Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ChinaSCINet Update

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Jim View Post
    The data suggests lithium & methylprednisolone are not effective, if confirmed in the next Phase II's, they will be dropped.
    Absolutely no one else was headed into that direction. How much money and time was invested in this?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

    T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

    Comment


      Originally posted by Jim View Post
      Hey NM, I meant we will move forward if this therapy is confirmed to work, the clinical trial process is completed, and the therapy is approved by the FDA. Tweaking, def. The data suggests lithium & methylprednisolone are not effective, if confirmed in the next Phase II's, they will be dropped.

      We are working hard on Muse cells (pluripotent, umbilical cord blood cells.) It is possible they may be more effective than mononuclear cells. We are also trying them in the lumbosacral injury model.
      Is there a difference between Phase II and future IIs that makes it worth to re-trail lithium & methylprednisolone? If the 20(?) patients data suggests lithium & methylprednisolone are not effective off P-II in China, what makes this combination so special to suggest another try?
      Last edited by Moe; 18 Feb 2017, 3:33 PM.
      "Talk without the support of action means nothing..."
      ― DaShanne Stokes

      ***Unite(D) to Fight Paralyses***

      Comment


        I am worry. Is something change in Wise mind about the treatement method? or is for FDA approval?

        Comment


          Originally posted by lynnifer View Post
          Absolutely no one else was headed into that direction. How much money and time was invested in this?
          Many independent labs showed lithium is beneficial for recovery in rats, and methylprednisolone (MP) improves cell survival. Our lab tested, and found the same. That's why Wise and several other researchers decided to try it in the trial. It was not expensive or hard to do.

          Originally posted by Moe View Post
          Is there a difference between Phase II and future IIs that makes it worth to re-trail lithium & methylprednisolone? If the 20(?) patients data suggests lithium & methylprednisolone are not effective off P-II in China, what makes this combination so special to suggest another try?
          Download the PDF of the paper- http://www.ingentaconnect.com/search...ize=10&index=7
          Look at page 13. Group C received only the max injection of cells + intensive walking and had the best walking recovery. Group D received cells+lithium + MP, less return, Group E, cells + lithium, even less return. If the same results are repeated it will be enough evidence to drop lithium an MP.

          Originally posted by lampros View Post
          I am worry. Is something change in Wise mind about the treatment method? or is for FDA approval?
          No need to worry. We are on track to begin this Fall in the US.

          Comment


            Will they allow people who already participated in another trial? Is there is certain time frame needed in between 2 separate trials?
            Thanks
            c6 inc since 2-19-11
            ex pro-am motocross racer
            tilite aero z s2

            Comment


              Originally posted by Wills77 View Post
              Will they allow people who already participated in another trial? Is there is certain time frame needed in between 2 separate trials?
              Thanks
              Generally, yes you will be able to participate, but will be decided case-by-case.
              You must be C5-T11, complete, no change in function for 6 months.

              Comment


                Jim within how much time results expected from lumbosacral research whether muse cells going to work or not and how soon you will start human trials?

                Comment


                  Forgive me if this was answered elsewhere, but are completes just the extreme starting point? Will this be trialed in incompletes and MS patients soon too?

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Jim View Post
                    Generally, yes you will be able to participate, but will be decided case-by-case.
                    You must be C5-T11, complete, no change in function for 6 months.
                    Hey jim, Key point here with the China clinical trial they incorporated the Kumming walking program six hours six days a week. Are they going to be continuing that protocol or something similar in America?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Sheri View Post
                      Forgive me if this was answered elsewhere, but are completes just the extreme starting point? Will this be trialed in incompletes and MS patients soon too?
                      The US IIb trial will be include only completes, India may include incompletes. We will know for sure in the coming months. This therapy will not be effective for MS.

                      Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
                      Hey jim, Key point here with the China clinical trial they incorporated the Kunming walking program six hours six days a week. Are they going to be continuing that protocol or something similar in America?
                      The plan is to do the same.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by JamesMcM View Post
                        Hey jim, Key point here with the China clinical trial they incorporated the Kumming walking program six hours six days a week. Are they going to be continuing that protocol or something similar in America?
                        Jim, is there any plan to use something like the ReWalk or another exoskeleton as a substitute for the walking program (correct me if I am wrong but that was literally having two people move your legs for you)

                        Comment


                          In general, the Chinese believe using those devices is like teaching people how to walk on the moon.

                          In the beginning, someone does have to move your legs and lock out your knees, but 15/20 progressed to stepping on their own. (2 of those 5 had to stop because of leg fractures. After reviewing x-rays it was determined they were there pre-injury fractures. Another had to stop walking because of a knee injury and swelling. Although the average was 7 years after injury, the others didn't experience problems related to osteoporosis.

                          We will attempt to do something similar here in the US but are open to other methods. The Chinese method seems effective but we will still search for something better. Wise recently visited a rehab center in Italy that seems to be the best overall rehab program in the world. The equipment and methods they use to exercise the entire body is incredible.

                          Comment


                            Any more information on this Italian rehab program ? the equipment and methods they use ?

                            Originally posted by Jim View Post
                            In general, the Chinese believe using those devices is like teaching people how to walk on the moon.

                            In the beginning, someone does have to move your legs and lock out your knees, but 15/20 progressed to stepping on their own. (2 of those 5 had to stop because of leg fractures. After reviewing x-rays it was determined they were there pre-injury fractures. Another had to stop walking because of a knee injury and swelling. Although the average was 7 years after injury, the others didn't experience problems related to osteoporosis.

                            We will attempt to do something similar here in the US but are open to other methods. The Chinese method seems effective but we will still search for something better. Wise recently visited a rehab center in Italy that seems to be the best overall rehab program in the world. The equipment and methods they use to exercise the entire body is incredible.

                            Comment


                              Jim, in which town in Italy, because is near to me. I live in Athens, Greece.

                              Comment


                                Centro Giusti, Florence

                                https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lv35iz83e...ofZojUlCa?dl=0

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X