Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last I heard, a few progressed enough to walk around the house with a walker, not very life changing.
    Will be interesting to see if they are still making progress.

The changes in the Spinal Cord Independence Measure (SCIM) scores, especially bowel and bladder, were the surprises of the trial. Hopefully will repeat.
    In the IIb trials bowel, bladder, and sexual function will be analyzed closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
      Last I heard, a few progressed enough to walk around the house with a walker, not very life changing.
      Will be interesting to see if they are still making progress.

The changes in the Spinal Cord Independence Measure (SCIM) scores, especially bowel and bladder, were the surprises of the trial. Hopefully will repeat.
      In the IIb trials bowel, bladder, and sexual function will be analyzed closely.
      Jim,
      Will there be a selection on the nurses who will be analyzing sexual function?

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by #LHB# View Post
        Jim,
        Will there be a selection on the nurses who will be analyzing sexual function?

Thanks,
        Here ya go... if function fails, at least it will sure teach you to recover how to run! hahaha

Last edited by Moe; 4 Mar 2017, 7:48 PM.
        "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
        ― DaShanne Stokes

***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

Comment

haha the one time I hope I don't perform!!!!
          Originally posted by Moe View Post
          Here ya go... if function fails, at least it will sure teach you to recover how to run! hahaha

Comment

Jim, If I came to a First Friday Open House, would I be allowed to take notes and maybe even video anything to be shared back here?

Comment

Anything talked about there can be shared here. You could take video of the lab but not Wise's presentation.

Comment

Im jus curious on whats the big secret for?

Comment

It is a very intimate setting with families affected by SCI, most don't want their business on the internet.

Comment

Go Barrington!
                    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
                    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Comment

Originally posted by lunasicc42 View Post
                      Go Barrington!
                      I really want. But I probably wont be able to swing it until the June open house. It's a 10 to 11 hour drive for me. Expecting my first born next month and would hate to be 10 hours away and find out my wife is going into labor early or something. And my mom and sisters are planning to visit the last week of April/First of May. The good news is though, that gives me plenty of time to plan something. Figure out how I can best achieve relaying the most information back to here. As well as be prepped with plenty of questions from you all to take in with me. I said I wanted to do this before but it didn't work out. Hopefully with more time now I can make it happen. Going to talk with my wife about it tonight.

Comment

Let me know when you are coming, I'll give you hotel choices with Rutgers rate.

Comment

Thanks Jim, I'll certainly be in touch when the time comes.

Comment

Jim, we really can't thank you enough for always updating us on the latest news. I totally understand that there are many things out of Dr. Young's hands which is accounted for all the delay. However, we know for a fact that the phase two trials were a great step forward. I mean results that proved that chronic's are actually standing up, walking and gaining their Bowel, bladder and sexual functioning back is really unbelievable.

I would just like you to confirm my understanding from the things you said previously in other threads about the second round of phase 2 trials that are going to take place in America and India.

Question 1: since the trial in India is ahead, are you saying that if they start this spring there would be a chance that it will be available ( as a conditional use ) for people who are willing to pay for it maybe end of year in India?

Question 2: The same as the above question but America instead of India. You're saying if all goes well, you could start the trial in America in the fall. Would it be safe to say that if the trial is successful, but would be able to pay for it and do it maybe beginning of 2018 also as a conditional use?

Question 3: is the team expecting even better results especially for quadriplegics and upper body improvement in the next trail especially taking into consideration that they're planning more intensive exercise for upper body ( something similar to this 666 program) but for upper body?

I hope you can answer these questions because it would shed some light about some very important points. It means that we don't really have to wait for the completion of the trial in 2019 or 2020.

Comment

Has there been a change in spasticity? Were patients able to reduce baclofen?
                              c6 inc since 2-19-11
                              ex pro-am motocross racer
                              tilite aero z s2

Comment

mT,

- I'm not sure about compassionate use in India.

- We have been told that as soon as the subjects are chosen for the US trial, the therapy will be available for expanded compassionate use. I would want to use one of the 3 surgeons in the trial, so will have to wait until they are done (few weeks).

- We are hoping exercise will bring back hand/finger function, and to all muscles that are exercised. We will learn a lot from these trials.

I'm not sure Wills.

Comment

Working...
                                X