I'm very interested to hear if the paper was submitted.

Comment

Originally posted by tumbleweeds View Post
          Jim, Wise has said that though the patients in Phase II could walk with CPG they couldn't lift their legs up from a lying position. Do you know if any of them could negotiate stairs/steps, pedal an exercise bike or swim?
          Thanks
          None were able to climb stairs, not sure about now.

Not sure if/when subjects from ChinaSCINet will be examined again. I know raising money to do this has been been discussed, but Wise has been incredibly busy setting up these trials in 3 countries.

Comment

Jim, I can be pretty forgetful so I apologize if I have already asked this but will the possible improvements in bowel, bladder and sexual function be reported on in the next publication

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

No need to apologize luna.

There is no next publication from the ChinaSCINet IIa/b Clinical Trials. The next paper to come out will be on Lithium for Neuropathic Pain- http://www.chinascinet.org/index.php...146&Itemid=129 This trial has been completed and will be published soon. Lithium is very effective eliminating severe neuropathic pain. Not much of an effect on moderate pain.

The next step is approval of the Phase IIb trial here in the US, India, and Taiwan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                No need to apologize luna.

There is no next publication from the ChinaSCINet IIa/b Clinical Trials. The next paper to come out will be on Lithium for Neuropathic Pain- http://www.chinascinet.org/index.php...146&Itemid=129 This trial has been completed and will be published soon. Lithium is very effective eliminating severe neuropathic pain. Not much of an effect on moderate pain.

The next step is approval of the Phase IIb trial here in the US, India, and Taiwan.

OK the exact wording of my question was incorrect but the 'meat' of my question still remains; "Will possible improvements or changes in Bowel, bladder and sexual function be analyzed and put in the publication of...in the near-future"

Comment

Jim, I sometimes use lithium orotate tablets for anxiety, but never thought they'd help with the slight neuropathic pain in my left toes. I used to use gabapentin for that, but it affected my walking ability and now I use a pain cream. Do you know anything about lithium orotate? Thanks!-Jan

Comment

OK the exact wording of my question was incorrect but the 'meat' of my question still remains; "Will possible improvements or changes in Bowel, bladder and sexual function be analyzed and put in the publication of...in the near-future"
                    I don't know if/when the patients will be reexamined. They fulfilled their agreement by being examined at 6 months, 12, and 24. Another examination would yield very important information, I hope they do it. Unfortunately, Wise has no time to organize this.

Originally posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
                    Jim, I sometimes use lithium orotate tablets for anxiety, but never thought they'd help with the slight neuropathic pain in my left toes. I used to use gabapentin for that, but it affected my walking ability and now I use a pain cream. Do you know anything about lithium orotate? Thanks!-Jan
                    It is an incredible finding that a six week course of lithium greatly reduced/eliminated neuropathic pain, long term. There is much to learn.
                    I see that orotate is available over-the-counter, so it's properties are probably much different.

Comment

I don't know if/when the patients will be reexamined. They fulfilled their agreement by being examined at 6 months, 12, and 24. Another examination would yield very important information, I hope they do it. Unfortunately, Wise has no time to organize this.

It is an incredible finding that a six week course of lithium greatly reduced/eliminated neuropathic pain, long term. There is much to learn.
                      I see that orotate is available over-the-counter, so it's properties are probably much different.
                      Naw, not the phase that is happening in china currently, I meant in the future usa trials, are possible changes in bbs going to to be looked at and documented then

Comment

if you don't know... But I am sure you do: that is even more important than the stepping aspect to me and some

Comment

Naw, not the phase that is happening in china currently, I meant in the future usa trials, are possible changes in bbs going to to be looked at and documented then
                          Ohhh.

Absolutely, that will all be looked and measured very closely.

Comment

Ohhh.

Great

Comment

Ohhh.

How will that be "measured closely" Jim?

Comment

Originally posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
                                How will that be "measured closely" Jim?
                                With a ruler of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X